• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I don't care about co-op in Dark Souls and Bloodborne I just like the messages on the floor for the most part, but I haven't played DS2 so no comment on that one in particular.

I beat Dark Souls 1 offline, and Demons Souls online. Gotta say a lot of the fun for me is getting randoms together and fighting the bosses. I go through the stages myself and ask for help on bosses. Don't think I would enjoy the series half as much with no coop. Even considering that offline playthrough is one of my most enjoyable gaming moments.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I loved invading another player's game in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls games, and then helping out the host player by attacking their enemies or leading them places. Sometimes they understood what I was doing, sometimes it was like a Benny Hill skit with me running around like a fool, but it was all in good fun.

PS+ being paid and required just took that away as a casual thing to do with Bloodbourn, and that was a great shame. I still quite like the game though.

I loved invading another player's game in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls games, and then helping out the host player by attacking their enemies or leading them places. Sometimes they understood what I was doing, sometimes it was like a Benny Hill skit with me running around like a fool, but it was all in good fun.

PS+ being paid and required just took that away as a casual thing to do with Bloodbourn, and that was a great shame. I still quite like the game though.

in order for ps+ to take that away the multiplayer portion would actually have to work in the first place.

Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne

Team B made coop fun.

Haven't played Bloodborne, but Dark Souls 2's online implementations were head-and-shoulders above the previous game. Soul Memory was not a mistake, and everything else went a long way into making multiplayer interactions something easily accessed, and even unavoidable. For myself, it did a lot to get me used to using online stuff and being invaded, which is something I felt really uncomfortable doing in DS1; I suspect many others were in my same boat.

The Clangorous Covenant stands vigilant, even now.

well guys, im getting sleepy and my allergies are starting to act up(they always get really bad around bed time) so I'm gonna get some sleep while i still can before my allergies keep me up all night. tomorrow i shall change my avatar! :) spent about like 3 or so minutes deleting all the white pixels so looks noice

Absolutely! Can't even describe how good the swordplay is. Fantastic! Coupled with the very good weapon arsenal and fun force powers, the game is a classic. One of the best!

Visuals might not have held up obviously. I find them good enough though.

That's great to know. I still have Mysteries of the Sith to play through (I'm assuming that the lightsaber combat will probably be the same as in Dark Forces II), but I can't wait to try out the combat in Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy.

As for visuals, I've grown to appreciate the looks of older PC games. Of course, it doesn't hurt if such games have updated graphic mods available to download. lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enclave -- MB-4853BD2C5BBCCEFF - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat -- MB-76633B7809F102E8 - Taken by didamangi. 7 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-21FBD583FF77575E - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-93F96D3580D2D569 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Septerra Core Legacy of the Creator -- MB-83C5DA86A6E1353E - Taken by GaussTek. 5 entrants total.

t1431059424z1.png

Tesseract

Banned
i accidentally deleted a pm containing an unused It came from space, and ate our brains steam key. it was in the last 20 or so pms, is there any way to recover that pm?

pahamrick

i accidentally deleted a pm containing an unused It came from space, and ate our brains steam key. it was in the last 20 or so pms, is there any way to recover that pm?
Check modbot commands. You can get all keys you've won resent

Would get it for you but on mobile.

DocSeuss

Every time I attempted to use bloodborne co-op, I spent a single insight to get booted from the game completely. Every. Time. Tried it so many different ways. Reset the game, the console, changed the password, you name it. Wasted my Insight.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For the increase in voice quality, I feel like a lot of the personality has been lost. Mr. Stoic Asian Guy With B-Movie Quotes just doesn't have the same power as "MY GRANNY SHOOTS SMARTER'N YEW!" in the heat of the moment. They were trying to go for reactionary dialog like Left 4 Dead/2 had but failed to understand that you needed fun characters behind those lines... and people who know how to write good dialog.

Shame, but, a small issue when the rest of the game is sooooooooooo good!
please new class soon, tripwire

Pretty much. I wish they bring his VA back.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see I'm not popular enough to be used as a party member anywhere. Good for my hipster street cred tbh.
0f93302070.gif

dex3108

Man people are really in full defence mode when you say anything bad about CDPR. In my opinion Witcher 3 was downgraded visualy. Does that means W3 is bad game? No. CDPR needs to get same treatment like other devs.

Momentary

Banned
Man people are really in full defence mode when you say anything bad about CDPR. In my opinion Witcher 3 was downgraded visualy. Does that means W3 is bad game? No. CDPR needs to get same treatment like other devs.

Gotta have parity with consoles. I'm really hoping that it's just tessellation turned on on those comparison shots I saw earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom