• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
the way i fix my mouse is punch it really hard on like the left click

just once or twice and it gets fixed i think

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who really liked Gods Will Be Watching. Probably my favorite game of that year.

i liked it but it's a total bore to play and it's just morbid at times

I like the way Dangan 2 reveals murderer more because you'll discover it at the same time as the characters.

In Dangan 1, you always knew way before they even reveals it. I mean during the early case, you can even guess who the killer is after you found the body. It's boring.

The thing is that with the writing in Dangan 2 you could actually make everyone the murderer, because most evidence doesnt really point to person ABC being the murderer. At least in case 2+3, case 1 was a bit different.

It might be boring but it works in Dangan 1, because you have the clues and the evidence and deduct that person ABC might be the killer.
In Dangan 2 you have the evidence and clues, but nothing points to the killer at all. Case 2 spoiler:
Like I said. Besides the wetness of the character, everything points to either Hiyoko or that Yakuza boy. Nothing even hints at Peko to be the killer and that she might be related to the Yakuza boy somehow. Just felt so cheap that all of a sudden she attacks you and then it is revealed she is the killer

And the pacing also feels off imo. It feels like the investigation lasts 10-15 minutes, the trial is too long, because of the minigames and the flashbacks about things that happened just 2 minutes ago are everywhere.

sprinkles

Do you know if that is the full Life is Strange or just Chapter 1?
I am afraid it is only episode 1.

Zedraxlo, the dev of the game used a publisher to publish said game on Steam. That publisher never paid him at all. Like he is waiting for the money almost since release, so he removed the game from Steam.
That's a sad story. But then I really did not like Shan Gui (the whole 30minutes of it)...

I am afraid it is only episode 1.

That's a sad story. But then I really did not like Shan Gui (the whole 30minutes of it)...

He actually has some other games out. I really like his artstyle. There was also a sequel to Shan Gui IIRC.

Thats his newest project:

21205743974.jpg

Neospartan

Neo Member
Oh man, what a shame, the Shan Gui thing.
Anyone know if the developer has a version up somewhere else where they ARE getting money? Tempted to buy the Android version just to show support.

Oh man, what a shame, the Shan Gui thing.
Anyone know if the developer has version up somewhere else where they ARE getting money? Tempted to buy the Android version just to show support.

Some chinese websites. Not sure of any other way to play it (besides pirated).

It was a nice little 30 minute game, had nice art, a short story and nice music.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.5. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added dynamic store data to wishlist pages
  • Added a button to profile backgrounds in your inventory to set them as your background with a single click
  • Added release date information for unreleased games on wishlist pages
  • Added a media slider to store and workshop pages to expand the screenshots and movies section
  • Added an "Add to your wishlist" button on other people's wishlist pages
  • Added an option to skip the "Got Steam" dialog on store pages
  • Added a link to the web chat to the Community dropdown menu when logged in
  • Added highlighting and tagging options for items marked as "Not Interested"
  • Added a button to toggle HD playback of videos on app pages
  • Added a button to profile background market pages to preview that background on your own profile
  • Changing view options on the badges page no longer requires a page reload
  • Improved performance of continuous scolling feature
  • Changing sorting options on wishlist pages will no longer cause the page to reload
  • Fixed a bug where some functions weren't working correctly for users who hadn't configured a custom URL
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "New on Steam" section's visibility on the homepage not to toggle
  • Fixed a bug that would occur when trying to leave multiple groups if there was an error on the page
  • Fixed a bug that caused the homepage carousel to not display correctly until it scrolled past the first item
  • Fixed a bug where adding games to your wishlist from the community hub would result in an error
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. The beta version of the Firefox extension is now available on the website.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

having a weird issue with Enhanced Steam now...

updated to 8.5 and now it only loads when I'm logged out on the Steam site...when I'm logged in it doesn't load at all

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
having a weird issue with Enhanced Steam now...

updated to 8.5 and now it only loads when I'm logged out on the Steam site...when I'm logged in it doesn't load at all

Have you tried clearing the extension cache (using the menu at the top)? Are you getting any error messages in your console (F12)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I appreciate Lionsgate's efforts to embrace Steam, but the whole "rent or nothing" purchase philosophy needs to wilt. Like, An American Hairy Person in London is good fun, but I'd rather own it than rent it, and the two aren't mutually exclusive. That's the very definition of leaving money on the table.

I appreciate Lionsgate's efforts to embrace Steam, but the whole "rent or noting" purchase philosophy needs to wilt. Like, An American Hairy Person in London is good fun, but I'd rather own it than rent it. That's the very definition of money on the table.

There is much more region locking with movies compared to games so I don't think the movie part of the steam will ever take off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is much more region locking with movies compared to games so I don't think the movie part of the steam will ever take off.

That's true, but if a distributor can offer a rental, it can offer ownership. There's no reason for Lionsgate's frankly stingy distribution method, especially considering its presence on other services. But, hey, baby steps are better than nothing.

jshackles

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null...when logged in

Is there a line number next to that? Should look like enhancedsteam.js:4150 or something similar... the number will help me identify where in the code it's not working correctly. Also, feel free to PM me the info.

Cth

Looks like I'll finally get to try Bloodborne, Best Buy has it on sale for $19 right now and I have a gift card.

I've been playing Stellaris non-stop, make sure you pick that one up as well!

kagamin

*Pre-Orders game at a place where you can't cancel then complains about it after seeing early impressions*
When will they ever learn amirite?

Nzyme32

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.5. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added dynamic store data to wishlist pages
  • Added a button to profile backgrounds in your inventory to set them as your background with a single click
  • Added release date information for unreleased games on wishlist pages
  • Added a media slider to store and workshop pages to expand the screenshots and movies section
  • Added an "Add to your wishlist" button on other people's wishlist pages
  • Added an option to skip the "Got Steam" dialog on store pages
  • Added a link to the web chat to the Community dropdown menu when logged in
  • Added highlighting and tagging options for items marked as "Not Interested"
  • Added a button to toggle HD playback of videos on app pages
  • Added a button to profile background market pages to preview that background on your own profile
  • Changing view options on the badges page no longer requires a page reload
  • Improved performance of continuous scolling feature
  • Changing sorting options on wishlist pages will no longer cause the page to reload
  • Fixed a bug where some functions weren't working correctly for users who hadn't configured a custom URL
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "New on Steam" section's visibility on the homepage not to toggle
  • Fixed a bug that would occur when trying to leave multiple groups if there was an error on the page
  • Fixed a bug that caused the homepage carousel to not display correctly until it scrolled past the first item
  • Fixed a bug where adding games to your wishlist from the community hub would result in an error
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. The beta version of the Firefox extension is now available on the website.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

It's okay .... I guess....

Corpekata

Banned
Mice doubleclicking is just a general fate many have after a long time of use. My steelseries sensei started doing it a few months ago.

rtcn63

I started Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepticon. Those opening chapters are rough
AssCreed style QTE combat, tailing, and escaping on rooftops.

And it's weird playing a ~60fps game on PS4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm had to re-try to install the latest nvidia driver 3 times, it kept failing for some reason. That does not bode well does it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom