• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

that eurogamer uc4 article thread is a bloodpath

it's finally weekend, so short yet so much games in the backlog to play...

It's genuinely hilarious that an article praising Naughty Dog for getting the dialogue, characters, story and pacing right leads to fanboys rushing like lemmings to deride the article as clickbait.

Uzzy

But it's already available.

84c0fb95ff08b6a82eeb80cbbebe6341

Monooboe

Whoa THAT thread. I never imagined that anyone would see "walking simulator" as something inherently bad these days.

Also the new DOOM music got me wanting to play the game. The nostalgia seems to really be in the game. Man that first time playing DOOM on a 286 with only internal speakers.

NEO GEO Collecting Guide - EXPENSIVE as HELL?!

Woah I never knew much about the NeoGeo. Games are crazy rare it seems. The cheap ones are up to 100 bucks. Cheap ones.
Then the regular ones for several hundred and the expensive ones up to 10000 dollars. What in the world.....

It's a very unique and fascinating system though. Great watch.

They may be worth that much, but I doubt we'll see anybody forking that much cash for them.

Kiru

UPLOADDD ITTTTT

Ok. It's pretty easy, you place this vbs file into the game's folder. Diablo 3 in this case, but you can edit those first few lines with the another Blizzard Game. In Steam you now select this file as the target and add "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" in front of it.
Target path looks like this after you are done:
"C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\steamoverlay.vbs"

I didn't make the script. I just used someone elses script that he made for Hearthstone.

Ludens

Banned
So, regarding the Gemini Heroes thing, DON'T activate the german key over the uncut one: it will overwrite it and you won't be able to understand what key you need to remove in order to store only the uncut version.

German people can redeem only the german key, while other users can redeem both but only in thhis order:

uncut>cut

Locust

Prob safe to say that Majesco is as good as dead. Putting your whole catalogue in an ig bundle is a great way to kill your steam revenue for good.

Woah I never knew much about the NeoGeo. Games are crazy rare it seems. The cheap ones are up to 100 bucks. Cheap ones.
Then the regular ones for several hundred and the expensive ones up to 10000 dollars. What in the world.....

To be fair, they cost hundreds of dollars when they were new. NeoGeo is a cool thing but god damn is it expensive.

neonglow

Prob safe to say that Majesco is as good as dead. Putting your whole catalogue in an ig bundle is a great way to kill your steam revenue for good.

Besides Costume Quest 2, everything else has been bundled before on IndiaGala and other bundle sites.

sprinkles

Simple question: Doom yay or nay (Single Player)?

I had a busy week at work and no time to read the OT yet. Plus there are no reviews which makes me a little cautious.

rtcn63

From reading the OT, single-player is good to great. But it's still the honeymoon phase and rose-colored hyperbole is a thing.

neonglow

I think this code is only redeemable in Germany.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Gemini: Heroes Reborn -- MB-89426D3BACB25ECF - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Censored German Edition

t1463161599z1.png

Ludens

Banned

Dunno, ask Groupee. I just managed to remove from my library the wrong code just by LUCK, since it also shares the exact same name of the uncut one.
EDIT Volume is 75% off, very good game if you like Metal Gear Solid VR missions. I don't know about the plot because I didn't manage to follow (I hate the narration, it works like Thomas was Alone so I don't want to stop playing just to hear what is going on), but the game is solid and you can also build your difficulty by changing the way checkpoints work.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doesn't really sound like a fun way to play these games. Or any game really. Don't you fear of burning out if you do that?
well they had done it great in dark souls 2 since you could just buy the stuff for the achievements in ng++ so basically just play it a bunch and you'll earn everything

I think you understand where my posts a week or so ago were coming from.
Blizzard loves it. It's marketing they don't pay for, or not as much as.

It's booth babes without a contract.
nah i think you're super reaching for intent when they just designed a bunch of cool looking characters and awesome fans do what awesome fans do and they ran with it and did cool shit with those characters. like compare the characters in overwatch to quiet who was supposedly designed to be cosplayed and she's like completely fucking gross and has a scene where she's like drunk dancing in the rain for whatever reason, while if anything overwatch is awesome because the game has a really diverse cast, there's women of different body types, people of pretty much all races, that's better that 95% of the games already. sure there's sexualized characters and it's mostly women but that's the state of the industry these days, sadly, and at least overwatch provides as many non-sexualized female characters that it's much better than usual

sounds to me that you're both downplaying all the work that goes into cosplaying ("they're just booth babes") when i knew ppl that cosplay and that shit is like A LOT of work and then it's just a ton of fun for everyone, and misrepresenting the situation in the way you want to look at it. yeah blizzard knew what they were doing when they created these characters, they knew they had a lot of appeal and they made them so but how is that a bad thing? you could say the same thing about persona 5 or whatever, that those characters were created for the community to go crazy about them but the way i see it that's kind of great?

i really don't get how you can spin "blizzard designed characters that everybody loves" as a bad thing

at some point activision shot themselves in the foot by releasing yet another call of duty packed with the best one

like, no one is gonna care about the new one, shitty name or not lol

My god Doom Season Pass is just $6 less than the full game here.

The season pass actually costs more than the game in my Steam store. Bethesda nailing it with their pricing.

But yeah. Actually I feel like the minigames in Dangan2 were just introduced to lengthen the game. I played the 3rd case yesterday and the investigation was like 10 minutes long, but the courtroom case feels like it takes forever, because even the Hangman Gambit takes so long, because you have to wait till those letters arrive.

I've posted before that these minigames are bothering me too. I actually looked up what the deal is with Hangman's Gambit (even though Googling anything about the Danganronpa series is incredibly risky). As it turns out, in the Japanese version they only had to fill in the blanks for 4-5 characters because that's just how their script is. In the English version though, we usually get two words with a total of 8-15 characters. This slows down the game significantly so it lasts much longer and you take much more damage for any collisions. In the words of a Gamefaqs poster, "This mini game is not balanced for English".

I like the way Dangan 2 reveals murderer more because you'll discover it at the same time as the characters.

In Dangan 1, you always knew way before they even reveals it. I mean during the early case, you can even guess who the killer is after you found the body. It's boring.

I would take the opposite view. I actually like being able to solve the murder by piecing together the clues. If the game does not allow you to do that then you're basically just going through the motions in the trials. You're not actually solving any mystery if they don't present all the information to you upfront.

I think the devs thought german censorship is still like how it was in the 90s here and you cant show blood in games in Germany, so they made a version without blood.

Everybody knows that Germans don't bleed so it would be silly to build a version of any game with blood to sell in Germany.

Extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Avalanche 2 Super Avalanche -- MB-D662100819CB7A81 - Taken by NingenJanai
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-ED7145A3BC77887B - Taken by dot

sprinkles

I finally got around to collect all the spare keys from various bundles. They SHOULD all work, if one of these does not I am sorry.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sprinkles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods will be Watching -- MB-2FCF8515F7CFE349 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-CBF4A74D84B5574D - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Rocket League -- MB-C709A43F2F4A6DAD - Taken by Zeeman. 21 entrants total.
Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds -- MB-E7B39BF4CDBC7702 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Orion A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-5885952B1BF30894 - Taken by Phawx. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9187911037E32F0A - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 4 entrants total.
Life Is Strange -- MB-4C6846F6C8E75722 - Taken by laserlaser. 9 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-31C28C6436D29713 - Taken by Rafy. 9 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-E45C09B2FBBFEC14 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-70FB1B95C30C23E2 - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-48228C3566E2CFA9 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 3 entrants total.
Shan Gui -- MB-72DC55EB74DC56B7 - Taken by Neospartan. 1 entrants total.
Portal 2 -- MB-45C8DD02DE8D3B19 - Taken by Regginator. 7 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad 2013 -- MB-BC8103A1ABEABF3C - Taken by hannes. 2 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-9BD68178E70982EA - Taken by Ronan. 3 entrants total.
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-13C0801AB72C7C8D - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

Malebolgia -- MB-17AF64EA8363E2DF - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
System Shock Enhanced Edition -- MB-7892F46DA8A9FDE7 - Taken by GaussTek. 17 entrants total.
Beach Bounce -- MB-67009B4DA0B36EE0 - Taken by yoshizzle. 5 entrants total.

t1463172567z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
man my computer was doing so well and i feel it's regressed like 3 weeks

suddenly my videocard's acting up again (your drivers stopped responding and had to restart messages while browsing on ff/chrome) and my mouse is doubleclicking all over the place

this is very annoying

man my computer was doing so well and i feel it's regressed like 3 weeks

suddenly my videocard's acting up again (you drivers stopped responding and had to restart messages while browsing on ff/chrome) and my mouse is doubleclicking all over the place

this is very annoying

We call that the summer.

Lomax

NeoGeo games were like $200 new, and never common, so I'd think they'd all cost a fortune now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom