• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Man I'm getting old. Out of 8 secrets in Dooms second level I found only 1. And the saddest thing is, I looked and tried real hard...

I was pretty adamant on not grabbing DOOM until I upgraded my PC, but damn, all these cool references plus the very positive word of mouth it's receiving is making it way tougher than I thought.

I think their mistake was only having the MP portion as the Alpha & Beta tests...the Campaign portion seems to be getting the positive word of mouth (just from my skimming)

maybe they should have had at least a small part of the Campaign to test...could have made a difference in the negativity before release...that said I'll have to wait until it's on sale to pick it up (and maybe by then I'll have upgraded my graphics card too)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
im tapped for the Dishonored 2 OT so im taking bets on wether i'll be banned in November

Step 1: Make a thread about how having to choose between a male and female helps to serve the overarching narrative as an allegory for how the so-called "United" States are right to be not-so-united on the front of transgender rights.

Step 2: Be banned because that's unequivocally stupid.

Step 3: Success.

I got an open box Geforce 970 for a great price.

For the first time, I can play everything on Steam I own. Everything. And it can max damn well near everything.

My life has changed forever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any of you german folk need the non-violent (lol?) Gemini Heroes? it seems groupees gives you a key for that version on top of the normal

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would make sense

Especially since they just added timed gifting features to the store. Will be interesting to see how that pans out, since they've been talking about "trading money using Steam" for yonks...

They'll definitely be region locked of course, and probably trade restricted too I would guess.

Lomax

Hey, Rocket League people, I have two questions:

1) Is it decent as a single player game? As in, does it have seasons, stats, and some sense of progression? Or is it just single matches against bots.

2) If I play the multiplayer do I have to interact with the other players in any sort of chat/voice format or can I play with all that stuff turned off and still have it be playable?

kthxbai

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Too many demons for a single man -- MB-3A8E9FCE5978A896 - Taken by Pafnucy. 23 entrants total.

t1463182804z1.png

why would they be pissed at doto

also tf2 is the past, overwatch is the future

cheers love

Because it started as a WarCraft 3 mod. And in an early state, a StarCraft mod.

And their own version is a little half-baked and has failed to capture the same success. Or that of (puke) LoL (puke, puke.)

zkylon

zkylewd
man i'm discovering everyone has a really petty hate of blizzard these days

i think the last blizz game i had played was warcraft 3 so i didn't know this was a thing

it's really funny

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Somebody please take this :p

This is the uncut ROW version

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gemini: Heroes Reborn -- MB-FE7F6B6509825017 - Taken by dave is ok. 7 entrants total.

t1463183085z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
man i'm discovering everyone has a really petty hate of blizzard these days

Couldn't hate against just about every videogame company be called petty?

Like, which one has the corporate policy of running over your dog?

Uzzy

EA killed my dog. Andrew Wilson himself did it.

http://img1.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-Overwatch-Tracer-Blizzard-1655731.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

Tracer's design is awesome, like most of the cast. It's her accent that makes me curl up in a corner and cry.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wanna bathe in that 'tude

pretty sure riot has that policy

if Overwatch was an actual moba I dont think zkylon would even have time to post here anymore
i may or may not have called in sick to work today to watch competitive league

Tracer's design is awesome, like most of the cast. It's her accent that makes me curl up in a corner and cry.
silly accents are the best, cmon

OmarYusaf

That Knife Execution is too good. Played the game with the mercenary costume and hunted them down predator style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlLe3-kn8PU

How does a skinny barely 100 pound girl overpower and drag to the ground a buff mercenary twice her mass weighed down with extra ammo and weapons on a chest carrier no less.

Just give her superpowers at this point. They should have focused the reboot series as a stealth game. Sneak around the enemies to get to the macguffins, dont tackle them like a linebacker.

Lomax

Blizzard vs Valve is a weird debate. At least back in the 90's, Epic vs id made more sense.

The funny thing is, we know from leaked plans that Blizzard intended to make battle.net into something like Steam, Valve just beat them to it. Honestly I think it would have been interesting to see that play out because if there's one thing Blizzard does orders of magnitude better than Valve, it's customer support. They would have actually already had the infrastructure in place to support a store like Steam whereas somehow after all these years Valve still doesn't.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Oh, yeeey. Won a game that is no longer on Steam. Should've done some research before sending the PM haha.

I'm keeping it. Hope the developer manages a deal with Valve and republishes or something.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Rubber and Lead -- MB-F149668081AAA362 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Vampire of the Sands -- MB-4BF27DE72A4D1049 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Sumo Revise -- MB-7E10F7AD8589F246 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-03F8CA94EEBF97F7 - Taken by Barajas_201. 15 entrants total.
Rooms The Main Building -- MB-523D152EEE7752A8 - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect -- MB-FCC35E23FD4A14ED - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
Twilight City Love as a Cure -- MB-E4E46C00315C6940 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Cataegis The White Wind -- MB-C7E6AE86F04BDFFE - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Visibility -- MB-85E12E31C1E1B5B5 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-4E83DEEEEA7A3274 - Taken by Shalashaska. 10 entrants total.
TeraBlaster -- MB-FF4ADB66FC44642A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Gem Wars Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-FCB5D88F9BAAD519 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Tengami -- MB-9554DAA0FAE53EAF - Taken by Red Hood. 11 entrants total.
Kidnapped -- MB-B716048D5E999C38 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
X-Blades -- MB-D1D1284E946FB35A - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 2 entrants total.
Skyflower -- MB-185E02846364C09E - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Luna Sky -- MB-B9EDB79D3C182BA4 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
The Deed -- MB-D98E61DAB6EA7B5E - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-17ECD856A7F8E259
Militia -- MB-1A033B62B0F9DF30 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 2 entrants total.
Ultimate Arena -- MB-3D81BEC0F837ABF8 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Blitz Breaker -- MB-4603F64B88B7062C - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
The Adventures of Mr. Bobley -- MB-C829FB881497C66F - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Mystery of Unicorn Castle The Beastmaster -- MB-BB25A13308EFF05E - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Spectrubes -- MB-39A505101CCC19AC - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Office Battle -- MB-1223D55222C80FAB - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Scott in Space -- MB-98E6E1F3F31254D7 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Gravity Den -- MB-3C5A1F86136C7B51 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Black Sails The Ghost Ship -- MB-9FDFBB04548FAE74 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 8 entrants total.

t1463183606z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom