• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Even with all platforming jank and at-times-incredibly-unfair ambushes, Uncharted 3 is still moderately compelling. It helps that the collectibles are trivial so I don't have to scour the environment for shit. Story and set pieces are about what you'd expect, nothing worth noting.

Phawx

but it would probably be prudent to archive your own copy of the extension and side-load it in Chrome, then remove the version from the store.

Done and done. Hopefully another version gets made or someone forks the new one whenever the old one breaks.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rubber and Lead -- MB-F149668081AAA362 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Vampire of the Sands -- MB-4BF27DE72A4D1049 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Sumo Revise -- MB-7E10F7AD8589F246 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-03F8CA94EEBF97F7 - Taken by Barajas_201. 15 entrants total.
Rooms The Main Building -- MB-523D152EEE7752A8 - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect -- MB-FCC35E23FD4A14ED - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
Twilight City Love as a Cure -- MB-E4E46C00315C6940 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Cataegis The White Wind -- MB-C7E6AE86F04BDFFE - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Visibility -- MB-85E12E31C1E1B5B5 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-4E83DEEEEA7A3274 - Taken by Shalashaska. 10 entrants total.
TeraBlaster -- MB-FF4ADB66FC44642A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Gem Wars Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-FCB5D88F9BAAD519 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Tengami -- MB-9554DAA0FAE53EAF - Taken by Red Hood. 11 entrants total.
Kidnapped -- MB-B716048D5E999C38 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
X-Blades -- MB-D1D1284E946FB35A - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 2 entrants total.
Skyflower -- MB-185E02846364C09E - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Luna Sky -- MB-B9EDB79D3C182BA4 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
The Deed -- MB-D98E61DAB6EA7B5E - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-17ECD856A7F8E259
Militia -- MB-1A033B62B0F9DF30 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 2 entrants total.
Ultimate Arena -- MB-3D81BEC0F837ABF8 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Blitz Breaker -- MB-4603F64B88B7062C - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
The Adventures of Mr. Bobley -- MB-C829FB881497C66F - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Mystery of Unicorn Castle The Beastmaster -- MB-BB25A13308EFF05E - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Spectrubes -- MB-39A505101CCC19AC - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Office Battle -- MB-1223D55222C80FAB - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Scott in Space -- MB-98E6E1F3F31254D7 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Gravity Den -- MB-3C5A1F86136C7B51 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Black Sails The Ghost Ship -- MB-9FDFBB04548FAE74 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 8 entrants total.

t1463183606z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
perk system based on doing cool stuff rather than leveling huh

I like wolfenstein

I thought it was annoying. Can be easy to get stuck behind one perk similar to Batman Arkham Origins that gated off half a tree behind a challenge based around very limited predator maps.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idle Master is already doing FFX/X-2 for me.

Paine's card has a higher market value than Yuna's. This pleases me.

What can I do for you? / What can I do for you?

Salsa

I thought it was annoying. Can be easy to get stuck behind one perk similar to Batman Arkham Origins that gated off half a tree behind a challenge based around very limited predator maps.

well it can force you to play the game in a way you don't want to if you're sorta min-maxing I guess, but I like that its different

also I chose the Wyatt timeline just know (unknowingly of course)

dude saved me and other dude seemed much more at peace with the idea of dying so

iosefe

so i actually did buy the steam version.

seeing as i will be starting a fresh save. i'm gonna start drafting names for things here is a list of important names

Tidus
All the summons.

first person to reply with a name for Tidus is the winner
if you want to name a summon, pick the aeon, then list your chosen name.

if i recall it's an 8 character limit.

zkylon

zkylewd
well married life in stardew valley is lame

maru ruined the interior design in my house by attaching a gross workshop to my bedroom and changing the floors and she doesn't really do anything

also i have no motivation to do anything around the farm anymore with like infinite money and all the relationships maxed out and stuff

i think it's time to move on

no baby zkies running around

nothing

i probably should've married earlier so this is what i get for fooling around with the whole town lol

rtcn63

so i actually did buy the steam version.

seeing as i will be starting a fresh save. i'm gonna start drafting names for things here is a list of important names

Tidus
All the summons.

first person to reply with a name for Tidus is the winner
if you want to name a summon, pick the aeon, then list your chosen name.

if i recall it's an 8 character limit.

Tedious

Salsa

I weirdly stopped Stardew Valley at like 20 hours even tho I was really enjoying it

I guess I could just what was ahead of me in terms of something being more addicting than fun

i'll probably come out after some patches and such

zkylon

zkylewd
also i should've married harvey

the second i got married i realized i hate her and her stupid overalls and her boring remarks about rocks

who gives a shit maru, i hate rocks

if i keep playing i'm gonna have an american beauty moment and destroy everyones' lives

kagamin

also i should've married harvey

the second i got married i realized i hate her and her stupid overalls and her boring remarks about rocks

who gives a shit maru, i hate rocks

Haste makes waste, or in your case, haste makes an unsatisfactory marriage. Foolish foolish Zky.

Celcius

°Temp. member
COD: BO3 multiplayer is free for the weekend. Unfortunately I don't like what COD has turned into though, I'll stick with MW2. Oh well, was interesting watching my 780 Ti struggle with 4K.

mp1990

Banned
I weirdly stopped Stardew Valley at like 20 hours even tho I was really enjoying it

I guess I could just what was ahead of me in terms of something being more addicting than fun

i'll probably come out after some patches and such
same thing happened to me, but 18 hours earlier lol

probably can be explained by me having an awfully short attention spam when it comes to games ><

will probably jump back on it by june/july, when summer break starts and I will have more free time, by the little I've played of it seems like something that I'll REALLY get invested in

in other news: had an accident trying to cancel a purchase and now I own Stellaris

kagamin

You know maybe one of these days Bamco will try to localize IM@S, there may not be much of a market for idol sims outside of Japan though I'll say, I mean they bothered bringing the iOS version of Shiny Festa over (with a bad translation but still).

Salsa

Wolfenstein proper started (meaning I beat the introduction and got past the late title card) and now the game looks.. better in every way

like, the character models are better, the lighting is better

what the fuck is up with this game

kagamin

Wolfenstein proper started (meaning I beat the introduction and got past the late title card) and now the game looks.. better in every way

like, the character models are better, the lighting is better

what the fuck is up with this game

It's magic.

Buraindo

COD: BO3 multiplayer is free for the weekend. Unfortunately I don't like what COD has turned into though, I'll stick with MW2. Oh well, was interesting watching my 780 Ti struggle with 4K.

Yeah I tried it earlier today, not a fan. Performance wasn't great either but that's more on my pc being old.
Siege's been my go to multiplayer FPS, will probably be for a long time. Especially if they keep updating it as often as they have.

Forgot to mention I beat Binary Domain last week. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a bit sceptical going in I admit, but I was completely sold once the prologue was over. Great gameplay, even better sense of humour. Game still looks good too (bit too much grey perhaps) and that's always a plus.

Vibranium

Banned
well it can force you to play the game in a way you don't want to if you're sorta min-maxing I guess, but I like that its different

also I chose the Wyatt timeline just know (unknowingly of course)

dude saved me and other dude seemed much more at peace with the idea of dying so

You messed up Salsa. Fergus is the better character and is a total bro. Maybe for the second playthrough.

Lain

Time for some green to light up your day guys.

Detention
57EA857CAD81FA07D6FC3C818DBDF43AA2081377

For the horror game fan, it looks creepy, even when it comes to the characters' animations.

Ruin of the Reckless
Judging from the video, I'd describe this as a (slower) Hyper Light Drifter wannabe. It has the 2D, the dodge, the aiming thing. I dunno, HLD is the first thing I thought of when I watched the video.

Starflint the Blackhole Prophecy
Colorful adventure game. I don't know if it'll make it on kickstarter but hey, if it does, it might be a fun game to play.

Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime
This is a weird one, and i'll let the description speak for itself:
Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime is a 2D Action-RPG in Space with Roguelike influences, set in a medieval, folktale-inspired fantasy universe.

As a young knight, go on an adventure in a surreal, storybook-like galaxy in your trusty spaceship. You need to be skillful in battle, upgrade and manage your ship well, and make the right choices during encounters. Only then will you be able to defeat the dreadful League of Black Knights who terrorize the realm.

So I managed to drag myself away from Bravely Second (I beat the main game that is) long enough to play the game FreshVeggie got me for my birthday: Momodora III.

I will preface this by saying that I do play action platformers from time to time, but I'm not very good at them, and I don't really have a lot of patience to "git gud" at them. They're not my favourite genre, but they're not my least favourite, either. So take these impressions with all that in mind.

The story: You play one of two characters, Momo or (Isa)Dora, and some witch of death is causing mischief or something, and you have to stop her I guess...it's not very clear, but in a game like this I'm sure it doesn't really matter. Maybe it's explained in Momodora I and II...not really sure.

The graphics: Simplistic and stylistic. Pixelly but nice. The character portraits are cute without trying to leave a window open to be creepy about it. They reminded me a bit of Touhou...but not TOO-hou, is what I mean to say. The backgrounds all get the point across and aren't too distracting.

The controls: Very tight. I knew that falling into a pit was my own fault, and cursed my own clumsiness often.

The bosses: Well, I played it on normal, and some were nicely challenging, making you learn the pattern so you could beat it fairly, but some were just "run up, attack, and facetank." When I got greedy for hits and discovered that worked, I wasn't sure how to feel. I also missed a hidden boss or something...maybe that one is tougher.

The music and audio: The music is charming. The sound effects are little more than whooshes, dull thumps and squeaks. At least the music makes up for it.

The length: It took me a little over an hour (the end time said 57 minutes and 87.50% completion, the Steam time said 73 minutes.) There probably is some replayability, though: you can play as the other character, you can try hard mode, you can try to get the achievement that says "beat the game in less than 25 minutes," that sort of thing.

The verdict: A charming, fun distraction that doesn't require too much investment. Is it worth the C$4.49 in the Steam store? ...If you're a big platform fan and a completionist, I'd say yes. Otherwise, look for it in bundles and play it if you get it. Was it a good birthday present? Absolutely yes. Thanks again, Veggie!

Lain

Mana Spark
2D roguelite action game. What has me interested is in the description (the AI part), if it holds true:
Mana Spark is a roguelite with bow and arrow action, focused on &#8203;strategic combat, and on a special artificial intelligence&#8203; that makes enemies not only smart but makes them &#8203;collaborate between themselves&#8203;.
There's a demo, so I might try it later to see.

How To Make Your Grandpa Happy
Free-to-Play game about making your grandpa happy. I never got to know my grandpas, so this got my vote.
How to Make Your Grandpa Happy is a short experimental game about being a granddaughter who tries to repair her grandpa&#8217;s photo album. Put the photos in the right place to help the grandpa remember the past and make him happy one more time!

Copper Dreams
Maybe someone posted this already (I'm still going through the last few pages of the thread). Never enough cyberpunk (or steampunk, when that is the setting) games around anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom