• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I dunno, I think it's pretty close.

Well, no.

You don't make any allowance for the fact that the dog is also Klei's. That Klei has ownership or at least stewardship of the dog. That Klei didn't specifically run over your dog. Your dog is the same as it ever was. That some madman made them run over another dog, but not your dog, to give dogs to more people.

You see why this isn't working?

I'm not saying you have to like it, but Klei didn't run over your dog.

If I felt like being artistic I could probably work up an analogy using Klei and begging for free months of cable, but that feels like too much mental gymnastics to perform for a tired mind right now. :p

Those would be some flips because I don't beg.

Like a dog.

Which Klei didn't run over.

kagamin

If you care about achievements and play ToME, you're fucked pretty much.

For reference:
sQ3kmYk.png

pahamrick

Well, no.

You don't make any allowance for the fact that the dog is also Klei's. That Klei has ownership or at least stewardship of the dog. That Klei didn't specifically run over your dog. Your dog is the same as it ever was. That some madman made them run over another dog, but not your dog, to give dogs to more people.

You see why this isn't working?

I'm not saying you have to like it, but Klei didn't run over your dog.

Those would be some flips because I don't beg.

Like a dog.

Which Klei didn't run over.

I think it makes as much sense as what you just said. But I am sleep deprived and in pain, so who can be sure. Am I even really typing right now? It could all be adream.

But that's okay, we understand. You love Klei so much, you can't help but jump up and defend them. <3 Don't worry, we won't begrudge you the verbal fellatio you so willingly throw their way.

morningbus

I think it makes as much sense as what you just said. But I am sleep deprived and in pain, so who can be sure. Am I even really typing right now? It could all be adream.

... My point is that you don't make sense. Not that I make more sense.

Me making no sense up there is a reflection of what you're saying.

But that's okay, we understand. You love Klei so much, you can't help but jump up and defend them. <3 Don't worry, we won't begrudge you the verbal fellatio you so willingly throw their way.

I'm all for having fun and I imagine that Corrosive is adept enough to see that I'm playing around, but this is unnecessary.

I thought Don't Starve was mediocre and Klei are mediocre and even I can understand the whole achievement debacle is ridiculous. Ubisoft make those type of deals every day and no one bats an eye.

morningbus

What's great about this is that it actually reinforces my original comment which was telling zkylon that Blizzard isn't the only company that seems to get petty hate.

I didn't mention Klei.

I've only played Mark of the Ninja and thought it was pretty good.

Yet look where I am right now.

Let's all be good cobbers and forget about Kleis and achievements and all that stuff. The good news is that Doom feels pretty good, and Overwatch isn't so far away now.

pahamrick

... My point is that you don't make sense. Not that I make more sense.

Me making no sense up there is a reflection of what you're saying.

It made enough sense that at least 2 other people understood that analogy before I posted it. So, with me making 3 and you making 1 -- I'm still going to have to go with it was at least close.

I'm all for having fun and I imagine that Corrosive is adept enough to see that I'm playing around, but this is unnecessary.

So you weren't defending Klei? Because if not, I do apologize for my brain beating my fingers to the punch.

As for the whole achievement issue, which everyone seems to be hung-up on:

Unlike Frost, I don't even give two shits about achievements not being back-ported to their PC games. My complete disdain comes from them promising gamepad support alongside the PS4 version launch, then back paddling to "Well, it's in the pipeline -- no clue when it'll happen."

See, for me right now playing keyboard and mouse heavy games is a chore. It's not easy, but sometimes I'm willing to suffer for a really good game (Like the Shadowruns, or Pillars of Eternity). Gamepad is infinitely easier for me. So I put off getting into Invisible,Inc hardcore until the promised gamepad support came.

And I'm still waiting, and probably will be. Because if there's one thing Klei is good at, it's keeping people waiting.

Don't Starve is tough. I keep starving.

And yeah, Klei earned my respect after Mark of the Ninja. Going from Shank to that was incredible.
For reference:
sQ3kmYk.png

I love that Valve's achievement system actually supports this. It's one of the few times their laissez-faire attitude has paid off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Y'all should be like me and have zero morals. I dont give a fuck if hitler himself made a game using puppy blood and baby tears. Is the game good or not is all I care about :3

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, they don't fit his model given they aren't good games in the first place.

Well that certainly helps! I'd be fine with passing on stuff I was interested in before if I find something deplorable from the devs and have done it before.
There is plenty of games made throughout the years I can buy where I don't have to support assholes.
rHItpoe.png

morningbus

It made enough sense that at least 2 other people understood that analogy before I posted it. So, with me making 3 and you making 1 -- I'm still going to have to go with it was at least close.

Your friends need sleep, too. There's no way to transpose the idiom of "ran over my dog" to anything with Klei.

You shouldn't even want it to, either. "Ran over my dog" is a very personal, but one dimensional reason to hate someone. That's the point of the expression.

So you weren't defending Klei? Because if not, I do apologize for my brain beating my fingers to the punch.

Whether or not I was defending them, there's no need to say that I'm sucking their dick.

As for the whole achievement issue, which everyone seems to be hung-up on:

Unlike Frost, I don't even give two shits about achievements not being back-ported to their PC games. My complete disdain comes from them promising gamepad support alongside the PS4 version launch, then back paddling to "Well, it's in the pipeline -- no clue when it'll happen."

And I'm still waiting, and probably will be. Because if there's one thing Klei is good at, it's keeping people waiting.

Can you provide a source for where they'd say they would be doing gamepad support alongside the PS4 version? The only bits I can find are these:

From April 15, 2015 (before Invisible, Inc.'s official release)
While we don't have controller support right now, we would like to back port the controller support to PC once we have it running on PS4. That might take some time, though -- there's a LOT of UI in the game.

Then, just a few days after the release of the PS4 version, April 22, 2016:
homedrone developer Apr 22 @ 1:26pm said:
Porting the controller support to the PC is in our queue. It's coming, we don't have a firm date for it yet though.

Phawx

Well that certainly helps! I'd be fine with passing on stuff I was interested in before if I find something deplorable from the devs and have done it before.
There is plenty of games made throughout the years I can buy where I don't have to support assholes.
rHItpoe.png

Mr. Gimmick was a neat game.

pahamrick

Your friends need sleep, too. There's no way to transpose the idiom of "ran over my dog" to anything with Klei.

You shouldn't even want it to, either. "Ran over my dog" is a very personal, but one dimensional reason to hate someone. That's the point of the expression.

Whether or not I was defending them, there's no need to say that I'm sucking their dick.

Can you provide a source for where they'd say they would be doing gamepad support alongside the PS4 version? The only bits I can find are these:

From April 15, 2015 (before Invisible, Inc.'s official release)

Then, just a few days after the release of the PS4 version, April 22, 2016:

First you really need to get caught up with the lingo there, Bus. Verbal Fellatio = Excessive complimenting. If I was going to insinuate you blowing them, I would have left off the verbal part.

And I just spent 20 minutes looking for the post I could have sworn I read back in Oct or Nov, before the final launch date was even close to being announced for the PS4 version. So, sorry Klei.

You still suck for not having gamepad support yet however.

morningbus

First you really need to get caught up with the lingo there, Bus. Verbal Fellatio = Excessive complimenting. If I was going to insinuate you blowing them, I would have left off the verbal part.

And I just spent 20 minutes looking for the post I could have sworn I read back in Oct or Nov, before the final launch date was even close to being announced for the PS4 version. So, sorry Klei.

You still suck for not having gamepad support yet however.

Damn, looks like I butt fucked your complaints with facts then.

morningbus

And yet still didn't understand the phrase Verbal Fellatio. So since I wasn't insulting you as much as you thought, we can call that even.

I'm having fun there and I'm not insulted, but verbal fellatio is incredibly dismissive and dropping a phrasing like that was a show of bad faith in our discussion.

It asked me to treat you as hostile because you reduced my side of the conversation to word blowjobs for the developer. I decided not to, continued the conversation, and now it appears that we've hashed out an understanding that allows you to support Klei again.

Happy to have been of assistance.

I can hardly wait for achievements to die off. Such needless gamification, too restricting to be clever and too easy to be genuine accomplishments.

[Achievement Unlocked: Haterade]

Besides, ToME has won the achievement arms race. There's really no need to continue any further.

I once played ToME for 3 hours and didn't get a single achievement. At that rate...

Finshed my Deus Ex HR no kill run. Panchaea was a comedic punch-up, bodies everywhere. All I could think of was Adagio for Strings except this time everyone survives, maybe with life altering concussion symptoms.

pahamrick

I'm having fun there and I'm not insulted, but verbal fellatio is incredibly dismissive and dropping a phrasing like that was a show of bad faith in our discussion.

It asked me to treat you as hostile because you reduced my side of the conversation to word blowjobs for the developer. I decided not to, continued the conversation, and now it appears that we've hashed out an understanding that allows you to support Klei again.

Happy to have been of assistance.

Don't really support Klei anymore though. At least not yet. If I really wanted to go all tinfoil hat conspiracy, I could think that the post that I could have sworn I read has since been deleted to erase evidence, but I don't think even Klei is that low.

Also, honestly disappointed there isn't even an unofficial definition for verbal butt fuck

hsI69Xh.png

I once played ToME for 3 hours and didn't get a single achievement. At that rate...

Finshed my Deus Ex HR no kill run. Panchaea was a comedic punch-up, bodies everywhere. All I could think of was Adagio for Strings except this time everyone survives, maybe with life altering concussion symptoms.
30 ToME achievements in 45 hours. (Mostly exploration mode...) It doesn't joke around.

And DXHR definitely gets weird towards the end... I tried for a no-kill run and failed
not because of this, but because I didn't realise bosses could be disabled.

Lain

I like the avatar part of Crush Crush.
You have some faint customization (hair and accessory) and the sketch nature of the face improves as your stats improve (I guess).
I didn't grab a screen at the start but the face definitely improved Did a reset and grabbed a screen with a low multiplier:
QgQb.png
HgQb.png

this screen is dedicated to our beloved hatter guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom