• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pafnucy

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Too many demons for a single man -- MB-3A8E9FCE5978A896 - Taken by Pafnucy. 23 entrants total.

t1463182804z1.png

It wasn't Doom, if that's what you all were hoping for, like I was :p

And I just spent 20 minutes looking for the post I could have sworn I read back in Oct or Nov, before the final launch date was even close to being announced for the PS4 version. So, sorry Klei.

You still suck for not having gamepad support yet however.

Well, the dev said they wanted to back port it "once it was running on the PS4". Running != Release... so it seems like they should've started the porting process at some point once it was solidly implemented on PS4... hell, they could've pushed a beta branch on Steam and got some free play testing out of it. But it sounds like they haven't even started the process... and if it's anything like their efforts to bring parity to from their other console ports to PC, well, we all know how that will end. ;)

pahamrick

Well, the dev said they wanted to back port it "once it was running on the PS4". Running != Release... so it seems like they should've started the porting process at some point once it was solidly implemented on PS4... hell, they could've pushed a beta branch on Steam and got some free play testing out of it. But it sounds like they haven't even started the process... and if it's anything like their efforts to bring parity to from their other console ports to PC, well, we all know how that will end. ;)

This is true. They don't do parity, after all.

Not since shaka brah have I been so confounded by slang.

Don't worry. Bus is just confused, as verbal butt fucking isn't really used slang.

ExoSoul

Banned
What the hell happened with Klei? The non-analogy part?

The reason why some people dislike Klei is because of this:

- Klei releases a game with no achievements on Steam because they didn't think it suited the game, people are cool with that and respect it
- Wants to release said game on PS4
- Sony says that they are interested in the game but it has to have trophies
- Klei says kewl, adds trophies hooks and release it
- People get slightly mad because they went back on what they said was their vision, some ask for parity
- Klei declines because they still don't believe in cheevos

Not saying I agree or disagree with people, just letting you know what triggered it

Edit. Welp, guess they went back on their word more than once then.....

zkylon

zkylewd
im pretty sure achievements on ps4 are mandatory

can be like a the witness thing that the version without achievements is actually the definite one

Knurek

I wish Steam had an option for sound notification for achievement unlock.

I'd gladly use that Meg Ryan fake orgasm scene for it.

Tellaerin

im pretty sure achievements on ps4 are mandatory

can be like a the witness thing that the version without achievements is actually the definite one

I know Sony's always insisted on the PS version of multiplatform titles having some kind of exclusive content. Are achievements the only thing that was added to the PS versions of Don't Starve?

Corpekata

Banned
I know Sony's always insisted on the PS version of multiplatform titles having some kind of exclusive content. Are achievements the only thing that was added to the PS versions of Don't Starve?

That's microsoft, and even they are pretty wishy washy about that these days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For some reason the new Doom isn't showing up on Steamspy.

The section_type = ownersonly flag prevents the game from showing on user profiles, among other things. It should have been removed coincident with the AU/NZ unlock.

Corpekata

Banned
No no, Sony is the same thing, just look at PC games that make it to PS4 down the line, usually in a somethingsomething edition.

If they were demanding it, like 90 percent of the dual PC/PS4 launches would not exist like Firewatch and The Witness. Heck Firewatch has a PC exclusive feature even. There's a reason so many indies are favoring Sony these days compared to MS, and it's because they don't have to put up with as much bullshit.

The Banner Saga, for instance, came out what, 2 years later, and has no special features or exclusive content on PS4

Arthea

Achievements on steam should be mandatory, even more so cloud support.
here, I said it.

I wish Steam had an option for sound notification for achievement unlock.

I'd gladly use that Meg Ryan fake orgasm scene for it.
totally

very late to the party edit: that Lightning dealwithit gif is awesome! what's wrong with you people?

I really wonder whats up with Payday 2 Updates. Every time I only have 20gb left, the update thats supposed to be 2GB, will use up all the HDD space...

here, I said it.

totally

very late to the party edit: that Lightning dealwithit gif is awesome! what's wrong with you people?

I just passed 5k achievement on steam. Not sure if I should be proud or not!

Don't let the initial presentation fool you, there is a fantastic game buried under the mediocre presentation. Think The Sims/Sim-city in space with specific characters all with unique voice acting and needs/skills. There is a mission chain that builds on previously complete objectives or an open ended sandbox mode. Build a Jacuzzi so they can relax, a bar so they can nurse their alcoholism, a library so they can actually be useful (looking at you Candy), mine various materials, raise space chickens, clear space weeds, brush out the base, a meeting place so Tami can talk to everyone, do some work Tami and more. It can get quite hectic quite quickly.

I don't think it's going to turn out to be too long, but a great game from the last Bundlestars killer bundle.

ExoSoul

Banned
If they were demanding it, like 90 percent of the dual PC/PS4 launches would not exist like Firewatch and The Witness. Heck Firewatch has a PC exclusive feature even. There's a reason so many indies are favoring Sony these days compared to MS, and it's because they don't have to put up with as much bullshit.

The Banner Saga, for instance, came out what, 2 years later, and has no special features or exclusive content on PS4

When they come out at the same time they'll likely be the same but if it's later brought to PS4 Sony will push for some form of exclusive content.

That doesn't mean that every game that latter gets ported will have, and bigger/well known devs/games have a easir time of avoiding it but it does happen.

Arthea

Just got an email in from GMG this morning

"We have 2 copies of Doom to giveaway!"

Competition closed yesterday

http://replygif.net/i/1104.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

that's still much better than bundlestars sending you a specific coupon for a bundle you already bought, now this is some SE level of trolling

[quote="Knurek, post: 203591064"][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/app/359870/discussions/0/364041517007524857/?ctp=5#c364041517012443472"]Apparently you can do so already with most games using Kaldaien tools[/URL]
D3D9+ and/or OpenGL only though.[/QUOTE]

interesting

Monooboe

here, I said it.

I agree, since one of my goals for this year is to get up my completion rate to 33% I've started to just uninstall/hide "maybe" games that don't have achievements. Sure in the long run this might not be an healthy attitude but the way I see it, this makes me a have much smaller backlog with games I really want to play and give those games a bigger chance.

Corpekata

Banned
I agree, since one of my goals for this year is to get up my completion rate to 33% I've started to just uninstall/hide "maybe" games that don't have achievements. Sure in the long run this might not be an healthy attitude but the way I see it, this makes me a have much smaller backlog with games I really want to play and give those games a bigger chance.

Having a shtiload of extra games that have achievements, specifically ones you'd have to "complete" would probably nuke your completion rating into the ground. They're helping you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I saw the Doom giveaway on Twitter. I'm pretty sure I got in on time (12 hours ago) if I'm converting time zones properly. By the comment count it seemed about a 1/100 chance, better than you'd get in this thread, lol. I won Skyrim from GMG back in the day so hopefully my luck has recharged.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats a good 4X game to start with for a nub, that is NOT civ 5?

Ludens

Banned
I saw the Doom giveaway on Twitter. I'm pretty sure I got in on time (12 hours ago) if I'm converting time zones properly. By the comment count it seemed about a 1/100 chance, better than you'd get in this thread, lol. I won Skyrim from GMG back in the day so hopefully my luck has recharged.

What giveaway?
EDIT: Oh, GMG one. Well, didn't receive their mail, so well...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Endless Legend or Stellaris would be my choices.

I dont have either of those

also, wtf at this stuttering in Transistor? o_O it wasnt like this back when I played on release, this is unplayable. Time to hit google I guess

Monooboe

Having a shtiload of extra games that have achievements, specifically ones you'd have to "complete" would probably nuke your completion rating into the ground. They're helping you.

True, I already have a bunch of games with just one achievement that severely impacts my completion rate, BUT, it has also made me more careful to start a game that I'm not sure about, so now I play games that I'm most interested in and I also give games a longer chance once I've started, so it's still good in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom