• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a website that shows library titles that are close to being 100% achievement completed? Astats has #remaining, but not percentage from what Im seeing..

I still don't know why you believe this... but say, just for a moment, there was some truth to what you say... then this might be applicable:

Nxeo4po.png
Lies and slander. Your jig is up birthday boy.

That comic is WD art and I just noticed your avi is from that.
Who cares about achievements? I mean honestly?

681485.jpeg
Those who do one would think.

Saty

So their console business will continue to produce WiiU-like failures that way.

What's your point? All the exclusivity in the world didn't help the Wii U ending up being a failure. It's safe to say that additional availability of Nintendo games on PC wouldn't be what makes the next Nintendo console fail (if it does).

That's one, you gotta mention two more! ;)
I actually don't play multiplayer FPS that much, and Battlefield generally doesn't count as fast-paced.

I think BF's control and gunplay certainly handle fast close quarters combat well, as the CQ map pack of BF3 has demonstrated (or any maps that have in-doors area), but DICE gotta differentiate its brand.

Well, I *was* getting back into Dropsy. Then I encountered a game-breaking bug. It'll require quite a bit of re-doing stuff to get back to where I was.

Checked the Steam forums on it. Turns out someone encountered the same bug. The developer said they'd look into it. Post was from last September.

Welp.

Name me three other good fast paced FPS games that are not over 10 years old.

The ones I have in my current backlog: Rage, Hard Reset, and Shadow Warrior. On the old game front, I never finished Doom 3. I also gotta play Dishonored and finish my replay of the Half-Life 2 series.

The new Unreal Tournament is shaping up to be a pretty good game too.

Oh yeah I still need to play the UT pre-alpha some more.

KR_remix

Hello steam thread.

Not really comparable because these consoles have ThirdParty support and bigger online gaming focus (so people will buy the console their friends have).

Sony and Microsoft are making bank off of two major things: selling subscriptions, and charging fees to third parties. Nintendo doesn't really have either of these things going for them, outside of some big 3rd party series on handhelds. So what difference does it make if they sell on their own home console hardware vs someone else's hardware if they are making the same money on each sale? I can understand not wanting to pay fees and a cut to MS/Sony, but opening a store on pc could potentially work. They aren't really selling people on an ecosystem, so it wouldn't be like they are giving up much of anything.

------

Also no one is mentioning the fastest fps series Tribes >.>

Wait, is DOOM good? Everyone was shitting on it last week

Depends on what you want from it. I'd say that the campaign is REALLY good, and the online component is by the numbers. I'm fine with that, since when I think about Doom I think about a good campaign, but I can't speak for others.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Depends on what you want from it. I'd say that the campaign is REALLY good, and the online component is by the numbers. I'm fine with that, since when I think about Doom I think about a good campaign, but I can't speak for others.

I hate MP and love single player

Will check it out in a few months when its on sale

Tried Dark Souls 3 for the first time after yesterday's supposedly freeze inducing patch.

Can confirm 1 second freezes - longer than previous short stutters upon saving - happening new at erratic moments.

Big shame. Patch introducing technical issues. Big shame.

Original plus DLC apparently runs better than director's cut. Can't recall the other changes.

DLC in director's cut is inserted into the main game, no longer a separate component, it breaks up the pacing. DC is suppose to look better than the original, but I didn't notice.

Thanks for this. Sounds like the original will do for now.

Isn't director's cut possible to play without killing anyone too?

Bah, I have a flexible moral system.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Isn't director's cut possible to play without killing anyone too?
They adddd non-lethal solutions to the bosses. They didn't count as kills in the original game because their fate is dictated by the cutscenes that follow the fights, but some people encountered them woefully under prepared and cried about it when it was hard.

mp1990

Banned
Sometimes to understand someone u must experience what they experienced
Ever played dino crisis 2 by any chance?
Yes, and all it did to me was making 7 years old MP
frustrated because he couldn't find one gear that gave your access to the next important area, and ended up getting stuck for about 7 hours.

Though that on its own explain lots of things too.

madjoki

Hmh wonder how they will check when one bought the thing? Receipt maybe but in the past I could be eligible even outside their stated time frame, thinking about when they offered the season pass for AC Syndicate.

Yeah, you needed to scan & send receipt with Far Cry Primal they did earlier.
Reddit is to blame for that for posting it.

Doomedfool

A couple extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Doomedfool:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche -- MB-291C9482D5B75805 - Taken by TheAutomator. 6 entrants total.
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-B4AF8E3601029237 - Taken by Shalashaska. 15 entrants total.

t1463251951z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom