• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When 30fps means 30hz is very much does completely blow ass, just a disgusting blurry shadow image mess. However when I can run a game 30fps and keep my monitor's 120hz, that's fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any reason why FFX HD doesn't appear on Steamspy ? By the way, the game has more than 10K concurrent users right now, which is higher than FFIX, so we can expect higher sales.

It released a couple of days ago and SteamSpy has a "lag" of a few days.

Salsa

it aint about the 30fps it's about re-doing it on infinitely better hardware and not getting that framerate up as one of the sale points

Adry9

CDProjekt RED more than tripling the amount of people in one of their studios for Cyberpunk

MwyOk.gif

They'll probably start another project once they are big enough and run them side by side though.

Salsa

They'll probably start another project once they are big enough and run them side by side though.

they explicitely said they'd be drowning in Cyberpunk all the time once all content for Witcher 3 was done

but eh yeah there's probably a handful of guys figuring out Witcher 4 Ciri and all

It released a couple of days ago and SteamSpy has a "lag" of a few days.

Ah, I see. I thought it was because Square Enix prevented that for any reason. Because the game has no page at all, but I guess that's because the page appeared just a few days ago.

Grief.exe

Any reason why FFX HD doesn't appear on Steamspy ? By the way, the game has more than 10K concurrent users right now, which is higher than FFIX, so we can expect higher sales.

It's also the second highest FF title with concurrent users, behind FFXIV which had an all time peak of 11k.

Seems like something new so people who don't understand how the system functions don't jump to conclusions.

For example, Stellaris keeps jumping up 30-50k per day because the system is still normalizing.

I'm fairly certain we've explained this to you before when you've jumped to conclusions on a games sales day one, but I may be mistaken. It literally happens every release.

Seems like something new so people who don't understand how the system functions don't jump to conclusions.

For example, Stellaris keeps jumping up 30-50k per day because the system is still normalizing.

I'm fairly certain we've explained this to you before when you've jumped to conclusions on a games sales day one, but I may be mistaken. It literally happens every release.

Nah, I know that Steamspy takes a few days before stabilizing sales estimations. Here, I was surprised by the lack of a page for FFXHD :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That hasn't been a problem lately has it?
Lately, no. If a game offers windowed fullscreen that will mean it's running at the same frequency as windows. However, that is not the case if it insists on standard fullscreen. It is much more common with old games to not be able to adjust it, or you can but you have to manually set the right frequency in the resolution settings, but fortunately hardcoded framerates aren't too common in PC games so most just run 300fps or whatever.

Salsa

I love it when you google a game character and the first link is a youtube video with the title "*CHARACTER NAME* DEATH CUTSCENE"

thx

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Google Play key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Drop Math -- MB-F3EABCF15C196EA0 - Taken by voodooray

Google Play game

Salsa

yeah been watchin the QL and I need this thing

bummer Bethesda goes the other way around now and makes the game even MORE expensive in latin america. fuck em

Jawmuncher

bummer Bethesda goes the other way around now and makes the game even MORE expensive in latin america. fuck em

The advertising and promotion to what the game actually is, is crazy. The public opinion on the game has done quite the 180.

Lain

Fuck the mods for Japanese VA and 60fps. Is there a mod to swap Yuna with Lightning yet?! Tidus as well, if possible. And Wakka. And Auron. And the beast guy whose name I don't remember. Rikku and Lulu can stay.

kagamin

Fuck the mods for Japanese VA and 60fps. Is there a mod to swap Yuna with Lightning yet?! Tidus as well, if possible. And Wakka. And Auron. And the beast guy whose name I don't remember. Rikku and Lulu can stay.

You should feel bad, but you won't so I won't persist.

DasFool

Here comes Hatsune Rikku.

What people should really do is somehow import the faces from the PS2 version, because those updated models are hideous.

Because Nintendo keeps making undesirable hardware with weak 3rd party support so i won't buy their consoles but will buy their games if they were on PC. I don't believe Nintendo will be happy to have from now on consoles that will sell like the Wii U did so really it's time they expand, and a store on PC is the best choice for their wants and needs.

I hope Nintendo's slow 'acceptance' of iOSAndroid smartphones will also translate in them starting to put something on PC.
Why would you care about third party support if you have a PC? Secondly, is the hardware really that undesirable if it runs games that you want to play?

I'd love for Nintendo games, in fact all games, to come to PC but it doesn't mean that I won't buy an NX or whatever Nintendo brings out next.

MattyG

Banned
What is the cheapest place to buy Doom right now? I'm seeing DLGamer, but I don't know a) if they're legit or b) if the keys are region locked.

Adnor

Banned

I bought it in CDKeys, but seriously, fuck Bethesda, why the hell are their games more expensive in SA!?

Anteater

thank god it runs well on my 5400rpm drive since those megatextures are shit anyway

i'd be dreading this on my SSD

game runs well on my end but god it doesn't have any options other than reflection and cache or whatever, basically "it runs like shit or it doesn't lol"

rtcn63

The disc version of Doom only has 9GB of data, requiring you download the other 45GB? The fuck. Guess I'll wait for a cheap steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom