• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

idk if i'll play The Old Blood right away. It's supposed to be short right?

I know I should have played Wolfenstein TNO before but at the same time im kinda glad I waited since I can scratch my no-money Doom itch now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
idk if i'll play The Old Blood right away. It's supposed to be short right?

I know I should have played Wolfenstein TNO before but at the same time im kinda glad I waited since I can scratch my no-money Doom itch now

Yeah, about half the length of Wolf14, which is still around six hours.

Saty

Why would you care about third party support if you have a PC? Secondly, is the hardware really that undesirable if it runs games that you want to play?

I'd love for Nintendo games, in fact all games, to come to PC but it doesn't mean that I won't buy an NX or whatever Nintendo brings out next.

Because there's a zero chance i'm going to buy a Nintendo console for the select few exclusives i'm interested in. Never owned a N64, never owned a GC, never owned a Wii, never owned a Wii U and most likely i'm never going to own a NX. I get better results directing that money for a PC upgrade. And who knows what awful controller they have this time and i'm sure people would love to play their games at resolutions higher than 1080p and all the other perks games get for being on PC.

-MD-

CDProjekt RED more than tripling the amount of people in one of their studios for Cyberpunk

MwyOk.gif

Resident Evil 6 here we come!

Yeah, about half the length of Wolf14, which is still around six hours.

And it feels about 2 hours too long, as well.

I really didn't like The Old Blood. The New Order was so, so much better. I can't blame anyone for bailing out partway through -- certain areas were a real slog to get through.

Dr.Acula

Banned
thank god it runs well on my 5400rpm drive since those megatextures are shit anyway

i'd be dreading this on my SSD

I got rid of those, loud, failure-prone platter drives ages ago. Half-terabyte SSDs are ~150 Canadian. It's better to just have a smaller roster of games on your main drive that you play than have 30 games installed at once. If you haven't played a game in six months, why even have it installed? Make a steam backup and drop that on your 5400. I wouldn't run my MP3s off such trash.

Tizoc

Have a quick one lads and lasses
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

East India Company Gold -- MB-DC4E28BA22BEB8C5 - Taken by Lashley

MattyG

Banned
And it feels about 2 hours too long, as well.

I really didn't like The Old Blood. The New Order was so, so much better. I can't blame anyone for bailing out partway through -- certain areas were a real slog to get through.
This. The Old Blood was an awesome idea that just didn't really have the punch that The New Order did. I was super disappointed in it, as The New Order was my GOTY 2014 (and is probably one of my favorite games ever, at this point).

Salsa

well I broke Wolfenstein

tinkered with some settings. put them back. now im at this same area with the same ultra settings it was running at 60fps minutes ago and it now runs at like 40 with dips to 30

I dont even fucking know

I wanna take a shit on this engine's programmers face

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well I broke Wolfenstein

tinkered with some settings. put them back. now im at this same area with the same ultra settings it was running at 60fps minutes ago and it now runs at like 40 with dips to 30

I dont even fucking know

I wanna take a shit on this engine's programmers face

So... Carmack's? ;)

Salsa

I dropped the settings to High

started running at 60

up em to Ultra

now runs at 60

while looking exactly like it did 5 minutes ago when running at 25fps

this game's just a fucking asshole is what it is

rtcn63

Open-world games with driving where you have no choice but to bounce from the minimap to the view in front of you to see/reach your objective. Like, 90% of the time.

Why.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Krautscape -- MB-A3273459692D9FC1 - Taken by Kifimbo
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-82FD1D4F8DC06BBF - Taken by Red Hood
Costume Quest 2 -- MB-B2C6E62540B20AA7 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Open-world games with driving where you have no choice but to bounce from the minimap to the view in front of you to see/reach your objective. Like, 90% of the time.

Why.
What if your pulled a paper map up blocking your view while you still drove around like a crazy tourist? It's great! (FC2)

Ibuki

Banned
Can't believe it's 2016 and EA isn't releasing Mirror's Edge Catalyst on Steam.

EDIT: oh god I just noticed that this can be interpreted both as a joke and serious post

its just a joke ok

Time to kill Origin before Battlefield comes out

I'm living that integrated graphics life. You know what? If feels OK. It's a little direction change and now I can test my "rig" on old stuff like Max Payne and Fallout 2 and adventure games. This is fine. flames.jif

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Masterplan -- MB-B68C96453D499E11 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.

t1463262399z1.png

Salsa

it's funny how similar Wolfenstein is to Half Life 2

that whole concept of having a weapon do a cool thing that allows you to progress and keep upgrading it throughout the game and all that

the vehicles and having to get off them to unlock stuff and then jump back

there's some real similarities in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom