• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i'll have Peridot on until the end of summer then return to my simian roots

tumblr_o0npz2ygrH1s846hwo1_500.gif

iosefe

well shit.

while you can cheat in all skills, and gil, and items...you can't cheat in sphere levels, meaning you can't abuse the system for stat gain TOO much

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish Steam had an option for sound notification for achievement unlock.

I'd gladly use that Meg Ryan fake orgasm scene for it.
yea a little sound would def be nice

Achievements on steam should be mandatory, even more so cloud support.
here, I said it.
i think that's a really dumb idea

Who cares about achievements? I mean honestly?

681485.jpeg
it's perfectly fine to care about achievements, but demand them from developers is a thing i'm not cool with

let developers make exactly the game they want to make

You reminded me I won this game recently from a giveaway here so I installed it and gave it a go. It reminds me of learning assembly and being frustrated by simple things not being simple after all. And studying programming, I feel like I shouldn't get stuck on any level for too long. Yet I might have already? Still, cool so far.
I should study for my actual courses though >>
yeah, you feel like a failed programmer if u can't solve these easily, but honestly the interface and the "keyword" limitations conspire against u so it's pretty hard

I see the story in Transistor is as incomprehensible as the one in Bastion. Dat art tho, gorgeous game. Gameplay is kinda weird, but kinda cool. Im not using the time stop thing much so I guess im playing it wrong lol
i thought both games had fairly straightforward stories, tho the way it's messaged in transistor is a bit harder to decode. a lot of stuff hidden in the ablities and there's some other stuff to piece together on your own. i can see the story not being the most simple to figure out but i wouldn't say it's incomprenehsible

either way, i don't think the story in transistor is too hot, the game has a ton of style but i wasn't really invested in the world or characters or the events that happen in the game

i liked bastion much better

They are mandatory. Which is something Klei knew when dealing with Sony before agreeing to make Don't Starve: Console Edition.

As far as The Witness goes, Blow didn't want as many trophies as Sony required, but apparently he wanted some as he still put 2 of them into the Steam release. I'm not a huge fan of this approach, but in my book it's still not as bad as the antics of Klei regarding Don't Starve. Also, I'm guessing by "definite" you meant "definitive", but I wouldn't agree with that. Definitive is usually used in media to denote the version with the best fidelity and the most complete package and by not providing parity with what was put out in the PS4, it leaves the PC version "missing" some of the content that exists in other versions.

The difference between what Blow did and what Klei did is that Blow never stated that achievements changed the way people played his game, meaning he isn't a giant hypocrit who wants to have his cake and eat it too.
i don't see how there's any difference. the witness on pc has less achievements, don't starve has none. in both cases the developers meant for the game to not have achievements and by playing the pc version you're playing the game as the developers meant it to be. that is definitive to me, it's the "director's cut" if you will. sometimes the director's cut actually removes shit to focus on what matters, think about how much worse some director's cut versions of movies are when they just add shit for the sake of adding shit (think of apocalypse now with like 20 minutes of ppl talking french lol). imagine if we had red dead redemption without mexico, wouldn't that be a like 6x better game?

also, you're calling ppl "giant hypocrites" over not adding achievements to the pc

like chill the fuck off lol, it's just freaking achievements, you're free to disagree with their decision but i honestly can't believe how cutthroat people can get over shit like this

CDProjekt RED more than tripling the amount of people in one of their studios for Cyberpunk

MwyOk.gif
i hope there's a good gameplay designer among those

and i hope cdpr has enough projects not to fire everyone when cyberpunk releases

it's funny how similar Wolfenstein is to Half Life 2

that whole concept of having a weapon do a cool thing that allows you to progress and keep upgrading it throughout the game and all that

the vehicles and having to get off them to unlock stuff and then jump back

there's some real similarities in there
yeah i never thought about it but it kinda does

also there's some similarities in how you basically play as jesus in both games

so I'm probably late, but is this true

CiIiFtwUgAEbl6a.jpg

because I hope it is
yea this is awesome lol

kagamin

I can't remember if someone here recommended One Way Heroics to everyone, but that game is so cool, I didn't manage to make it to the demon lord on my first run, but we'll see how far I can get next time.

Warning: For Germans Only!

200.gif

Non-violence version because violence is bad and you should all feel bad for being interested in the normal version.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gemini: Heroes Reborn (Non-violent namby pamby version) -- MB-4D14C5726680EA3A - Taken by fifasnipe2224

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, add me to the "own it, haven't played it" list for One Way Heroics. I'll get to it,but I think I'll just wait until I get the DLC too.

I'm catching up with the "Polygon 'playing' Doom thread", holy shit where did the Polygon apologists come from?

And lol at them saying people hate Polygon for no reason, did no one remember Simcity?

Jawmuncher

I feel like One Way Heroics is the game everyone owns, but hardly anyone plays. That's what it seems like anyways.

It's been in a bunch of bundles and goes on sale often for a dollar or less, so yeah.

I'm catching up with the "Polygon 'playing' Doom thread", holy shit where did the Polygon apologists come from?

And lol at them saying people hate Polygon for no reason, did no one remember Simcity?

The funniest thing to read are those saying "do reviewers need to have average skill?" Like yeah, why wouldn't they? You wouldn't have me review Civilization 6, when I don't even make it past the tutorial.

Anteater

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm gonna get through this part in wolfenstein with no ammos on a steam controller and i'm gonna like it

i'm all out of ammos

edit: i ran right past the section and everything despawned instead of gitting gud

modern scripted games is so easy to exploit

Tellaerin

I feel like One Way Heroics is the game everyone owns, but hardly anyone plays. That's what it seems like anyways.

OWH is great, but I've got to be in the mood for it. When I am, I'll play it for a few hours at a stretch. Same thing with me and Spelunky.

The funniest thing to read are those saying "do reviewers need to have average skill?" Like yeah, why wouldn't they? You wouldn't have me review Civilization 6, when I don't even make it past the tutorial.

Now I'm imagining possibilities for something like the old EGM multi-reviewer format, except that you'd have reviews from three people of different skill levels for that genre. One review from a total novice, one from someone who's about average in that genre, and one who's an expert/fanatic. No average or anything, just three numeric scores, so you can look at the one that's most relevant to you.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't think you need to be skilled for a review. There's perfectly valid reasons for someone that couldn't get into Civ 5 to review Civ 6, as you might offer perspective to other people that couldn't get into the series before. Not everything needs to be written from the same perspective and for the exact same audience.

That being said, you probably do need to be above that Polygon video in the sense of "knows how analog sticks work" for reviews.

Anteater

Yo Nab mapping use to tapping the right touch pad is definitely better than clicking

edit: oh nvm it fucks up the stupid mini game because it requires you to use a stupid mouse and pressing use would quit it

mother fucker

edit 2: ooo i found a way around it

I don't think you need to be skilled for a review. There's perfectly valid reasons for someone that couldn't get into Civ 5 to review Civ 6, as you might offer perspective to other people that couldn't get into the series before. Not everything needs to be written from the same perspective and for the exact same audience.

That being said, you probably do need to be above that Polygon video in the sense of "knows how analog sticks work" for reviews.
At one point in that thread, some guy said the game was deliberately played that way to cater to the mainstream, and we simply aren't the target audience, and we are welcomed to not watch the video and refrain from criticising. And another poster came to the conclusion that GAF hates Polygon more than it likes racial equality, since that thread has way more pages than the "Fables 3 was going to have a black female on cover" thread.

People went to such extremes to defend Polygon that I could only assume they are employed by Polygon.

derExperte

So many DOOM threads on gaming site. When will SonyGAF counter with more Uncharted threads?

/s

No need to as long as the ratio is still 1:2. Below that and they'll start making ones talking about, like, the rope or stuff. Oh wait, already happening. But yes, Doom seems well on its way to become the 'huh, did not expect this' game of the year, question is if it does well financially despite the bad word of mouth after the mp betas. Maybe it would've been better to go the TNO route and be sp only. And sending out review codes so late was necessary why?

zkylon

zkylewd

lol that video is pretty funny

really curious wth is going on with that video, wonder if polygon will comment

MattyG

Banned
I cannot get Doom to Stream in Shadowplay. I've never used Twitch through Shadowplay before, but every time I hit the hotkey it refuses to start the stream. I can see that GeForce is linked to it on my Twitch account too. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, i got it. Of course, the minute after I post this.

zkylon

zkylewd
wish there was a shorter game i could play until overwatch's released

i kinda want to start gta 5 but idk if i'll be able to finish it by then

idk if i can just play some stellaris until then or if it'll take over my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom