• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

How do I solve this part in The Witness?
4A9277C9878B882E6418E17934F49ABF896224B7

Does it matter if I copied my steam games backups from my FAT32 portable hard drive to an NTFS one?

Could this be why I cannot get any game to install, instead it just downloads it again.

Nzyme32

Does it matter if I copied my steam games from my FAT32 portable hard drive to an NTFS one?

Could this be why I cannot get any game to install, instead it just downloads it again.

No this isn't the problem.

Make sure you have moved the files to the appropriate folders that Steam expects. Then hit the download button and let it do its thing. You should see it download 1 or 2% of stuff before jumping to 100% as it verifies the files - it isn't actually downloading the full game

No this isn't the problem.

Make sure you have moved the files to the appropriate folders that Steam expects. Then hit the download button and let it do its thing. You should see it download 1 or 2% of stuff before jumping to 100% as it verifies the files - it isn't actually downloading the full game

I've tried doing that. When I copy them, then go into steam the game is greyed out and when I hit install it will download it, even checking in the download section I can see it downloading and not doing the verify process

If I use the steam restore process, once it's completed copy over the files, it stays 'updating' on the game title in my library. I choose play and it downloads it from zero.

Edit: I think I may have fixed it.

When I restore my games, it shows what directory you want it installed in, it defaults to something like this D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam and I always hit next thinking that's the correct file path, where in fact it should be this D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. I'm trying a game now in that directory.

I'm restoring from a usb3.0 portable hard drive and its transferring at 8MB/s through steams restore process...

Edit: working now, what's weird is it was going at slow transfer rate( see above) but after installing DX:HR it needed to install some framework, now everything is flying, over 100MB/s when restoring games.

Tizoc

OK what the heck
The yellow lights are dying off, what gives? The last few panels don't light up yellow :/
EDIT: Wait are the yellow lights INVISIBLE now?!

Hektor

wish there was a shorter game i could play until overwatch's released

i kinda want to start gta 5 but idk if i'll be able to finish it by then

idk if i can just play some stellaris until then or if it'll take over my life

Did you play Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer? I feel like that could be a game right up your ally

Tizoc

That's enough Witness-ing for me, these puzzles are driving my head loco.
Good ish so far though.

Gonna finish it up along with Ori DE in the coming days.

Xanathus

Question about Doom: aren't the health pickups after every melee kill too much?

They're highly needed if you're playing on the harder difficulties. It seems like the game is balanced for "Nightmare" difficulty for experienced FPS players.

Corpekata

Banned
Question about Doom: aren't the health pickups after every melee kill too much?

The average melee kill restores like 5 health, so not particularly, especially with how easy it is to get to low health.

It seems to trigger a bonus health drop when doing it when you're in the red (like final 20 percent of health) so often those are the ones that are worth doing. Doing the ones for 5 health can sometimes end up costing you as much health or more.

Kifimbo

I'm not convinced they all work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Lost Civilization -- MB-42CF59F3C5FE21CF - Taken by Ludens
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-D8CE31ADF0BAAAAD - Taken by bloke
Blue Rose -- MB-A37C5C2C72CCA88E - Taken by ussjtrunks
Power-Up -- MB-2AE6EED5078523EA - Taken by ExoSoul
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-FB8486EE25CB473D - Taken by Mikurden
Crazy Cars Hit THe Road -- MB-625A70C00944A87F - Taken by Jalal

Nillansan

That's enough Witness-ing for me, these puzzles are driving my head loco. Good ish so far though.

I would consider it one of the easier areas in the game, but yeah switch it up with some other games and take your time with it to avoid getting burned out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im a nervous wreck and the only person that would understand me isnt around. wru derexperte ;_;

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Utd will miss out on CL via goal difference and I'll laugh as we finish Third with spuds above us (ill cry)

I was taking a glance at my Steam wishlist to see if I wanted to spend my birthday gift yet, and noticed one of the games - Bookworm Adventures 2 - no longer has a listed price. Was it removed from Steam, or just removed from my country, or what?

Anteater

... sometimes I think I secretly love modding games than actually playing it

installed system shock 2 and it actually runs well right out of the box with 16:9 and stuff, I could just be playing it but hey gotta look up some mods instead..

... sometimes I think I secretly love modding games than actually playing it

installed system shock 2 and it actually runs well right out of the box with 16:9 and stuff, I could just be playing it but hey gotta look up some mods instead..

Fuck System Shock 2 graphical mods. Seriously.

16548.jpg

SS2-mods-enemies-midwife2.png

What the hell is wrong with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom