• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I thought that if you don't change your region, you still should get games of your region.

but as far as steam concerned, I'm not sure of anything anymore

Kaleinc

Banned
apparently miracles still happen, and it's an ol'good DooM, nobody expected to get in this age and day
Besides their trash collector simulator RPGs Bethesda manages to publish solid games: Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Evil Within. I expected Doom be at least ok.

Knurek

I know crt-easymode is probably the best Retroarch shader (due to very low GPU requirements vs how good it looks) but god damn...

untitled10jvg.png

I wasn't aware that Aerofly FS was getting a sequel. It's apparently coming to Early Access soon.

The first game looked pretty great but it was severely limited in scope from what I remember. They only had Switzerland to fly around in, did not have day/night cycles or weather and I think they had very few aircraft. It pretty much flopped on Steam with a lifetime peak of 34 players according to Steamcharts.

The bullet points for the new game seem to address some of these issues (weather, more planes, more locations). I don't know if they can find an audience for it on Steam though.

On the subject of flight sims, FSX now has about 100 DLCs on Steam. This is not at all uncommon for these kinds of games, but that's a lot of extra stuff.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
To be precise, it starts June 23rd and ends June 23rd because by then you have seen all the deals..

..I really hope they change back to the old format, I want Steam sales to be an event.

I actually don't mind the change for this sale as it coincides with Glastonbury - I won't have to worry about trying to get online to check out deals while I'm there.

Nordicus

Satellite Reign has some really neat emergent gameplay once you get past the learning curve that really spiked up in the latterparts of the first area (out of 4).

I'm grabbing high stat guards for cloning, shutting down automated systems on security doors, crawling through vents and ziplining with my infiltrator, etc.
Id tried their hardest to not let people know DOOM is actually a good game.
Yeah, they have significantly improved the game's speed since the glacial E3 gameplay video.

Sarcasm

I'll be in Germany during the last days of the summer sale, if I buy a game will I get the censored German version?

Some people count telltale chapters as 1...

If you use your home country's CC and info you would get your region. The biggest question is if your CC bank won't halt your card since its being used in a different country.

Ludens

Banned
Is Steam broken for you? I can't login via browser, and when I started the client I had 56 news messages.
EDIT: Now it works but no matter what, captcha is always invalid. WTF.
EDIT: Solved, but Steam is acting weird lately for me.

derExperte

http://www.asus.com/event/2016/rog/DOOM/ is live. But it doesn't work with just the S/N, you also need an 'Asus code' from your retailer.

Do you guys only have cash for like a week and after that you are dead broke ? I never understand these comments, lol.

Me neither. What are the things you are buying between getting paid and the sale? Don't buy them. They can't be essential because if the sale would be earlier you obviously couldn't buy them anyway after spending the money during said sale. Makes no sense, just like people going 'oh imma buy this expensive thing because later I won't have any money for it'. What.

I actually don't mind the change for this sale as it coincides with Glastonbury - I won't have to worry about trying to get online to check out deals while I'm there.

"I'll be seeing an incredibly stacked line-up, so have fun obsessively checking the same deals over and over, losers."

I'm jealous.

AHA-Lambda

watta brag
so jelly now!

how come you get so high discount?

They're selling the disc version for £30 plus right now they've got a promo going on where vouchers are worth double their face value on certain items. Fortunately DOOM is one of them :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I actually have some money this time. What's everyone hoping for this time? I'm hoping for a decent discount on MGS V, Superhot (if it's not too early), TRON RUN/r and Distance.
Distance is great, you can't go wrong with that. I miss the dynamic soundtrack from Nitronic Rush, though.

For the 52 games challenge, if I beat one Mega Man game in the Legacy Collection, does that count as one or 1/6?

If a gaming experience is "self-contained", I usually go with +1.

Since the Mega Man games are standalone, I counted the 2 I beat last year as +1, not 2/6 of MMLC.

I know crt-easymode is probably the best Retroarch shader (due to very low GPU requirements vs how good it looks) but god damn...

Genjuro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom