• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

So like what program would you use to make CG scenes such as those? I've seen that style before and it's not from the same dev I don't think.

rtcn63

I just realized that "subterranean caves" is a euphemism for lady parts. I mean, just look at the cave opening fake-Arnold is walking into, his eyes lit up and his sword at full thunder.

Goddammit Steam. I disabled Steam Guard for ONE DAY and now I can't trade for 15 days because apparently I'm on a new computer or web browser, even though I'm not. Utter bullshit.

Ludens

Banned
Goddammit Steam. I disabled Steam Guard for ONE DAY and now I can't trade for 15 days because apparently I'm on a new computer or web browser, even though I'm not. Utter bullshit.

Why did you disable it?
Honestly there's no reason to do so, if you are using an authenticator, remove it and than reinstall it, there's no penalities.

Ozium

Oh this is the part of the pre-sale period in which everyone says "I'm not going to buy much/anything, the discounts will probably suck" before actually buying like 20+ games when the sale actually starts, huh?

kagamin

Oh this is the part of the pre-sale period in which everyone says "I'm not going to buy much/anything, the discounts will probably suck" before actually buying like 20+ games when the sale actually starts, huh?

The discounts will probably suck, I'm not buying anything.

Asgaro

I know hardware won't get deep discounts but... just imagine™ if the Vive were to get -75% off, true Summer Sale style...

So many delicious tears I would be eating.

Oh man, I actually have some money this time. What's everyone hoping for this time? I'm hoping for a decent discount on MGS V, Superhot (if it's not too early), TRON RUN/r and Distance.
I just want indie games. I doubt Doom will get a discount but I'll hold off till Quakecon because I feel it'll get a better (or same) discount there.

Maybe the following:
Final Fantasy IX
Deathsmiles
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge
Rocket League

Knurek

From Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD log file:

Code:
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreColorCorrection.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] 
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreMLAA.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreDepthOfField.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreGlow.fx.phyre
(...)
../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/menu/loading/D3D11/ld00.dds.phyre

Does it use PhyreEngine?

Naarmight

I just want indie games. I doubt Doom will get a discount but I'll hold off till Quakecon because I feel it'll get a better (or same) discount there.

Maybe the following:
Final Fantasy IX
Deathsmiles
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge
Rocket League

Rocket League is the early game in the Monthly Humble Bundle, sure the rest of the bundle is blind, but that discount makes it a pretty worth while punt.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD log file:

Code:
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreColorCorrection.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] 
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreMLAA.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreDepthOfField.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreGlow.fx.phyre
(...)
../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/menu/loading/D3D11/ld00.dds.phyre

Does it use PhyreEngine?

Even if it does, which it clearly does, that doesn't lend any credence to the "Blah blah Sony and FFX blah blah" theory. The engine has always been cross-platform -- inclusive of the X360.

"Inspired."

giphy.gif

I have been playing Monument Valley for couple of minutes as of late and it's really good and rather impressive in every way

Uraizen

Banned
was this hack&slash beat'emup was posted already? sorry if it was
reviews seem to say it's good

Reviews seem to say it's good because of boobs. Can't find a single review that breaks down the actual combat in depth other than "you can dodge!" Or "It's like mitsurugi kamui with less depth."

kagamin

Reviews seem to say it's good because of boobs. Can't find a single review that breaks down the actual combat in depth other than "you can dodge!" Or "It's like mitsurugi kamui with less depth."

Steam reviews aren't very reliable until you get people who bother to post a few paragraphs about a game.

Red Hood

Banned
Anyone else received a 75% coupon for Feist? I hate this, every time I get a random item I hope it's a booster pack or something, not a coupon for a game I have zero interest in.

edit: On second thought, it doesn't look too bad. I get a lot of Limbo vibes from it. But still not interested.

Oh man, I actually have some money this time. What's everyone hoping for this time? I'm hoping for a decent discount on MGS V, Superhot (if it's not too early), TRON RUN/r and Distance.

Axiom Verge, Concrete Jungle, Party Hard, Convoy, DarkMaus, Towerclimb, Undertale, FFVI (I know the port sucks, but I need to play it in a legit way one day) discounted by 75%.
DOTT, Stardew, Mega Man Legacy Collection discounted by 50%.

Realistically that's not going to happen.
I see 50% at most for the first ones, and 33% for the second ones.

data

Maybe the following:
Final Fantasy IX
Deathsmiles
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge
Rocket League

You can get Deathsmiles for less than half price on Nuuvem, no paypal lock. Just need a VPN. Same for Enter the Gungeon.

L.O.R.D

ok,false alarm
i thought my HDD is dying,but the laptop fan it self is making noise,it's like one of the blades is touching something
i dissembled the fan, can't even tell where the sound is coming from,it's tiny noise but it will get annoying if i am going to leave my laptop running for updates some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom