• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
was this hack&slash beat'emup was posted already? sorry if it was
reviews seem to say it's good
Yeah I think Tizoc has posted it already.

At first, the bird's eye view angle of the screenshots deceived me into thinking it was somewhat similar to Assault Android Cactus, but then I noticed that it was just a hack n' slasher and got really really sad.
I may or may not have cried a bit.

Yeah I think Tizoc has posted it already.

At first I thought it was somewhat similar to Assault Android Cactus, but then I noticed that it was just a hack n' slasher and got really really sad.
I may or may not have cried a bit.

The game isnt really good though. The whole game is just like those elevator scenes in hack and slash games. Over and over again.

The VR version was cool, because it shows what VR is capable of. Playing with small toys, watching them from above.

Parsnip

is the blitzball mini game actually fun? I ask because I remember when I was playing dissidia the main character in from that game had some blitzball related moves so I assumed he is like a a blitzball champ within the game world.

I like blitzball.
The music is cool too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Better start saving now...

x4f1Bex.png

June 23rd to July 4th. Given the previous somewhat lackluster "big" sales, I'm not really that excited. But there will probably be a few games on sale that I've been wanting to pick up.

gurm3n

Neo Member

June 23rd to July 4th. Given the previous somewhat lackluster "big" sales, I'm not really that excited. But there will probably be a few games on sale that I've been wanting to pick up.

Damn, that's a day before my birthday. I'm gonna have to improve my self-control.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've actually enjoyed the last few sales, BUT I have an interest in niche games and there are some wonderful and often overlooked hidden gems that pop up.

I'll be handling the Hidden Deals thread (which I'm thinking about renaming and tackling a bit different, since there's no longer daily deals), and I'm going to try and collect and link to people's individual recommendations for certain games people post in that thread, so if a game you love ends up being at its deepest discount (or applies due to other rules I put in place for the games), feel free to bring it up. I'm going to see if I can do something to bring more attention to some games that deserve it.

r3n4ud

Lands right on my wife's birthday

I shall buy games in honour of her birthday

gabbo

Yep, that's how I feel too.
Likely on the competing summer sales though, since Steam is getting less and less use now from me as a game client/store front

gabbo

I've actually enjoyed the last few sales, BUT I have an interest in niche games and there are some wonderful and often overlooked hidden gems that pop up.

I'll be handling the Hidden Deals thread (which I'm thinking about renaming and tackling a bit different, since there's no longer daily deals), and I'm going to try and collect and link to people's individual recommendations for certain games people post in that thread, so if a game you love ends up being at its deepest discount (or applies due to other rules I put in place for the games), feel free to bring it up. I'm going to see if I can do something to bring more attention to some games that deserve it.

You and Toma should combine forces for an Indie/Hidden Deals thread to rival all others.

ExoSoul

Banned
is the blitzball mini game actually fun? I ask because I remember when I was playing dissidia the main character in from that game had some blitzball related moves so I assumed he is like a a blitzball champ within the game world.

On my first playthrough I ignored it because "eh, minigames..." and I didn't understand it that well on the mandatory game.

On the second playthrough I entered tournament after tournament, didn't even know they were required for Waka's stuff. It's a lot of fun if you know what you're doing.
Plus it adds another dimension to general npcs.

Phawx

Agreed. The only thing I look forward too are the random price mistakes that sometimes happen. Also every now and again some game gets a bigger discount during the event.

rtcn63

Went CDkeys and joined the Doom wagon... once the 54GB downloads. With this and the Uncharted Collection, I've killed my gaming budget for the next few months.

I share your sentiment, Not very hopeful to see good discounts on stuff I want.

Endruen

Getting a serious monument valley vibe from it.
Actually after looking at the screenshots it's not even trying to hide how much of a rip-off it is.

"Inspired."

The assets look like they have been borrowed from Monument Valley. This is a total rip-off.

The only game I'm really looking to get during the sale is The Witness...but odds are it'll only get the same discount it had a few weeks ago so I'd just hold off until down the road more

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only game I'm really looking to get during the sale is The Witness...but odds are it'll only get the same discount it had a few weeks ago so I'd just hold off until down the road more

I think that's the same disconnect I have. There hasn't been a whole lot that's come out since the last big sale, and even the stuff that has come out since then is not likely to get a huge discount. Day of the Tentacle remake, XCOM 2, The Witness, Stardew Valley, Firewatch, Shadow Complex... all of this stuff seems "too new" to see any significant discounts.

mp1990

Banned
I think that's the same disconnect I have. There hasn't been a whole lot that's come out since the last big sale, and even the stuff that has come out since then is not likely to get a huge discount. Day of the Tentacle remake, XCOM 2, The Witness, Stardew Valley, Firewatch, Shadow Complex... all of this stuff seems "too new" to see any significant discounts.
Just for curiosity, how much of a discount do you guys consider significant? I think if those titles received a 30-40% discount I'd grab them almost instantly.

Just for curiosity, how much of a discount do you guys consider significant? I think if those titles received a 30-40% discount I'd grab them almost instantly.

75% like when the games still had daily sales.

I mean that was the "norm" in the early sales. Nowadays it seems even games that are out for 1 year "just" get 50%,

jshackles

Well, a few years ago we often saw stuff like this get a 50% (or more discount) during the Summer Sale. I'd be happy to see a 33%-40% discount for the above mentioned games, but even that seems implausible. If I had to guess, I'd say we see a 10%-15% discount on most of that stuff, with the exception of Firewatch which will probably just match it's current sale price of 30%.

r3n4ud

Well, a few years ago we often saw stuff like this get a 50% (or more discount) during the Summer Sale. I'd be happy to see a 33%-40% discount for the above mentioned games, but even that seems implausible. If I had to guess, I'd say we see a 10%-15% discount on most of that stuff, with the exception of Firewatch which will probably just match it's current sale price of 30%.
Well now, aren't you a debbie downer

I agree with you though :(

This is art.

Of course it is. It involves someone named Ragnar... which is very similar to our very own Rhaknar.

I have very bad news to you...
summer sale starts next month

Steam sales have been lackluster for me even before the removal of daily deals. And even more so afterwards. I'm sure there will be a few things I pick up if the discounts are right, but without significant discounts and without the proximity to Christmas, odds are that my wallet will be pretty much unaffected by the sale.

50% or more at the very least. For titles I am not immediately interested in, that goes up to 66% or 75%. For the games listed by JShackles, most would fall in the 66%+ category.

jshackles

Well now, aren't you a debbie downer

I agree with you though :(

There will probably be some outliers though, for example we might see a higher than expected discount on Street Fighter V considering it's getting it's story mode added sometime next month(?) and it's solidly mixed reviews. If I had to pick one game that came out this year that needs to discount really aggressively during the sale, it'd be that one.

Of course without Daily Deals and Capcom being Capcom, that might just be wishful thinking.

impact

Banned

10 bucks or near it for games that came out within the last 1.5 years, 5 bucks otherwise

I swear if I was wealthy I wouldn't be this cheap, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom