• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthuk

Playing Doom II with gzdoom and having a blast. People with no money should try this one and the original out until the new one goes on a sale some months from now.
Also just finished the first level in Freedom Planet (thanks IcedLizardGames for giving it away) and it's surprisingly fun. Though fullscreen might make me a bit dizzy which is weird.
I'm also playing Bioshock Infinite, Renowned Explorers and Human Resource Machine. Positive impressions on all of those, pretty early though.
These should keep me until overwatch releases. Oh who am I kidding they'll all stay unfinished

Blizzard

Banned
I hope the latest deals weren't important:

updatecmktc.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, right, I'd forgotten about the rabbit.

kingofseaandsand44qed.png

He's not Black Phillip, though, so he's in "town" for "one show only".

Edit: Oops, wrong button. Hold your goats.

Uraizen

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-D8D32CAD769E7DA6 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 6 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-C1C1F74C6151D76F - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.
BloodRayne 2 -- MB-BDDB353B4F3603E7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 7 entrants total.
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-06787659E4562B09 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 9 entrants total.
BloodRayne -- MB-E97CB97AC3811615 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche -- MB-4F0B63586B8DEB51 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.

t1463449958z1.png

A little unsure about avalanche 2, but all should be good. Indiegala warning about using keys ASAP and all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I really wish I hadn't accidentally clicked "Submit reply". This may take a while.

Uraizen

Banned
If people bother enough to put their opinion and explain themselves and why they like or dislike the game then they're reliable in my mind, you're asking for something very specific here and you'll have to realize that not everyone can cater like that, if you wanna be the savior of action games reviews you'll have to do it yourself. :p

It's like wanting an opinion from you on a rhythm game. You want somebody who knows the genre to review it ... without spending the money on it yourself.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's like wanting an opinion from you on a rhythm game. You want somebody who knows the genre to review it ... without spending the money on it yourself.

Hmmm I accept you gifting me the game strictly for reviewing purposes.

Corpekata

Banned
Steam reviews of games slathered with anime are not to be trusted unless you're the type to buy nearly every one of them that comes out. Which, to be fair, probably describes a few regulars here too.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam reviews of games slathered with anime are not to be trusted unless you're the type to buy nearly every one of them that comes out. Which, to be fair, probably describes a few regulars here too.

Does that just apply to Steam games, though?

Corpekata

Banned
What? I'm confused.

The poster was talking about an animu bait game that got a bunch of reviews that are positive that barely talk about the gameplay. It's a fanbase that's easily pleased and vocal, and so unless you belong to that fanbase already, the reviews are generally heavily skewed.

kagamin

The poster was talking about an animu bait game that got a bunch of reviews that are positive that barely talk about the gameplay. It's a fanbase that's easily pleased and vocal, and so unless you belong to that fanbase already, the reviews are generally heavily skewed.

Oh OK, I was getting more confused by your wording but it looks like you fixed it. I personally don't really review games because I don't really go far beyond either liking or disliking a game, though I must say I've yet to play a game I dislike... which kinda skews things to be honest.

Corpekata

Banned
1 day until you are crocodile chowder Kata

1 more day till you have to spend 17.99 on Steam you mean.

Also by looking at the forums for the game it appears Dishwasher and Charlie Murder ports are getting outsourced instead of them doing them themselves (which is why they were taking so long) so those will probably be this year too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that the confirmed price? I will add mutant piranhas to the pool if you are lying again

kagamin

I'd rather buy a game on the merit of the gameplay being good than buy it just because I'm supporting the games I want on Steam.

Ozium

where does this hype for salt and sanctuary come from anyways?

rhaknar's hype (since that's the only hype I've seen)

also what is Dishwasher and who is Charlie Murder?

da fuq

Phawx

da fuq

Dishwasher was the first game made by James Silva and was featured by MS for winning the Dream Build Play competition in like 2009ish.

The winner got some swag as well as putting the game on XBLA proper.

He also made Charlie Murder and Salt and Sanctuary. He is a one man dev. So he does all of the coding and assets for the game.

Edit: I think the pricing on the GTX1080 took out all of the excitement I had for the card. Unless it can Overclock like a madman, I don't think I'm going to drop the money on it. It actually looks like an Overclocked 980Ti might come close to a 1080 stock anyhow. And it seems pretty easy to get 980Ti's for $400~ on eBay.

Surprisingly, it seems like I can sell my 290 for ~$200ish which is kind of insane because I bought it used for $230 almost two years ago. But even spending $200 more for 30-40% improvement doesn't seem like it's worth it.

I need a new GPU so damn bad. I'm gonna have to wait for HBM2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

da fuq

The giantbomb quicklook. The official thread. The reviews. My eyes?

Corpekata

Banned

da fuq

Good reviews? The world exists outside of Steam and it's fairly popular with many people playing it on PS4.

Dishwasher and Charlie Murder are their older games that have had PC ports in the works for like 20 years now, and are also fairly well reviewed games.

Anno

Welp, time to hold off buying all new games in order to funnel all game money into the new Dota compendium. Someone has to support the struggling esportman out there with you all only buying anime.

Ozium

Good reviews? The world exists outside of Steam and it's fairly popular with many people playing it on PS4.

Dishwasher and Charlie Murder are their older games that have had PC ports in the works for like 20 years now, and are also fairly well reviewed games.

well something being popular on ps4 isn't that much of an accomplishment, these are people that champion 2 year old PC ports as "great new content"

hell, The Order: 1886 and Knack were "fairly popular with many people playing it on PS4"

I was just wondering why only Rhaknar seems hyped for it

kagamin

well something being popular on ps4 isn't that much of an accomplishment, these are people that champion 2 year old PC ports as "great new content"

hell, The Order: 1886 and Knack were "fairly popular with many people playing it on PS4"

I was just wondering why only Rhaknar seems hyped for it

Well for example I'm the only person here markedly hype for God Eater on Steam, its a good game series but its not coming out for a while, let us be excited for things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom