• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
alright got it, it was showing as 95gigs on the programs and features things cos the mod tools are actually 95gigs

the actual game is only 35 (i deleted it to check)

still excessively huge mod tools but i guess that's alright

all's forgiven firaxis

kagamin

Well it's my birthday now. YAY!

YAY!

tumblr_ne5agufhDk1twn3nro1_500.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shadwen (Frozenbyte's new game) is out tomorrow and there is zero hype for it

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Itch.io is trying to fix Early Access-style development with their new Refinery platform. Basically, Steam-like Early Access, but more flexible, encouraging direct feedback from the players.

Valve pls

They don't really go into hard details about why their system would be a vast improvement, though. I suppose having different levels of availability is something, but that could probably be done with Steam currently, having free weekends that the developer uses as a beta period.

Plus, as a consumer, itch.io doesn't give you access to refunds so it's an even bigger gamble.

Genji can reflect Hanzo's ult. And in the game.
They don't really go into hard details about why their system would be a vast improvement, though. I suppose having different levels of availability is something, but that could probably be done with Steam currently, having free weekends that the developer uses as a beta period.

Plus, as a consumer, itch.io doesn't give you access to refunds so it's an even bigger gamble.
It seems like a more honest early access, where players are little different from beta testers, complete with ground-level access to new builds. I don't think it'd work well for all of Steam, but for some of its just-barely-a-game Early Access releases, this would be a great fit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just added some of dat Mei art to my phone's wallpapers.

iqgdezdlyhxry.gif

Edit: who wants to be a dear and photoshop me a avatar out of this aswell?

Dw2mKh7.jpg

where does this hype for salt and sanctuary come from anyways?

rhaknar's hype (since that's the only hype I've seen)

also what is Dishwasher and who is Charlie Murder?

da fuq
Dishwasher were a series of XBLA brawlers with slick stylish combat and a unique art style. Silva has a knack for solid satisfying combat. They had quite a following and garnered a nice bit of acclaim when they released

From what I've seen, S&S combines that with a grim Souls-esque atmosphere

Ozium

no lol

but seriously fuck Mei.. the biggest issue I have with her is that you can be fighting her and she just turns into a block of ice and sits there.. and it wouldn't be so bad if she just froze herself for defense purposes but no she heals herself too..

so she is protected from being hit and gets a free heal... it's fucking stupid as shit

other characters that can heal are still vulnerable while doing so.

Mei a shit

no lol

but seriously fuck Mei.. the biggest issue I have with her is that you can be fighting her and she just turns into a block of ice and sits there.. and it wouldn't be so bad if she just froze herself for defense purposes but no she heals herself too..

so she is protected from being hit and gets a free heal... it's fucking stupid as shit

other characters that can heal are still vulnerable while doing so.

Mei a shit
You need characters with burst damage, McCree, Widowmaker, Hanzo...or just Bastion with left-click.

Ozium

You need characters with burst damage, McCree, Widowmaker, Hanzo...or just Bastion with left-click.

bastion is the worst hero in the game, there's no reason to play him

how does burst damage prevent her from hitting a button to shield and heal herself for up to like 8 seconds?

Rhaknar

Mei is a sitting duck after freezing herself, everytime one did that she just died in 2 seconds when she came out of the ice

bastion is the worst hero in the game, there's no reason to play him

how does burst damage prevent her from hitting a button to shield and heal herself for up to like 8 seconds?
To kill her before she reacts or when her skill is still in cool down, it's only 200 health.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I was playing Mei on Temple of Anubis, defense on the last point. She's really, really good at locking down that point what with the ice walls and the choke points. I was doing well. They snipe in, I throw up the wall. They walk in, I throw up the wall behind them and freeze them. They come in together, hey look my ultimate is ready and so is another ice wall. I take damage? I freeze myself. I get chained? I freeze myself. Hanzo's ultimate coming in? I freeze myself.

I got called eskimo cancer. By a team mate.

zkylon

zkylewd
Y'all will warm up to Mei. Just you wait.
mei's cool, she's critical to the game balance so even if she's annoying she's got a right to exist lol

I suspect the star space foxes are second only to humans in popularity. Everybody loves them!
well they're cute looking and everyone else is like a bug or something

the idea of my race is that it breeds a lot and likes other species so plan is to go colonize everywhere and have crazy crossbred alien babies everywhere

interstellar zkylon kingdom

i love the sound of that

Ozium

To kill her before she reacts or when her skill is still in cool down, it's only 200 health.

there's no way to know that her skill is in cooldown or not

Mei is a sitting duck after freezing herself, everytime one did that she just died in 2 seconds when she came out of the ice

if she is alone, sure... however there are usually teammates around you have to deal with you can't just focus on her..

also why is she a short range player w/ a sniping weapon? ridiculously OP character they need to fix

everyone whines about bastion but the real problem is mei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom