• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont usually like to pull out the "get gud" card but... you know...

...L2P

Corpekata

Banned
Stellaris is clicking with me a bit more now that I'm playing it at 1080p. Game just doesn't scale well above it, the UI is too tiny and it's easy to get lost, especially for someone that doesn't play a lot of these style of games.

Making me want to replay Crusader Kings 2 which I kind of bounced off of, making me think that might have been one thing pushing me away.

Winston is the true hero of Overwatch. An ambush tank! It's so crazy that it works.
I was playing Mei on Temple of Anubis, defense on the last point. She's really, really good at locking down that point what with the ice walls and the choke points. I was doing well. They snipe in, I throw up the wall. They walk in, I throw up the wall behind them and freeze them. They come in together, hey look my ultimate is ready and so is another ice wall. I take damage? I freeze myself. I get chained? I freeze myself. Hanzo's ultimate coming in? I freeze myself.

I got called eskimo cancer. By a team mate.

This post doesn't deserve to be on the last page. So here!

I'm terrible with the ice walls... but at least I understood how sniper Mei works before the beta ended.
well they're cute looking and everyone else is like a bug or something

the idea of my race is that it breeds a lot and likes other species so plan is to go colonize everywhere and have crazy crossbred alien babies everywhere

interstellar zkylon kingdom

i love the sound of that
Stellaris did a really good job of portrait variety. Even in giant games it's unlikely you'll run into many repeats.
I've run into repeats in my medium-sized game...

And speaking of colonising everywhere, I went for max habitability to spread like locusts. It's something you'll want if you plan on colonising hostile climates, since habitability translates directly into max happiness. Below 60% will be troublesome. But yeah if you incorporate aliens you'll be fine.

Ozium

So you keep shooting, she's really not that hard to kill.

the point is you can't keep shooting her while she is in ice because usually there are other people shooting at you, should you just sit and be shot at? come on.. why does she get an invulnerable period in which to heal?

I dont usually like to pull out the "get gud" card but... you know...

...L2P

what will you say when they properly balance her?

Hektor

You spent 9 hours with the beta? Geez, how long did other people spend with the game here? For me 10 hours is on the high end of me playing MP. Like that is the entire life of that game in MP for me.

Only exceptions being Halo 2, Uncharted 2, and Gears of War 1. Halo 2 I just liked playing by myself, same with UC2. GoW1 me and my friends would play every night.

I think i know the reason.

You only play Bad MP games

I've spent like

2000 Hours on Dotes 2
350 Hours on CSGO
~200 hours on the other iterations of CS
~A few hundred hours on SC1+2+WC3
~1500 Hours on League
~1000 hours on Hearthstone
And otherwise 50 to 100 hours on this and that, like Killing Floor or Left4Dead

I'll agree with this

it's like how waifu is 100% 'normal' to this chat
guys
you can't actually use waifu to a random normal person or theyll look at you like youre weird

not saying the vast majority of you don't know this, but it is always interesting to note.

But Husbando is okay, right?

im totally gonna make an overwatch folder when it launches, league is plenty but not enough

Holy mother of god. I wonder how much of that is NSFW.

Ozium

I was playing Mei on Temple of Anubis, defense on the last point. She's really, really good at locking down that point what with the ice walls and the choke points. I was doing well. They snipe in, I throw up the wall. They walk in, I throw up the wall behind them and freeze them. They come in together, hey look my ultimate is ready and so is another ice wall. I take damage? I freeze myself. I get chained? I freeze myself. Hanzo's ultimate coming in? I freeze myself.

I got called eskimo cancer. By a team mate.

nah but she's perfectly fine and balanced everyone else just needs to 'learn to play'

also cool how she can turn into an ice crystal and shooting it doesn't even damage it or anything just free health and a 3rd person camera to look around to see where you should plop your ice wall the moment you get out

zkylon

zkylewd
i think mei should probably have a bit less range on her ult MAYBE, but whining so much about her is silly

its weird how zkylon likes good games some times
all the games i like are good

Winston is the true hero of Overwatch. An ambush tank! It's so crazy that it works.
i don't like winston much but he sure is strong when used properly

not a big deal for me since i mostly play tracer and she doesn't deal with him much

Stellaris did a really good job of portrait variety. Even in giant games it's unlikely you'll run into many repeats.
I've run into repeats in my medium-sized game...

And speaking of colonising everywhere, I went for max habitability to spread like locusts. It's something you'll want if you plan on colonising hostile climates, since habitability translates directly into max happiness. Below 60% will be troublesome. But yeah if you incorporate aliens you'll be fine.
yeah the easy to adapt trait is one i thought about choosing but i went with charismatic but now that you mention it, i might go back and start with that

i like the idea of my race just breeding incontrolably lol

Holy mother of god. I wonder how much of that is NSFW.
well, as much as league designs are nsfw

plus a couple of noodies

but it's mostly innocent

sorta

I think you need to chill Ozium

:3
crazium is really that moba player

Soulflarz

Banned
awh crap AA6 dlc with butz!

lK0DSVP.jpg

since you know no one's talkin about steam games

BUTZ YEAH

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
nah but she's perfectly fine and balanced everyone else just needs to 'learn to play'

also cool how she can turn into an ice crystal and shooting it doesn't even damage it or anything just free health and a 3rd person camera to look around to see where you should plop your ice wall the moment you get out

To be fair, the other team was not playing well and refused to change up to counter me and the rest of the team. The correct hero choices there would have been Pharah and taking me out from above. Having two snipers and only Reinhardt and Mercy walking in was not the correct play. Junkrat would have been helpful too. Genji and Reaper going up the right side.

They didn't try any of those for a good six minutes.

Ozium

To be fair, the other team was not playing well and refused to change up to counter me and the rest of the team. The correct hero choices there would have been Pharah and taking me out from above. Having two snipers and only Reinhardt and Mercy walking in was not the correct play. Junkrat would have been helpful too. Genji and Reaper going up the right side.

They didn't try any of those for a good six minutes.

them being bad doesn't negate the fact that Mei has tons of ability and no real weakness, jack of all trades, master of all...

it's shit

she's shit

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
them being bad doesn't negate the fact that Mei has tons of ability and no real weakness, jack of all trades, master of all...

it's shit

she's shit

Would you say she's eskimo cancer?

yeah the easy to adapt trait is one i thought about choosing but i went with charismatic but now that you mention it, i might go back and start with that

i like the idea of my race just breeding incontrolably lol
Charismatic is a powerful trait if you're running a multicultural empire, which will also let you colonise a lot. It could work out very well for you.

One day I'll put the Ferengi into Stellaris and let the galaxy suffer the consequences. A repugnant nomadic race is the ultimate plague.

it's shit

she's shit

Mei is an incredible asset to powerful teams, yeah. That's kinda what supports exist for. Or defense. Whatever it was that she is.

Servizio

Oh, McCree is good for taking her out up close too. Roll > Stun Nade > Fan the Hammer. Dead Mei in under two seconds.

Junkrats death nades can also work to mess up her Freeze > Ice Spike To The Face combo too.

Man, I could go for some more Overwatch right about now.

Ozium

I don't think you guys understand. My issue isn't that I can't kill her.

It's that she's annoying as fuck and the fact she has no disadvantages compared to other heroes is bullshit. Every one of her abilities is basically built to annoy people.

fuck nerfing her. remove her from the game

edit: by no disadvantages I mean that the ratio of advantages to disadvantages on that character is out of whack and skewed more than the other heroes

Corpekata

Banned
Salt and Sanctuary is actually listed on the New Releases, though not purchaseable (yet). So I guess they flagged it for release at midnight.

Why would you murder Wolfenstein man, Granjinha? That's evil.
I don't think you guys understand. My issue isn't that I can't kill her.

It's that she's annoying as fuck and the fact she has no disadvantages compared to other heroes is bullshit. Every one of her abilities is basically built to annoy people.

fuck nerfing her. remove her from the game

edit: by no disadvantages I mean that the ratio of advantages to disadvantages on that character is out of whack and skewed more than the other heroes

I'm pretty sure you're describing Tracer, not Mei. Luv.

But seriously, Mei has terrible range, long cooldowns, and is largely reliant on others when cornered. Her best chance when facing two people is to literally play dead for a few seconds and pray that allies come to her aid. While her abilities are designed around controlling situations so that she isn't cornered like that, she doesn't always have a choice in the matter.

Do defeat her, don't let the cavalry arrive. Otherwise you have a snowball's chance in hell at burying her. Or, y'know, don't run after alone to begin with.

No one is unbeatable in Overwatch. Not even Widowmaker.

Ludens

Banned
I bought Last Crown: Midnight Horror.
The game has no resolution options.
You can run it on 16:9 (but it crops my screen) or 4:3 (but it only runs windowed).
I played the old Last Crown with no problem on this same PC, this one also uses Wintermute but I can't play it.

Deques

Did someone mention it?

FFX/X-2 Remastered has reached over 100k owners on it's fourth day in Steam
FFIX reached over 100k on it's fifth day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Salt and Sanctuary is actually listed on the New Releases, though not purchaseable (yet). So I guess they flagged it for release at midnight.

I was just going to say it doesnt show up as coming soon on the 17th anymore and was fearing the worse

edit: its back in the may 17th group

Ozium

It just looks like Persona: Dancing All Night, to me.

There's a second-long delay on each shot. It is excellent for executing frozen people, but very bad as a sniper rifle.

She has terrible range.

git gud with it then, she can headshot characters from medium range and 2 shot them from long range

have you even played as her?

kagamin

Honestly Project Diva just has superior gameplay to P4DAN, its more varied and has better difficulty once you get good enough, it always feels so satisfying to get a song's chance time down the first time you manage it on Extreme.

Corpekata

Banned
Dancing All Night is one of the worst rhythm games of the past few years. So many songs where the notes barely make any sense (and frequently no sense at all) with the rhythm.

kagamin

Dancing All Night is one of the worst rhythm games of the past few years. So many songs where the notes barely make any sense with the rhythm.

The Project Diva series is the most consistently good console rhythm game nowadays, fantastic difficulty, amazing music, colorful and varied graphics, what more can I ask for? ;)

DAN info is a bummer. I need some more Persona stuff to play once I get through P3P.
git gud with it then, she can headshot characters from medium range and 2 shot them from long range

have you even played as her?
Of course.

But if we're working under the assumption that players have expert-level accuracy, Windowmaker (I keep typing this so I'm just going to roll with it) would annihilate her effortlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom