• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I think i know the reason.

You only play Bad MP games

I've spent like

2000 Hours on Dotes 2
350 Hours on CSGO
~200 hours on the other iterations of CS
~A few hundred hours on SC1+2+WC3
~1500 Hours on League
~1000 hours on Hearthstone
And otherwise 50 to 100 hours on this and that, like Killing Floor or Left4Dead

But Husbando is okay, right?

Holy mother of god. I wonder how much of that is NSFW.

The only game there I can say is like to attempt playing is CSGO. But I just play with bots.

Deques

I know, right
welcome to the club of people playing great games

there are dozens of us.gif

In speaking of playing great games, I was going to start a new game yesterday. But I had difficulties. I had no idea what great game to play. All those games were hidden in my huge library. Finding one good game to play wasn't easy since my huge library were filled with mostly crappy bundle games, which I so regret to buy.

My partial solution to this problem is that I am going to start sorting out all the crappy games by hiding them.
In the meantime, what game should I start play? Any suggestion?

Arthea

In speaking of playing great games, I was going to start a new game yesterday. But I had difficulties. I had no idea what great game to play. All those games were hidden in my huge library. Finding one good game to play wasn't easy since my huge library were filled with mostly crappy bundle games, which I so regret to buy.

My partial solution to this problem is that I am going to start sorting out all the crappy games by hiding them.

Trails of course!
or do you mean a short game?

A new DBZ game is being announced in, like, 24 hours.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2?
PL4v3.gif

Stardew Valley is your only real choice.

NinjaEdit: Oh, that'll be too long. How about One Way Heroics? Play as long as you like and bask in its glory.

r3n4ud

So, Homefront The Revolution sounds, at best, like an interesting failure. I still kind of want to play it though, especially after reading the RPS review. I can always give a game slack for being ambitious.

I guess the best thing about the reviews is that it's gonna get real cheap, real soon.
I'm really excited to play later today. I pretty much like any game I play, really not picky.

I really liked the first game and will enjoy this one as well.

-MD-

You spent 9 hours with the beta? Geez, how long did other people spend with the game here? For me 10 hours is on the high end of me playing MP. Like that is the entire life of that game in MP for me.

35 hours during beta week for me, probably would've been more too since my group bailed a couple times.

Arthea

A semi short game would suffice. Like a 10-20 hours game. I have played too many short games lately, so many that I am quite ahead the 52 games challenge.

first ones that come to mind, you probably have played all

One Finger Death Punch
Transistor (longer than 20 somewhat)
Bastion
Mark of the Ninja
Eternal Senia
Contradiction
any Hexcells game
LYNE
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Phantom breaker
The Room
Metal Slug game (you probably have all)

edited: forgot to add Crimzon Clover
edit2: oh yeah, Long live the Queen is 30-ish hours too
edit3: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Kart racing hierarchy:

Sonic------------------>Garfield------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Hello Kitty.

Nice little "runner" game.

A little hard to explain but you are a block that can expand and contract horizontally with the left mouse button click and drag and jump between two levels vertically with the right mouse button, that's it. It can be a bit like rubbing you stomach and patting your head at times! You navigate an endless maze of varying wall widths collecting blocks to increase your score multiplier. This actually presents two strategies: ignore the blocks and just get as far as you can with a slowly increasing multiplier or go for all the blocks but risk collisions with the walls and with 3 strikes you're out.

The game seems to have very little presence, the first time I tried I bombed out almost immediately and was still just over 200 in the world. It deserves a lot more attention, I know I'll be playing more of it.

Deques

first ones that come to mind, you probably have played all

One Finger Death Punch - I should finish it
Transistor (longer than 20 somewhat) - Don't have it
Bastion - 100% it
Mark of the Ninja - Beat it, but haven't played the dlc yet
Eternal Senia
Contradiction
any Hexcells game - played the two first games
LYNE - finished ut
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - I should finish it
Phantom breaker - Already beaten the game
The Room - Not sure if I have i t
Metal Slug game (you probably have all) - Yes I have all, I think

edited: forgot to add Crimzon Clover - I should 1cc the game
edit2: oh yeah, Long live the Queen is 30-ish hours too - way too long game :p

Lots of "I should finish game" comments >.<

Was interested in Homefront...but seeing how their Community Moderator is responding to reviews/performance issues makes me want to never give them a penny

https://www.homefront-game.com/forum/index.php?threads/framerate-fix.15164/

Most of the reviewers and web sites like IGN, Polygon are all bought and paid for. When a company like this can't shell out thousands for an 8/10 like Activision or EA people give it the shaft. I've been a industry moderator for over 15 years. This is nothing new to me.

@Framerate issues
If the frames are above 25 fps which they are, you should have no issue with the gameplay in itself. The game still operates as intended and the systems and mechanisms in the game still work.
&#8203;
@The Bugs
Whatever you encounter, ANYTHING, you must post here right away. In order for the QA/PR/FC/Dev team to correctly fix these issues, we need to know about them first. Be the trump of the gamer world. Make this game great again.
&#8203;
@Reviews
Whilst reviews are a decent basis to run with, tons of them are based on royalties. They recieve payments from other companies in exchange for slander and negative reviews. Some reviews are bought and paid for and some reviewers will negatively review while talking about a specific game in there post so it sways you to make a different purchase.

We love you as a community and want everybody to band together as a community

Thanks and I hope everybody has a wonderful day&#8203;

I've read your bits and want to clarify that most review website and reviewers are bought and paid for. Large companies like EA and Activision get 8/10 for every game. I've been in this industry 15 years and know it all to well. I've played shooters at 15FPS and still hit leaderboard ranks every time. It's no different then lagging due to crappy connections. The performance issues will be fixed though. All the stuff they're talking about is generalised in one category so they will be easily rectified.

Thanks for replying. I love a good heated conversation

Man reading those 1080 card reviews is making me want to swap my 980 but I'll wait for either revisions of the card or until the 1100s release.

:/

You know maybe I bet on the demos too much a few years ago. RE Revelations' premise is so good but, it has some gameplay issues, running out of ammo in this game seems worse than pre-RE4 games at times, SOMEHOW. I don't know, ill finish it uh, but man.

In other news, I have 16 GB RAM now, finally buying that other stick of RAM when I built this PC in 2013 because I accidentally bought 1 8 gig stick. If I have the money by the time non-reference GTX 1070s come out I might get one of those. I have an R9 270 and it's fine but, I know there is gonna be some game eventually that will just hate me for not having at least a 4GB card.

Ban Puncher

Konami broke MGSV with the latest weekly server update.

Invading empty or low level FOBs now gives zero personal and a pittance of resources.

This is doubly funny because this weeks update includes a message apologising for a previous error and awarding people 100 MB funbux.

Lmao that post by that community manager.
Too good to be true, Has to be staged, right?

I don't know man. Some people are actually like that.

I want a Geforce 1080... but since I don't have a gaming PC, I should buy a new motherboard, CPU, RAM....

I should probably get other stuff by my processor is fine and I only need a new GPU. I have a 550w PSU but, I feel like I am pushing it.

-MD-

That Homefront Community Moderator said in another thread that The Division was completely unplayable on Day 1 because of a broken patch on release...so I guess the time I played on Day 1 with the patch applied was imaginary?

That Homefront Community Moderator said in another thread that The Division was completely unplayable on Day 1 because of a broken patch on release...so I guess the time I played on Day 1 with the patch applied was imaginary?

You were blinded by the Ubisoft logo, Shade.

You know nothing. NOTHING!

AHA-Lambda

Most of the reviewers and web sites like IGN, Polygon are all bought and paid for. When a company like this can't shell out thousands for an 8/10 like Activision or EA people give it the shaft.

Stopped reading right there, can fuck off with that attitude

Pushing it with what? 550W is good enough for 1080 SLI with room to spare. Don't believe the lies of PSU vendors or advice from people who can't read charts like these: http://www.computerbase.de/2016-05/geforce-gtx-1080-test/10/

Wh-what? Are you trying to trick me?

EDIT: Oh wait you are serious.
Wait that's from a real DBZ game? I thought it was something created in Gmod or something. Goddamnit.

Oh, nah that is from an actual game yeah lol.

talking about Metal Slug, how those MS clones turned out? gun something? I don't remember any talk about it.

I don't know which one you are talking about. Closest thing I can think of and that's Mercenary Kings and that is really different.

Enter the Gungeon is top down, so I don't think you mean that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom