• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
Deep Silver also owns the rights to Gothic, correct? Too bad they're not featured in the bundle. I've been meaning to try out Gothic 2 on the cheap.

Stall19

Man I was hoping Ultra Street Fighter 4 would be one of the add-ons. Should have just gotten it when it was on sale a few days ago.

The Sekai Project animu Point and click game is on Steam now:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/463460/

Knurek

Disappointing Midweeks.
Disappointing Daily.
Disappointing Humble additions.
Disappointing Humble bundle.
Disappointing 1080 benchmarks/price.

Pretty disappointing day... :\

GaussTek

Mhmm, I guess I won't be getting the Capcom bundle... I'm only missing Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition and Bionic Commando (and would probably only play DMC4 anyway) :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sacred 3 Gold -- MB-C58DE7B7C36B9345 - Taken by nightstorm. 10 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-17532B4D780728E9 - Taken by Jadax. 5 entrants total.

t1463510712z1.png

KingBroly

Banned
I want RE6 from that bundle, but I have everything else, unfortunately.

I'm still stuck in Episode 2 of King's Quest. I don't
want anyone to die
and I don't know how to progress

rtcn63

So Doom doesn't require you to redo an entire mission to keep the stuff picked up. You just need to hit a checkpoint.

And I want to reiterate that all the weapons have practically zero kick, including the rocket launcher. RE5's knife attack hsd more visceral feedback. It's not a dealbreaker for most, but anyways.

I only miss Sacred 3 (and Risen 3) so I wanted to get the 1$ tier, but the average is so low that I might as well buy the upper tier.

The additions to the Capcom bundle are kinda disappointing, even if I actually don't own any of them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So Doom doesn't require you to redo an entire mission to keep the stuff picked up. You just need to hit a checkpoint.

And I want to reiterate that all the weapons have practically zero kick, including the rocket launcher. RE5's knife attack hsd more visceral feedback. It's not a dealbreaker for most, but anyways.

Deal breaker? Deal maker! "Kick" isn't a thing people look for in id Software games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm happy with the bundles. Got Killer is Dead for 3.16$.

Rest of it, I'll probably just sell for 2$. Anyone interested? :p

Red Hood

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition -- MB-32DDB3B90AC383CC - Taken by Red Hood. 19 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-2DC4C6879CAF3072 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

t1463509838z1.png

Hmm, that's weird. When I try to redeem the Killer is Dead code, it gives me an error that the "purchase isn't available in my country". I'm from Western Europe, so maybe that's the problem, but the Humble page doesn't mention the keys being region locked...

killerisdeadq9uiz.png

It should be a deal breaker if they DID have recoil. It's Doom.

Vazduh

Last night I finished playing RE6 with my brother in co-op.

Honestly, even though I've played it back in 2013 and knew all the routes, I still thought that this game would never end. Although... even with it being cca. 5-6 hours too long and Ada's campaign was lacking compared to the other three (especially in co-op, Jesus, what a mess), and some missions were REALLY tedious (everything involving cars and shooting with gatling guns), I'd still rate it much above Resi 5, which wasn't as replayable second time. Weird.

Anyway, here's a lil' something for you guys.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Risen -- MB-77B32322E2789307 - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-6444CD64084636CC - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-0F20D1D1E19E7841 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-D52A30C800B1C7DD - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.

t1463511930z1.png

Ryne

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-8FBA036BCB1E1763 - Taken by Ludens
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-3476F3996F30F5C6 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Saints Row 2 -- MB-273C6826BC634026 - Taken by dot
Risen -- MB-3BDB8FE8F2CEE898 - Taken by Saty

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-A022000E544BD667 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-82FE0403DC5CE0E0 - Taken by hannes. 8 entrants total.
Sacred 3 Gold -- MB-435BB7FD7E5DB63C - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-FE2EB821C02E8F29 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 2 entrants total.
Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition -- MB-C9362F329F7DA130 - Taken by dot. 7 entrants total.

t1463512554z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Risen -- MB-6E9116DFEF647B48 - Taken by Red Hood. 3 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-5055BD4BEAFBA02B - Taken by Endruen. 10 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package -- MB-0D94F4CE7330EE06 - Taken by kagamin. 2 entrants total.
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-20922A9D5B23B362 - Taken by pantsattack. 3 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-4A63CFE698E73FF2 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 3 entrants total.
Sacred 3 Gold -- MB-DA9FA14458E62DEB - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1463512894z1.png

Grief.exe

Only thing worth noting is the ram is regular GDDR5 and most likely the Founders Editions will be the only ones to be obtained for a bit, so $450 during launch period.

Edit: it's worth noting that Polaris10 will probably be out around the time the 1070 comes out and might have comparable perf for less money.

Well as far as I looked: EVGA, Gigabyte, Zotac, Asus, MSI All of them only list FE cards

I agree, if everything available is $700, then by the time you wait for the price drop you might as well wait for HBM2.

Plus the 1080 ti is going to be a huge die size, so 10-12 billion transistors is a distinct possibility.

chronomac

An extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bionic Commando -- MB-393B69D506CF5C65 - Taken by Ludens. 13 entrants total.

t1463513181z1.png

data

Way of the Samurai 4 on PC is so weird. if you alt tab at any time it will crash, but it supports alt + enter windowed mode flawlessly.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0DD077C72E575089 - Taken by mp1990

dot

Hmm, that's weird. When I try to redeem the Killer is Dead code, it gives me an error that the "purchase isn't available in my country". I'm from Western Europe, so maybe that's the problem, but the Humble page doesn't mention the keys being region locked...

killerisdeadq9uiz.png

Same thing happened to me when trying to redeem Riptide. :(

I'm in the US though. I don't understand...

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Devils Share -- MB-63A052F52BDBC1D4 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
The Deer -- MB-9D84C40DA2993188 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.

t1463514299z1.png

Won two games, I'm giving back two too to maintain the karma.

Tomasety

Same thing happened to me when trying to redeem Riptide. :(

I'm in the US though. I don't understand...

As people have already said Deep Silver is very aggresive with region locks.

A couple of months back, Deep Silver among other big pubs created new subs for their games. These new subs had EU locks, which means if you buy the game in EU it won't be activated outside EU.

Sacred 3 Gold is an exception though. Haven't checked the rest of the bundle.

Jadax

Anyone recommend some good classical music?

I know the usual, but I haven't listened to all of them - would like see if I've missed any good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom