• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

everything was deja vu
HB post

I just spent about an hour trying to make Ace of Words work (it left EA recently) with no luck whatsoever. How people even play it? is beyond me, such a bloody mess.
Uninstalled, I mourn one hour of my life
EA was a mistake

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Asgaro

vSgSnS7.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay so I took a stab at a really simple feature - counting the number of items in a trade window. Here's how it came out.

Eventually this will also have the total of the item's value, which will also be color-coordinated. I'm not really big on the whole "trading scene", especially after the mobile authenticator requirements, but I think I can put a few features together that people will find useful.

Arthea

Same thing happened to me when trying to redeem Riptide. :(

I'm in the US though. I don't understand...

Deep Silver were masters of locking even before everybody got onto that train
For example they had EU specific SR4 collection not redeemable in US.
Don't ask me how they do this, it has to be magic

Okay so I took a stab at a really simple feature - counting the number of items in a trade window. Here's how it came out.

Eventually this will also have the total of the item's value, which will also be color-coordinated. I'm not really big on the whole "trading scene", especially after the mobile authenticator requirements, but I think I can put a few features together that people will find useful.

hype!
thanks a whole bunch for doing this

voodooray

I still trade TF2 stuff, so this will be useful when there are rows/pages of refined/keys. Nice!

I've stopped using steam inventory helper until it becomes clearer if the change in its ownership will introduce any undesirable changes. Think you'll be adding any other enhancements in this area?

Salsa

u7FCUF0.gif

first of all how dare u

Nzyme32

Jesus Fuck. This GTX 560 I have from eBay as a temp graphics card sounds loud as fuck. And to think I made such a brilliant quiet ITX machine without it in there...

Sega EU have been great. Really hope they have something up their sleeves for Summer in terms of addressing the need of more (excellent) Sega games on PC

rtcn63

I enjoyed my time with Dead Island, more so than Borderlands 1.

Dead Island, as super cheap and technologically borked it was, (remember when the game would corrupt saves on every platform, and it didn't get "fixed" until the GOTY edition?) was good in a loot-sense. Getting recipes, crafting weapons. I pretty much stuck to katana's late-game. They broke easily, but cut through everything like butter.

And I like how the blade user's special move is utterly useless. She gets a super powered knife that will get you killed before you can hit anything worth hitting.

Parsnip

Sega EU have been great. Really hope they have something up their sleeves for Summer in terms of addressing the need of more (excellent) Sega games on PC

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega showed up on the PC Gaming Show this year with Dawn of War 3 and something else.

Salsa

I liked Dead Island when it had unexplicable stuttering when playing on a keyboard that made you have to edit some shitty windows-level config or play with a controller

good stuff

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Journey to the center of earth -- MB-A725C49F86909A2A - Taken by Lashley

Enjoy some literature.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've stopped using steam inventory helper until it becomes clearer if the change in its ownership will introduce any undesirable changes. Think you'll be adding any other enhancements in this area?

Yes this is definitely an area I'm interested in expanding into. Hopefully the community here and elsewhere can answer any questions I have / generally help out with some things and provide feedback because I feel a bit out of my depth when it comes to trading and I'm not sure what features exactly people are expecting. Everyone here's always done a great job of that, so just keep doing what you're doing.

first of all how dare u

u know u want it

Pakkidis

I dont' suppose there is any way you can bypass the mobile authenticator ?

Ruruja

Spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Saints Row 2 -- MB-2C4F528B38E46470 - Taken by gurm3n
Risen -- MB-FBAD48C39B284AA6 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

jshackles

I dont' suppose there is any way you can bypass the mobile authenticator ?

Sure. Disable it from your account and wait 15 days for each item to sell. Otherwise I can't really help in that regard, as it's all done server-side. I think there are some desktop-based authenticator programs that can auto-confirm market listings/trades, but I can't really vouch for their validity nor do I use them personally.

Salsa

reached Dark Souls III point where I look at it on my grid and just dont launch it for some reason

I think I played a lot of co-op with a bud and advanced and now going back alone and threading back for stuff I probably missed is kinda tedious

ehh ohh hahhhahsuhhhghhghhh idk i'll finish Wolfenstein

*launches rocket league*

I am guessing if you buy frequently from G2A the money saved by not getting the "insurance" is still more than the money lost from having to reacquire revoked games.

Tizoc

SEGA EU being quiet sounds like them working under the most strict of NDA, sorta like how Ninty is hush hush about the NX.
At least that's what I believe :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom