• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I really didnt want to want a new card

I wanted to move this year, I wanted to just play Rocket League

but fuckin Doom looking good, Dishonored 2 coming

1080 is looking actually good

I guess i'll try to grab one if I make my US travel this year

Phawx

I am guessing if you buy frequently from G2A the money saved by not getting the "insurance" is still more than the money lost from having to reacquire revoked games.

Haha, wtf, there is an option to buy insurance?!

I mean, if you ever need a bigger reason to hit the abort key

Salsa

btw im staying with a bunch of you and drunk thread ppl when I go to the US for the first time salsa travels 2016 you been warned

if you dont want me there you better start playing overwatch right now

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
getting a lot of random DOOM crashes today for some reason

Has D00M improved any bit for AMD users? (with either patches / drivers) It's pretty much the only thing preventing me from buying at this stage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol dying on the first S&S boss >_<

edit: oops didnt notice I have "estus flasks" lol

Salsa

I dont even want them to go back to horror either

go batshit

gimme a button to do a somersault 360 while shooting

fuck the haters

Adnor

Banned
I've never played a Resident Evil game (I don't like horror games) but I kinda want to try 6 because of those ridiculous gifs of the super serious soldiers playing.

Ludens

Banned
I was a Silent Hill lover but when Konami killed the franchise after SH4, I needed to redirect my survival horror love elsewhere and the only valid entry was Resident Evil.
Not that I hated it or whatever, but I always liked psychological horror more compared to the splatterish one of RE.
I like stories of sick character living the hell on earth because they did something terribly wrong.

kagamin

I've never played a Resident Evil game (I don't like horror games) but I kinda want to try 6 because of those ridiculous gifs of the super serious soldiers playing.

tumblr_inline_nqx8h9So8Z1rj4lg1_500.gif

Salsa

there's plenty of good horror games out there and indie games specially nailed aspects of what AAA games tried for years, and better

Resident Evil going back to "oh zombies are slow and find the typewriter" would be super derivative and weird to me. We already got REmakes too.

RE is binary domain now and im cool

btw im staying with a bunch of you and drunk thread ppl when I go to the US for the first time salsa travels 2016 you been warned

if you dont want me there you better start playing overwatch right now

I'll make sure to put up anime posters throughout my whole place.

Salsa

I need to pick up RE:velations 2 as well. I was excited to grab it and Nuuvem suddenly just fucking de-listed it and it never went on sale anymore.

wanted to grab REmake from them also but they suddenly stopped having Capcom stuff on sale

Ludens

Banned
there's a ton of good horror games out there

Resident Evil going back to "oh zombies are slow and find the typewriter" would be super derivative and weird to me. We already got REmakes too.

RE is binary domain now and im cool

BOW are not only zombies, and if Capcom does it right, you can still create a great survival horror with RE.
Evil Within did it right, but they screwed up with the plot, in my opinion, wasn't scary at all, but the game was great.

Salsa

BOW are not only zombies, and if Capcom does it right, you can still create a great survival horror with RE.
Evil Within did it right, but they screwed up with the plot, in my opinion, wasn't scary at all, but the game was great.

Ideal scenario for me:

RE7, maybe dial back a tad but keep in line with what 6 was in terms of pace and character movement. Focus on cool shooting.

make fucking Evil Within 2 aka maybe the best game of 2014 dont listen to people

Tizoc

Serious-ish question though: How crappy is the performance of Evil WIthin on PC?
Cuz I'm half tempted to get it on PS4 so my lame ass brother can play another RE game.

kagamin

Ideal scenario for me:

RE7, maybe dial back a tad but keep in line with what 6 was in terms of pace and character movement. Focus on cool shooting.

make fucking Evil Within 2 aka maybe the best game of 2014 dont listen to people

Trails in the Sky FC released in 2014 though, and nothing was better than that game on PC. :p

Arthea

I thought people hated RE6 and suddenly Salsa wants RE7 to be like RE6? Do you even like RE?

Trails in the Sky FC released in 2014 though, and nothing was better than that game on PC. :p

seconded

I was a Silent Hill lover but when Konami killed the franchise after SH4, I needed to redirect my survival horror love elsewhere and the only valid entry was Resident Evil.
Not that I hated it or whatever, but I always liked psychological horror more compared to the splatterish one of RE.
I like stories of sick character living the hell on earth because they did something terribly wrong.

have you played Sanitarium?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought people hated RE6 and suddenly Salsa wants RE7 to be like RE6? Do you even like RE?

I loved Resident Evil 6, but it's the only one I've played for more than an hour.

Salsa

I like RE

I mostly like RE4

Evil Within is RE4 successor and im cool with that

old RE is REmake and that's enough

what's new RE? idk, but im realistic in what I enjoyed out of RE5 and RE6 and think there's something there

most people dont know what the fuck they want with RE lets be real. They all cry "omg make it good again" but what do they even mean

Ludens

Banned
have you played Sanitarium?

Of course, I have it on GOG, great game.

Oh, this week this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291750/

should be released. The first game is very, very good if you like ghost hunting games, maybe one of the best with Dark Fall series. It should be released in 2011, but better late than never I suppose. The only negative thing is I think I will have the same problem I had today with the prequel, I hope to find a way to run it on fullscreen.

KingKong

I like RE

I mostly like RE4

Evil Within is RE4 successor and im cool with that

old RE is REmake and that's enough

what's new RE? idk, but im realistic in what I enjoyed out of RE5 and RE6 and think there's something there

most people dont know what the fuck they want with RE lets be real. They all cry "omg make it good again" but what do they even mean

We all know its going to be an open world survival game

I swear I've seen someone broadcasting PS4 game on steam broadcast couple of weeks ago, but I forgot the steam program that person was using.

I consider RE7 a dumpster fire unlit until proven otherwise

I would take everything said about RE7 so far with a grain silo sized grain of salt because Capcom are liars, charlatans and capitalists.

Nordicus

I thought I had advanced quite far in Satellite Reign. I thought my agents had gotten strong...

...that was before I entered a base with ED-209s and a spider tank!

I'm going to need bigger guns. Lacking that, EMPs out the ass.

Corpekata

Banned
I swear I've seen someone broadcasting PS4 game on steam broadcast couple of weeks ago, but I forgot the steam program that person was using.

They shouldn't need a Steam program at all, they'd just need a way to hook the Remote Play into acting as a Non-Steam Game.

Arthea

I thought I had advanced quite far in Satellite Reign. I thought my agents had gotten strong...

...that was before I entered a base with ED-209s and a spider tank!

I'm going to need bigger guns. Lacking that, EMPs out the ass.

now I want Satellite Reign

please continue updating us on your progress

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp Salt & Sanctuary is all I hoped for and more.

xZ2sEbd.gif

Ludens

Banned
Even if I VPN Steam to USA for key activation?

Or do these games have runtime-locks that check cross-check your location every time you want to start the game?

If a game is row there's no such a check. But you should ask a US gaf to buy the bundle instead of using a VPN, because Humble can ban you if they discover it I think, it should be against TOS.

you should be able to activate using VPN and play unless these are run locked, you need to check a database for this.

I think if the key is ROW there's no need of a VPN to activate and play it. Only if it's US locked.

mp1990

Banned
My PC won't even manage to run F.E.A.R 2, a 2009 game, on a locked framerate (even at the lowest resolution), and I still have hopes of playing Overwatch on it *laughs hysterically* *starts sobbing*

And honestly I'm not even mad at missing F.E.A.R 2 itself, from the 40 minutes I manage to endure playing it, the game didn't seem to be anything like the first one, so to hell with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom