• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I saw that and mine is more avatar friendly (and cuter). I would rock a 1080p version of it as my desktop wallpaper tho

kagamin

Please:
jrdoKNz.jpg

ArjanN

*Satellite Reign impressions*

Neat, I picked it up but because I was juggling like 10 games already I hadn't had time to play it at all yet.

Salt and Sanctuary looks fantastic but...

An indie game without cards? What is this.

Like half the games on Steam only get cards after the fact, probably doesn't make sense to wait for them to be approved when they're completely seperate from the game anyway and you're ready to release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We're going to have to start spoilertagging the... erm... M-E-I posts and putting trigger warnings on them, aren't we?

We need to put trigger warnings on your avatar, damn son

how do people with jobs deal with browsing gaf when tellaerin posts with that avatar

Lol I sware this was a coincidence

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing i really love about overwatch is that i can't really find myself getting upset over losing at that game

like league games are 40m+ long super tense epics where every death is severely punished and every buff is contested and you have to balance farming, roaming, keeping vision, looking at the map and then dueling 1v1 or coordinating with ur your team for ganks and flanks and teamfights and tactical retreats and whatnot. and it all can come crumbling down in a second. or sometimes you lost before it begun cos they just outpicked you

here it's more like ok that bastion is really annoying i'll just pick d.va and farm him for ult charge and then blow him up with my ult. oh i died it's ok it's just like 15s, and a game lasts like 5-10 minutes so if you lose it's not biggie, onto the next one, you at least got some exp so the next skin is just around the corner

i'm so relaxed playing it that even when my teammates are idiots and decide to go 4 hanzos i'm just like ok i'll just goof around with tracer and get real close to bastions and spray on their feet to scare them or something

how do people with jobs deal with browsing gaf when tellaerin posts with that avatar
my boss just brought like 20 cans of beers to the office today and i have my anime hair and i'm me so ppl know i'm a weirdo

no biggie

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just keep going for a bit....you're playing as a different character compared to the first game so the reason that Point Man had for the Slo-Mo ability doesn't apply. After about 30 minutes of playing you'll probably be up to speed with the changes.
Not to mention that it has some legit scary sequences too. I like that it's different enough not to feel a rehash of the first game, and yet it's close enough to still be good.

I can't remember much of the story though. This is something that didn't really hook me, and I loved the story in the first one.

People browse gaf at work? I...work at work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Sometimes there's free time at work. Smart people take advantage of it by learning new things or doing useful stuff. Me, I browse GAF.

Eventually we're going to have to have a serious sit down conversation about whether or not Overwatch ( a game not on Steam) is off topic in a Steam thread. I say yes, make a Battle.net thread pls.

KingKong

the thing i really love about overwatch is that i can't really find myself getting upset over losing at that game

like league games are 40m+ long super tense epics where every death is severely punished and every buff is contested and you have to balance farming, roaming, keeping vision, looking at the map and then dueling 1v1 or coordinating with ur your team for ganks and flanks and teamfights and tactical retreats and whatnot. and it all can come crumbling down in a second. or sometimes you lost before it begun cos they just outpicked you

here it's more like ok that bastion is really annoying i'll just pick d.va and farm him for ult charge and then blow him up with my ult. oh i died it's ok it's just like 15s, and a game lasts like 5-10 minutes so if you lose it's not biggie, onto the next one, you at least got some exp so the next skin is just around the corner

i'm so relaxed playing it that even when my teammates are idiots and decide to go 4 hanzos i'm just like ok i'll just goof around with tracer and get real close to bastions and spray on their feet to scare them or something

Then whats the point of playing it. You know youre playing a good competitive game, CSGO for example, when you come to hate both your team and the enemy team, mute everyone and feel depressed after the game is over even if you won

zkylon

zkylewd
well u know, u gotta render and compile

that's my excuse

Eventually we're going to have to have a serious sit down conversation about whether or not Overwatch ( a game not on Steam) is off topic in a Steam thread. I say yes, make a Battle.net thread pls.
i think it'll die down with time to the point that it won't be needed to have this conversation

ppl that like it will move their overwatch talks to the ot and it'll pop up every now and then but it won't be as recurrent

like i'm guessing it's still hot in ppl's minds after the open beta and u know, there's some srs withrawal going on here

Then whats the point of playing it. You know youre playing a good competitive game, CSGO for example, when you come to hate both your team and the enemy team, mute everyone and feel depressed after the game is over even if you won
that's league

it's awesome, but my mind can't hold another league

I just have the thread open with NeoGAF Live Thread running and then I scroll through the new posts/page down the anime & Overwatch periodically when I have a free moment. Like right now with this code that's taking 10+ minutes to run just so I can find out if it worked or not.

ExoSoul

Banned

I agree, mentioning it once or twice is fine but pages of overwatch talk is a bit too much..

i think it'll die down with time to the point that it won't be needed to have this conversation

ppl that like it will move their overwatch talks to the ot and it'll pop up every now and then but it won't be as recurrent

like i'm guessing it's still hot in ppl's minds after the open beta and u know, there's some srs withrawal going on here

I hope you're right I just don't know if I can take anime talk AND Overwatch talk in the same thread. I don't think I have the strength.

Overwatch like Dark Souls 3 like basically every big new game will have early on lots of mentions in posts but they all die off. They all die off. Nothing needs to be done. People need to have patience and let others have their fun talking about games. Scrolling exists.

Rhaknar

That battle was lost a long time ago

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Airstrike HD -- MB-FF231F7FA50D0364 - Taken by gaiadyne

Jawmuncher

Mint is the guy yelling from the outside of the crowd that no one hears.

Who in turn is having the best time compared to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom