• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope you're right I just don't know if I can take anime talk AND Overwatch talk in the same thread. I don't think I have the strength.
i think it'll cool down, it'll still be brought up from time to time like i like talking about league here a bit but not to this crazy amounts

but like veggie says big games like these take over the thread sometimes, it's not really about if it's on steam or not (i still don't get why people care so much about that but i'm not really gonna debate that right now), remember ppl here getting upset over dks3 crowding out other games, etc.

kagamin

i just found something very tangentially related if you listen really closely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUT0csgdT50

giphy.gif

Jawmuncher

Dunno why people can't handle a game they dislike being talked about. If we were getting pages about a console exclusive I could understand. But since it's PC which everyone here has Acess too I don't see the problem.

There's numerous game talk that has annoyed me in the thread. I either stay quiet and ignore or start my own topic. I have yet to see Overwatch talk or other PC game talk that isn't on steam in such a volume that it drowns out other topics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will flood the thread with S&S posts starting tomorrow dont worry

Ibuki

Banned
Dunno why people can't handle a game they dislike being talked about. If we were getting pages about a console exclusive I could understand. But since it's PC which everyone here has Acess too I don't see the problem.

There's numerous game talk that has annoyed me in the thread. I either stay quiet and ignore or start my own topic. I have yet to see Overwatch talk or other PC game talk that isn't on steam in such a volume that it drowns out other topics.

I prefer it when people are actually talking about a game instead of making these stupid played out anime jokes...
But who am I to judge? I posted a couple times about a cartoon in here. :(

Nordicus

Neat, I picked it up but because I was juggling like 10 games already I hadn't had time to play it at all yet.
It's nice, but it Satellite Reign a definite learning curve during the first quarter portion of the game, when you're still not sure what fights you can handle and what's out of your league. Being decisive in your offense when a fight starts is super important.

But when you get past that, it weirdly scratches my Dawn of War 2 campaign itch, but everybody is part Cyrus

Tellaerin

how do people with jobs deal with browsing gaf when tellaerin posts with that avatar

We need to put trigger warnings on your avatar, damn son

Hey, she's covered up! Besides, my avatar's probably the size of a postage stamp on most monitors anyway. I doubt most people can even make out what it is from a distance.

Now if we were talking about the full image, that would be another story. (Note: Don't click that link if you're at work right now, because that would be dumb. :p Unless you're sure your boss is cool with people looking at pictures of buxom anime characters on company time, in which case, carry on.)

Weighing in on the whole Overwatch thing:

It's been said a few times now that the Steam thread doubles as the "catchall PC gaming thread", and I'm cool with that. People always talk about the current flavor of the month here, whether it's Overwatch or Doom or DS3 or whatever. I like hearing peoples' impressions. As long as it falls under the heading of "PC gaming", I'm not about to get bent out of shape over whether or not it's available on Steam.

zkylon

zkylewd

personally i don't give two shits about the thread keeping any sort of "on topic" rules outside of a very general sense of "don't go off talking about something no one really cares about" (sorry and i might be wrong but i'm not positive that the vocaloid spam is interesting or funny to anyone but u kagamin)

like if there's clearly an audience and it's a game that's relevant today and it's on pc and we live in a time in which everyone has multiple store clients installed on their pcs at any given time, i really don't think it's in anyone's place to complain about overwatch

but since it wasn't like a shitty comment trashing on the game or ppl talking about it or anything so i wouldn't make a big deal out of this one case

kagamin

personally i don't give two shits about the thread keeping any sort of "on topic" rules outside of a very general sense of "don't go off talking about something no one really cares about" (sorry and i might be wrong but i'm not positive that the vocaloid spam is interesting or funny to anyone but u kagamin)

[5:18 PM] kagamint: I don't post ironically
[5:19 PM] kagamint: I post seriously
[5:19 PM] Jawmuncher: I know that's why it's funny
[5:19 PM] Jawmuncher: Just a dude posting miku in the steam thread

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh yeah speaking of S&S and its leveling system, forgot to mention that the item you get when you trade "souls" (the black pearl which you then use to get your stats and whatnot) can also be found out in the world, so you can actually "loot levels" which gives you more reasons to fully explore (as if the genre itself already didnt have enough).

Edit: also forgot to mention but you can also hold weapons with 2hands and forgo shields and just rely on dodges

Jawmuncher

like if there's clearly an audience and it's a game that's relevant today and it's on pc and we live in a time in which everyone has multiple store clients installed on their pcs at any given time, i really don't think it's in anyone's place to complain about overwatch

but since it wasn't like a shitty comment trashing on the game or ppl talking about it or anything so i wouldn't make a big deal out of this one case

I don't think I've ever complained about off topic ness in the past. Not directly anyway, since that usually just exacerbates things. However I agree if said game is available on steam I don't see the issue. Even though this is the steam thread, the majority of us know that it's basically PC gaming. No one wants to post in 7 different threads because their game is on PC but not on steam. So yeah I can say I agree

Tellaerin

Oh yeah speaking of S&S and its leveling system, forgot to mention that the item you get when you trade "souls" (the black pearl which you then use to get your stats and whatnot) can also be found out in the world, so you can actually "loot levels" which gives you more reasons to fully explore (as if the genre itself already didnt have enough).

Great impressions earlier, really sold me on the game. The only thing I'm not too keen on are those fugly potato head characters. >_<

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-B9ADE1E36B944EAB - Taken by data

zkylon

zkylewd
[5:18 PM] kagamint: I don't post ironically
[5:19 PM] kagamint: I post seriously
[5:19 PM] Jawmuncher: I know that's why it's funny
[5:19 PM] Jawmuncher: Just a dude posting miku in the steam thread
joke's on me i guess haha

The origin, Uplay, and windows store thread are basically jokes.
having separate threads is super outdated, tho to be honest that's not how pc gaming ever worked so you could say it was dumb to begin with

kagamin

Well yes but it is also an RPG, which I rarely play as I have trouble getting into most of them.

And also I forgot I had it but it's cool I think I'll try to finish Alien Isolation and South Park.

Or play CSGO because I can't stop.

Well good thing, because OWH is a game you can easily beat in 30 minutes. At least in my experience.

Cth

So, I finally got to try an Oculus Rift at work today.

I was in skeptical camp after getting my hopes up in the 90s (contemplating going to school to learn to work with VR apps). I'm still not sure it's up to gaming as traditionally defined, but experience wise it's amazing.

I was also worried about my motion sickness issues but thankfully nothing during my time with the OR.

I'll still have to settle for the PS4 version as I don't have a system in place to run the OR.

Neat!
pSWBWOS.png

bOKhhet.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

McPixel Steam Key -- MB-2123394E3EA94D5D - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-5B237FC97A26A6A9 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-F9895A3E91510009 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-759623A5B7C0CB12 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-96BDAE37E45D6021 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1463533109z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
eb4c045f73f9a4b1bac708e70fb12f12cd53010f.jpg
99e9e265feb90662e9d8cacc6c8e285e8fc00d2d.jpg
d07cfbe2c3b2c204f4bc269aba3c448c09a81b75.jpg

d2789dc5fb6bfee4d07cd3ec06985593fffd606c.jpg
101cf86ad6b8d8ce6328c373d23b0b09318b5a1f.jpg
d113d66ef88069d7d35a74cfaf2e2ee917f61133.jpg

Some games off your list that are easy enough to pick up and play.

i really wish someone did this for me <3

So, I finally got to try an Oculus Rift at work today.

I was in skeptical camp after getting my hopes up in the 90s (contemplating going to school to learn to work with VR apps). I'm still not sure it's up to gaming as traditionally defined, but experience wise it's amazing.

I was also worried about my motion sickness issues but thankfully nothing during my time with the OR.

I'll still have to settle for the PS4 version as I don't have a system in place to run the OR.
my problem with oculus is that i'll never want to have a giant headset on my face for more than like 20 minutes

as a (sadly) non-glasses using person having that shit strapped on my face feels super uncomfortable and weird

i would kind of love to like pay some money at like an arcade or something and play it there, tho i don't think i'd be comfortable playing that in front of other people lol

idk, i liked what i played of it, but i'm in no hurry of having anything to do with vr, specially for games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom