• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
So uh I managed to sell a random card from Epistory for like 15 bucks. There were no cards listed and someone had an Instant Buy set it for that and thanks to Jschackles Enhanced Steam I saw that. Hit it, confirmed it. Worked.

I wonder if I just lucked out on some guy trying to move funds between accounts or something.

Salsa

been playing Wolfenstein on one below Uber difficulty and it was fine, easy even

of course the last level is a random ass difficulty spike

hating it

just end, game

zkylon

zkylewd
I would, unless you're gonna act like Flarz does and just brush off my suggestions about playing games you already own and buy a new game to play instead.
only if they're bad suggestions

I would but I need to assign GAF tags to you guys so I know who's GAF and who is Randoms from CSGO.
just look for zky!

5b8282f28c.jpg
- a short game that I've actually wanted to play for a while but it hasn't hit a price I'd be comfortable paying
20146b90f9.jpg
- this is a pretty short game too, I finished it a while ago on PS4 and thought it was fun. Haven't gotten to MGS V tho
35b8e028ee.jpg
- it's disgaea. just play it, dood.
0ef61ee981.jpg
- probably the best TPS I've ever played, it's really fun
fd0afdebb1.jpg
- I put in 200 hours on this a few years ago on PS3.
hmm, are all of those showing as not played?

stanley parable - this is a good suggestion, i played the free version forever ago but i might give the remake a shot, i don't know why i never played it
ground zeroes - i can't bring myself to play this without playing peace walker. i want to play them all someday but other stuff get in the way
disgaea - this is probably gonna be my next big game, but i'll probably start it after overwatch launches
max payne - one of my favorite games ever, i've beaten it like 10 times or something, i love it!
burnout paradise - i liked burnout 3 (i think?) a lot but for some reason paradise didn't click for me. either way i'm not a fan of racing games so sadly it's a no no

thanks for the suggetions, i'm downloading the stanley parable

rtcn63

Had my first crash. It just went to desktop, no error. And my PS4 controller kept vibrating until I booted the game back up and got to the start screen.

The game works better if you only do one or two missions a day. If you're not super in love with the gunplay, it can get repetitive. (There are some missions where it's just non-stop wave after wave of enemies) I'm not sure if this is how it was in the original Doom, but the imps are probably the hardest enemy. There's just so many of them and their fireballs eat your health while you're trying to take on everything else.

Also I liked the aesthetic of Doom 3. If only it was more controller friendly (the BFG edition doesn't have a weapon wheel, so you have to manually scroll through your guns with the shoulder buttons) and didn't go on for so damn long.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-8C7A653B18D94C64 - Taken by gurm3n
Spy Chameleon RGB Agent -- MB-48E570375EF1A895 - Taken by neonglow
Mushroom 11 -- MB-CEE69C7244F68B8A - Taken by Salsa
Saints Row 2 -- MB-11AD9AAC5C23FC5F - Taken by Shalashaska
Sacred 3 Gold -- MB-1D060AA6B5B05D02 - Taken by Eila
men of war assault squad -- MB-6306F589A56B0F7B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Risen -- MB-576651789728346A - Taken by Mikurden
System Shock: Enhanced Edition -- MB-F7E43D6C2CF7A0A9 - Taken by Ibuki
8bitboy -- MB-CF9D9E03EDF9A51B - Taken by ussjtrunks
Recursion Deluxe -- MB-2FC3CC4CA91600CD - Taken by Mavromatis
HyperRogue -- MB-C17363A8F15AD9A6 - Taken by Catshade
Dead Island: GOTY Edition -- MB-4043A689594E84EF - Taken by Costa1774
Aquasnap Window Manager -- MB-6BE11422B65BBE15 - Taken by Kagemusha
Dyscourse -- MB-B85D0D7E797B6B28 - Taken by madjoki
Gunman Clive -- MB-EAFDE67714419811 - Taken by dave is ok

TownCraft -- MB-50BD208EE99A1633 - Taken by Sarcasm
Metrocide -- MB-09B0E2166F581996 - Taken by voodooray
Bubsy Two Fur -- MB-C972C8652D88BA22 - Taken by alr1ght
FrankNJohn -- MB-82DD08F6BC495C64 - Taken by SSPssp
Abducted -- MB-75B55FB26764C081 - Taken by septicore
My Name is Mayo -- MB-BCF072C929B6DC2E - Taken by WinterDemons
East India Company Gold -- MB-F2A220BD00857258
Dungeon Nightmares II : The Memory -- MB-1301808EEA1A81A0 - Taken by rainking187
Crow -- MB-29B93F2FC1A9885F - Taken by Baron_Calamity
fault milestone one -- MB-3E1A908DA53ABE81 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again -- MB-A5CF0B5EB2E25E52 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Death Ray Manta SE -- MB-D1FCD88A989A1AFC - Taken by KenOD
Asmr Universe -- MB-BF6F9CDB815C8567 - Taken by bobnowhere
Towerfall Ascension -- MB-114287E739756732 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-90B545BBA0C30668 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Pakkidis

I want RE6 and Devil May cry 4 special edition but I'm not sure its worth the 15$ CDN.. I own every other game in the bundle...........so conflicted right now.

To make up for the Castle finale:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

army of tentacles -- MB-DB606ECEFC67608F - Taken by fuzzy123

I have a few questions. I've tried looking up the answers on Google, but I get a lot of conflicting information so I don't know what is true or not.

1: I game primarily on a Mac, but I'm usually behind a VPN that places me in another state or territory. I've only ever bought Steam games in my actual location (U.S.) but can I get a ban if I launch Steam or play a game when connected through my VPN? Would it matter if it is a single player or multiplayer game? The OP only mentions downloading and getting games from other regions via VPN, not playing already bought games.

2: While I game primarily on my Mac, I do have Windows installed via Boot Camp. I also use Parallels to emulate my Windows Boot Camp partition. Can I get banned for switching frequently between Windows and OS X? What about using Parallels that emulates my machine and Windows? For example, using Parallels and Boot Camp can mess up the Windows activation from time to time.

3: I have a Steam Link, and so I'm using Big Picture Mode exclusively on Windows (BPM on Mac is ok, and Steam Link is garbage on a Mac with multiple monitors so I have to use Windows via Boot Camp. More on this later). The other day, I was going to add The Curse of Monkey Island to Big Picture Mode as a shortcut, but I hesitated because I am using a no-CD patch so that I don't have to have the CDs in the computer at all times (and I also did this because I didn't want to launch ScummVM because it doesn't work well in BPM). I mean, I own the game, I have the CDs and box (which I can post if needed as proof) but I am worried that I could get in trouble for using a no-CD patch and launching through Steam. Would that be a problem?

4: For single player only games, can I use Cheat Engine or a trainer? I want to replay Remember Me that I just bought from the Humble Bundle (and after playing again Life is Strange) but I don't want to put up with the combat and combo system. Or, let's say Deadly Premonition. As long as it is singe player only, is it a problem?

Sorry for the strange and oddly specific questions.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok gotta admit that stellaris is pretty addictive. even if i have no idea what i'm doing, it's fun to make all these decisions of how i want to shape the interstellar zkylon kingdom

i'm starting to make contact with other empires and they've not been super friendly. i met some smiley looking freaks that shortly after meeting them they've gone like "fuck you" and kicked me out of their territory. some bug people next to me are also showing some animosity. only ppl that like me are some dictator crocs and another type of bugs that unfortunately joined some other alliance which leads me kind of trapped between like a ton of people that hate me lol

i kind of wish the game was more about diplomacy and intrigue and all that cos the whole managing my kingdom isn't the most compelling shit ever. it's fun, but it's not something i think i want to spend dozens of hours on?

will see, been kind of uneventful for now, maybe it gets more interesting later

kagamin

Dead Island feels like crap at 60fps and I have no idea why, I only seem to get some semblance of smoothness when playing unlocked around 170-210fps.

Corpekata

Banned
Dead Island feels like crap at 60fps and I have no idea why, I only seem to get some semblance of smoothness when playing unlocked around 170-210fps.

Try the Dead Island Helper mod, IIRC it helped with a lot of issues.

Or alternatively just play Dying Light given it's better in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom