• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Kraekan Cyclops
piece of a motherfucking whore cuntshitface

fuck this boss
I thought he was pretty easy to dodge. The Mad Alchemist, though.
Fuck that guy.

Very happy to see Salt & Sanctuary finally release on Steam. Haven't finished it because of Dark Souls III coming along, but what I played was great and it deserves a lot more love and attention then it got during it's launch on PS4.

That it's made by only two people is mindblowing.

Messiah

Embrace the rage!
image.php

sheaaaa

Anyone happen to have a spare Bionic Commando key from the Humble Bundle lying around? I have almost everything else but I'm considering buying the bundle just for that game, because I can't buy it on Steam as it's region-locked for some reason.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gipsy Danger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-B6333ADD73E0E0DA - Taken by Anteater. 20 entrants total.

t1463581431z1.png

Free game! Good luck!

sheaaaa

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sheaaaa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Killer Is Dead -- MB-1B5524284D83D490 - Taken by nightstorm

Ludens

Banned
I thought about it, I really did, until I scrolled a bit more and read:

NB. Do be aware that this Bundle may contain Steam, Origin, GOG or Uplay keys. Check your key delivery email for further information.

No, thanks, GMG.

The site is down for me, can't login, can't put the bundle into the basket.
It will probably containt Gleam.io trash

Ludens

Banned
Hmm 6 cent a piece. I´m really thinking of buying 10 of them now. Even if they're shit games, hopefully they have cards I can sell off the bat? I definitely wouldn't expect high profile games, I don't believe that crap.

One Black Ops every 1000000 bundle.
EDIT: Some people are reporting this "bundle" it's one key only, so GMG is doing misleading descriptions here.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Uf73z/gmg-6th-birthday

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got assigned a review code of Slain!, and they were actually asking afterward to wait 8-12 weeks for reviews after they realized like everyone hated it. So a long way to go still presumably, that was like 5 weeks ago.

That seems rather pointless. Most people are going to buy the game on Steam and there's no hiding the user reviews.

AHA-Lambda

Hmm, new Batman remaster not coming to PC at all

Even though these things are usually minor upgrades don't they usually come to PC too?

jaekeem

anyone that wants mez mode in salt and sanctuary just do the 2H axe/hammer build

eventually you just do so much damage that you bulldoze through everything

and I think heavy armor is really overrated in this game...I was playing on 99% equip load for the first hour and a half..and couldn't dodge anything haha

but now I'm running around 50% and combat feels so much easier

Parsnip

Exactly what upgrades will these current gen ports have?

Both are being remastered for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One using Unreal Engine 4, a first for the award winning Batman: Arkham series. Remastered by Virtuos, this set offers fans a chance to play the first two Batman: Arkham titles including all Game of the Year edition bonus and downloadable content from both games, now with improved graphics, as well as upgraded models, environments, lighting, effects and shaders.
Boop.

I'd buy them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gipsy Danger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-B6333ADD73E0E0DA - Taken by Anteater. 20 entrants total.

t1463581431z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-A21C3C1D14E52599 - Taken by rainking187
PGP3OVL.png
(GOG) Torchlight -- MB-7CFA0E28D39720BD - Taken by Red Hood
Strider -- MB-0CBF16F912F438F6 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1: Penal Colony -- MB-12AF6140B3BF1DB2 - Taken by Sarcasm
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-D85CD33D50DF1A59 - Taken by hannes

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Ravensword: Shadowlands was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (GOG) Torchlight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Quick question about Dark Souls 3: I've defeated three lords and i'm currently exploring
Lothric Castle.
Am I nearing the end, it certainly feels that way, or is it like DSII/Bloodborne where the halfway point feels like it could end at any minute?

jaekeem

Quick question about Dark Souls 3: I've defeated three lords and i'm currently exploring
Lothric Castle.
Am I nearing the end, it certainly feels that way, or is it like DSII/Bloodborne where the halfway point feels like it could end at any minute?

it depends

there is technically a fair amount of game left once you first reach lothric, if you are going to do all the optional parts

Maxwood

it depends

there is technically a fair amount of game left once you first reach lothric, if you are going to do all the optional parts
Of course I will.
Great news, thanks. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Salt & Sanctuary update after I tried to get some sleep but couldnt becaue this is right in my veins, right up there

4th boss was super easy, actually apreciated that after the nightmare that was the third (for me). Leveling system continues to be super impressive, got me my greathammer / greataxe perk now, oh yeah giant axes baby. still havent gotten any of the boss weapons, I finally have the thing to summon the npc but I havent found new sanctuary and the others are full lol >_<

so many loop arounds, shortcut openings, backtracking in this. I know they were leaning heavy on the Souls homage but wru map ;_;

Im actually doing fine without a map, but it wouldnt hurt.

also got a power to
revert gravity in some points
, we straight up castlevania now. And speaking of now, now I really need some sleep otherwise im fucked tonight at work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-1DFBEBEE6E5F67AA - Taken by Catshade
Legendary -- MB-224AAF9662BDB8C7 - Taken by septicore
Squares Route -- MB-BA0C5D6182FD152D - Taken by voodooray
Avencast -- MB-84F3B8B93EDAA975 - Taken by Hakkelus

Some crap.

Parsnip

Oh interesting but this being wb....
Gotta warn a broth ya know
Eh. Most of WB games have been more than fine on PC.
People like to forget that excellent PC version of Mordor and Mad Max came out after MKX and AK. And I haven't heard anything bad about any of the Lego games, so I assume those are good as well.

MKXL not coming to PC at all sucks, but clearly the highly modified UE3 frankenengine they used for MKX and AK was a pain the ass to work with so I'm not shocked.

These on the other hands are being ported to UE4 by Virtuos who seem to have a pretty good track record and at a glance the games seem look better than the existing PC versions.

I'd buy them.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Eh. Most of WB games have been more than fine on PC.
People like to forget that excellent PC version of Mordor and Mad Max came out after MKX and AK. And I haven't heard anything bad about any of the Lego games, so I assume those are good as well.

MKXL not coming to PC at all sucks, but clearly the highly modified UE3 frankenengine they used for MKX and AK was a pain the ass to work with so I'm not shocked.

These on the other hands are being ported to UE4 by Virtuos who seem to have a pretty good track record and at a glance the games seem look better than the existing PC versions.

I'd buy them.

Mordor was before AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom