• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

It would be interesting if they took City's combat advances and plopped them onto Asylum, but hell that would break the whole thing entirely.

I think Asylum is still the best complete package of the three, the more intimate setting and almost perfect pacing is just, you know, almost perfect. The overall story isn't the greatest, but the moment to moment writing is excellent.

The things City does better is obviously the combat, and the best boss fight of the series against Freeze is in City, but the large horseshoe shaped world didn't really add a lot to the game. For a while it's pretty fun to fly around the city after you get the grapnel boost, but I at least grew tired of it pretty fast.

Mordor was before AK.
Right you are, I was looking at the linux and mac dates by accident.

Doesn't really change my argument a lot though.

I stopped using GMG in the middle of 2015 when they disabled all coupons for India/Russia and introduced regional pricing which basically meant they'd add whatever number they felt like to the price column. Just went to their site now to see what's what and on the front page I see the price for Final Fantasy IX is the equivalent of about $300.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition -- MB-DC6EBFE84FBB3469 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Saints Row 2 -- MB-2C877727CE54B25A - Taken by SirMossyBloke
Risen -- MB-B768C63A6B7685E6 - Taken by gabbo

Hektor

Sega killing it with their PC push, as usual.

Thats why people bought VC. To first get a Sonic Game and then a smartphone spin-off!

SSU4KIT.jpg

Phinor

The original Android/iOS Motorsport Manager is surprisingly good if a little light. One of the very few mobile games I have enjoyed for few hours. It looks like they are adding a lot of stuff and depth to the game, hopefully it's all well designed and meaningful too. I hate how so many modern games are about increasing numbers/bars to get new type of numbers to increase, case in point most mobile games and something like Anno 2205. What a shell of a game that was.

Keep waiting for those Sonic games people, this announcement makes me super happy and it's immediately one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Just finished the Guardian Neuron in UnEpic. He's one of those enemies who mess with your mind and controls. At some point your characters starts emptying all the potions and the controls get inverted D: Reminded me of Psycho Mantis. Those types of bosses always mess up with my rhythm but it was still fun.

Says English is not supported lol

Weird since screenshots and description are in english.
I guess that's an oversight on their part since there is no language described at all!
No. I sold my card anticipating getting something newer. I wanted to mess with my outdated integrated graphics, but a buddy gave me his 8600gt so I wouldn't have to "suffer."
Cool. Waiting for 1080/1070 or AMD Polaris cards?
Damn PA attacking modern games journalism

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/05/18
Oho. Props.

Phawx

No. I sold my card anticipating getting something newer. I wanted to mess with my outdated integrated graphics, but a buddy gave me his 8600gt so I wouldn't have to "suffer."

What CPU do you have? If it's within the past few years, it might actually be better than a 8600gt.

Nordicus

Satellite Reign, Grid Sector.

Breaking into the security center in control of the sector's security cameras.

Fairly small place, however packed with guards.

Entering through backdoor, but first I shut down the automation on the front security gate.

Not to open it and keep myself a decent permanent escape route, like usual. But to lock it up and keep the guards trapped in with me. There will be no reinforcements nor witnesses.

Jawmuncher

You guys need to learn about patience and waiting ish out
Seriously sega does a good thing u praise them
Sega doesnt do what you want u get uppity
Just bloody wait

I don't blame anyone for being mad or disgruntled. Sega can make amends when they bring what people want. Everyone is forced to wait anyway. No reason to just do so quietly.

JMTHEFOX

Not the SEGA game you were expecting

I have the iPad version of this game and while I am not that good at management games, I recommend it to those who enjoy those games. Looking at the screenshots, its going to be a lot different than the mobile versions.

Good luck to the devs and I can't wait to double dip.

Doomedfool

I'm officially older, so here's a bribe to keep you damn kids off my lawn!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Doomedfool:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition -- MB-EA7F4512842E5A63 - Taken by AsylumX. 52 entrants total.

t1463594227z1.png

Tizoc

I don't blame anyone for being mad or disgruntled. Sega can make amends when they bring what people want. Everyone is forced to wait anyway. No reason to just do so quietly.
howre those dino crisis 1 and 2 steam ports going along btw :v

There is no point to being fristrated over such things, just appreciate what you got and be pleasantly surprised when they release the game uve wanted for so long

You guys need to learn about patience and waiting ish out
Seriously sega does a good thing u praise them
Sega doesnt do what you want u get uppity
Just bloody wait

Valkyria Chronicles: 11th Nov. 2014 - SEGA
Sonic Lost World 2nd Nov. 2015 - SEGA

Neptunia 01 28th Jan. 2015
Neptunia 02 29th May 2015
Fairy Fencer F 4th Aug. 2015
Neptunia 03 30th Oct 2015
Hyperdimension Neptunia U 21st March 2016
Hyperdevotion Noire 26th April

Just strange, that a big company like SEGA releases two ports, while IF, a small company, can release 6 in just about 1 year.

extras
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Island game of the year edition -- MB-E29004E593C12E18 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-13BEDAF7A198053C
Risen -- MB-6ADDB4EAD6BD4351 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 2 entrants total.

t1463585375z1.png

Happy birthday Doomedfool!

Phawx

New Indiegala bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/steamulating

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!
Death Goat (STEAM) +
Akane the Kunoichi (STEAM) +
Oknytt (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!
Blade Symphony (STEAM) +
Galacide (STEAM) +
Jackal (STEAM) +
Olympia Rising (STEAM) +
The Last Photon (STEAM) +
Our Love Will Grow (STEAM) +
The Dwarf Run (STEAM) +
Hero of the Kingdom II (STEAM) +
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (STEAM)

Hmm. I have almost everything except Olympia Rising which I would like.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Risen -- MB-AEFDE142745256C6 - Taken by deadcelledo

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems like windows store is getting an improvement, for those interested.

Love it or hate it, competition in this space is a really good thing. There are a few things in that screenshot that I wish Steam had. For example (even though it looks like it's in early stages) there is a section in the "System Requirements" that lists keyboard and mouse with a checkbox next to each. Presumably this is pulling data directly from your PC, and conceivably this could be updated to include things like graphics card, monitor resolution, hard drive space, etc.

And speaking of hard drive space, I like how the "Approximate size" is listed on the store listing like that. I'm going to see if I can come up with something like that for Steam pages because it's never occurred to me that it's missing there. (Well, technically it's listed in the "System Requirements" section, but that's a text field with an approximation at or before release. It would be nice to have the actual number there, if possible).

Tizoc

Valkyria Chronicles: 11th Nov. 2014 - SEGA
Sonic Lost World 2nd Nov. 2015 - SEGA

Neptunia 01 28th Jan. 2015
Neptunia 02 29th May 2015
Fairy Fencer F 4th Aug. 2015
Neptunia 03 30th Oct 2015
Hyperdimension Neptunia U 21st March 2016
Hyperdevotion Noire 26th April

Just strange, that a big company like SEGA releases two ports, while IF, a small company, can release 6 in just about 1 year.
For one thing you could blame it on the old fogies running sega of japan

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Blade Symphony -- MB-DA2A17B1D63C9FB4 - Taken by ExoSoul
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-312D3A2130FB4415 - Taken by Hakkelus
Oknytt -- MB-43C7E6D2AF53F1C1 - Taken by derExperte
The Dwarf Run -- MB-21C3977311779DB1 - Taken by septicore
Our Love Will Grow -- MB-FBF3F02CB84CC02C - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-8D12F8E0E773EB79
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-CB67B7EAFFFE181A - Taken by Nabs

Damn PA attacking modern games journalism

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/05/18

They are? Modern games journalism doesn't use the written word. So I'm not sure who they are talking about.

The game will benefit from beter performance and fan mods thats for sure

Sonic Boom has fans who know how to mod????

Ugh, that trailer. Its not fading to black as much as its strobing to black.

Sega isn't a big company anymore and even if it still was, being incompetent hurts.

Eh. Most of WB games have been more than fine on PC.
People like to forget that excellent PC version of Mordor and Mad Max came out after MKX and AK. And I haven't heard anything bad about any of the Lego games, so I assume those are good as well.

MKXL not coming to PC at all sucks, but clearly the highly modified UE3 frankenengine they used for MKX and AK was a pain the ass to work with so I'm not shocked.

These on the other hands are being ported to UE4 by Virtuos who seem to have a pretty good track record and at a glance the games seem look better than the existing PC versions.

I'd buy them.

Their past 3 lego games had major issues but they were fixed. I'm not writing of WB off but they are no longer Day One purchases.

redlacs

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sun and Moon -- MB-BB396BF83C00EDD3 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Consortium -- MB-FF5868450D9B4BDE - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Legendary -- MB-8F21CB815C059D17 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.

t1463587242z1.png

it depends

there is technically a fair amount of game left once you first reach lothric, if you are going to do all the optional parts

Without the 2 optional areas, there's 2 areas and the final boss left.
With the optional areas, there's 7* bosses left, but the maps for the optional areas are ridiculously small/short; one of those paths heavily recycles and the other path really only has a single boss.

It's definitely not anywhere near the DS2 experience when you first start exploring Drangleic (especially if you factor in the DLC areas which most probably wouldn't have gotten to prior to that point... this is partially unfair because no DLC has been delivered for DS3, but that's beyond player control right now).

Sega killing it with their PC push, as usual.

I know, right?

What was it someone said the other day in one of the group chats? I'm paraphrasing here, but I believe it was something like, "Thank God Grief made SEGA bend the knee and give us all of those quality games we wanted to see make it to PC. Like Sonic Lost Worlds."

And now we can add Motorsport Manager PC to that list. ;)

I'm officially older, so here's a bribe to keep you damn kids off my lawn!

Happy birthday. Nice giveaway.

Ludens

Banned
Any word on the humble bundle owners getting keys.

Yeah, forget it. SNK and DotEmu won't provide keys.

Playing Grim Fandango remastered and I'm wondering how the heck people can play this without a guide? How am I suppose to know I have to get a dead worm balloon and fill it then drop it down in the mail all so the mechanic has to open the door?

If you consider Grim hard, never try a Myst game.

kagamin

Feel free to spam me with messages if we get a Project Diva PC announcement ever, until then though I'll just use PPSSPP and my Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom