• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Thats why people bought VC. To first get a Sonic Game and then a smartphone spin-off!

We would have gotten those games anyway.

Also, for the "yeah, but what has Sega done for us lately?" people: they just completely overhauled that Genesis collection with added mod support and just announced Dawn of War 3.

zkylon

zkylewd
Stellaris' future updates should smooth out its rough edges. They've mentioned fleshing out the mid-game (which has less events and stuff) which will hopefully make it feel more alive during that period, and the AI updates will make it more competitive with players and other AI. I had a really peaceful game because I was surrounded by federation-builders or weak opportunist... I'd like to see more dynamism out there (it was all on the other side of the galaxy in my game).

If you're looking for more diplomacy and intrigue, CK2 is your best bet. It's difficult to get into, but gives some pretty interesting stories once you do. The RPG-like characters add a lot of flavour and personality to what would otherwise be a very sterile game of numbers.
yeah, probably

seems like stellaris is heading in a good direction, and idk if my issues with it are "mid-game" specific since as far as i can tell i should be in the early game?

i'm thinking this kinda like civ, u got the expansion stage as an early game, your relationship with other civs as a midgame and then resolving ur bigger objectives as a late game. right now i'd say i'm stretching my borders as much as possible and crashing into other empires and getting yelled at, but i definetely am not doing much more than focusing on my own territory, so idk

the updates seem cool, i kinda want to leave it and come back in like 6 months or something

Missed the release of the first Slain! patch.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/369070/announcements/detail/883081388676190465

See link for the plans for patch 2.
i really hope they turn the ship around, that game had a ton of potential

Phawx

I have a little more faith for Sega in their latest bit of activity with the mods for Sega roms. I'm hopeful for them.

Stall19

Playing Grim Fandango remastered and I'm wondering how the heck people can play this without a guide? How am I suppose to know I have to get a dead worm balloon and fill it then drop it down in the mail all so the mechanic has to open the door?

rtcn63

Playing Grim Fandango remastered and I'm wondering how the heck people can play this without a guide? How am I suppose to know I have to get a dead worm balloon and fill it then drop it down in the mail all so the mechanic has to open the door?

Everyone was on coke in the '80s and '90s

zkylon

zkylewd

yea the puzzles aren't good lol

The bird puzzle was when I officially lost any respect for the game's puzzle design

I have a little more faith for Sega in their latest bit of activity with the mods for Sega roms. I'm hopeful for them.
Actually SEGA is pretty forward thinking with PC support. Wish they got their "new" purchase ATLUS to think that way too.
Dragon's Dogma, Valkyrie Chronicles, Final Fantasy, all these games success must mean Yakuza, Vanquish and many others to be a matter of time. I want to believe that at least.
I'm officially older, so here's a bribe to keep you damn kids off my lawn!
Happy birthday. Sorry, can't do. I like your lawn.
New Indiegala bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/steamulating

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!
Death Goat (STEAM) +
Akane the Kunoichi (STEAM) +
Oknytt (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!
Blade Symphony (STEAM) +
Galacide (STEAM) +
Jackal (STEAM) +
Olympia Rising (STEAM) +
The Last Photon (STEAM) +
Our Love Will Grow (STEAM) +
The Dwarf Run (STEAM) +
Hero of the Kingdom II (STEAM) +
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (STEAM)

Hmm. I have almost everything except Olympia Rising which I would like.
Feels like Q.U.B.E was in a TON of bundles.

kagamin

I'm officially older, so here's a bribe to keep you damn kids off my lawn!

Exciting!
tumblr_ne5agufhDk1twn3nro1_500.gif

Nordicus

New Indiegala bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/steamulating

Pay only $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!
Blade Symphony (STEAM) +
Galacide (STEAM) +
Jackal (STEAM) +
Olympia Rising (STEAM) +
The Last Photon (STEAM) +
Our Love Will Grow (STEAM) +
The Dwarf Run (STEAM) +
Hero of the Kingdom II (STEAM) +
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (STEAM)

Hmm. I have almost everything except Olympia Rising which I would like.
Blade Symphony is the only fighting game I got sooooort of good at. It's lethal in a somewhat Bushido Blade kind of way. Really fun once you understand the combo system.

9bxNENP.gif

That character is all about acrobatic flanking moves, while my main character was about 1-2 shotting people with damaging counters. Doesn't have much in terms of speed or mobility, but the pressure of his single strong swings could be insane

Balthuk

So I just beat Freedom Planet, the 2d sonic game without sonic and it seems to have solved a lot of the problems the early games had. I haven't really played those 2d sonics but this game has whatever positive I gather those games have.
Really enjoyed my time with it.
Took me 5 1/2 hours, though I did need about half an hour to and hour for the last boss. I'll try the other 2 characters out, beat it with Lilac. The story cutscenes are supposed to be pretty bad, like sonic level bad but the game has a classic mode skipping all of those so it's cool.
Has been bundled a few times so I'm sure there are some cheap keys if you want to try it out.

Tizoc

So I just beat Freedom Planet, the 2d sonic game without sonic and it seems to have solved a lot of the problems the early games had. I haven't really played those 2d sonics but this game has whatever positive I gather those games have.
Really enjoyed my time with it.
Took me 5 1/2 hours, though I did need about half an hour to and hour for the last boss. I'll try the other 2 characters out, beat it with Lilac. The story cutscenes are supposed to be pretty bad, like sonic level bad but the game has a classic mode skipping all of those so it's cool.
Has been bundled a few times so I'm sure there are some cheap keys if you want to try it out.
Fp is a love letter to genesis/md platformers like rocket knight etc like how shovel knight is a callback to the nes

Parsnip

I seriously don't remember having a lot of trouble with Grim way back when it released.

I guess I have an pnc adventure brain.

looking at capcom's past release schedule, next port should be soon right!?
Maybe we will see wbacon at the PC gaming show.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Doomedfool, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition -- MB-EA7F4512842E5A63 - Taken by AsylumX. 52 entrants total.

t1463594227z1.png

Blade Symphony is the only fighting game I got sooooort of good at. It's lethal in a somewhat Bushido Blade kind of way. Really fun once you understand the combo system.

9bxNENP.gif

That character is all about acrobatic flanking moves, while my main character was about 1-2 shotting people with damaging counters. Doesn't have much in terms of speed or mobility, but the pressure of his single strong swings could be insane

is there local vs? controller support? it says partial so just wondering

Balthuk

Fp is a love letter to genesis/md platformers like rocket knight etc like how shovel knight is a callback to the nes

Fair enough, it's not like I have played those. Though the sonic influence is obvious. I remember reading that the game was a sonic fan game in the beginning.

Nordicus

is there local vs? controller support? it says partial so just wondering
Hmm, don't know about either since I last played it a good while ago and this game was pretty much designed mouse and keyboard first.

Here is the slow counter-oriented Judgment managing to blindside a spamming Phalanx (focused on thrusts and keeping distance) with a fully charged Heavy right-side attack. Webm is weirdly sped up a bit

https://fat.gfycat.com/EsteemedThisAsiaticmouflon.webm

The lines you see while he's charging up is the arc of the attack he's about to do

Uzzy

We would have gotten those games anyway.

Also, for the "yeah, but what has Sega done for us lately?" people: they just completely overhauled that Genesis collection with added mod support and just announced Dawn of War 3.

But don't you know that Football Manager, Relic's entire output and Creative Assembly's entire output don't count when it comes to SEGA on PC? I mean we're getting Total War: WARHAMMER on Tuesday. That's a bloody dream game that I've wanted for the past decade.

Kaleinc

Banned

9bxNENP.gif

What do we have here, Platinum style animation all right :)

Parsnip

But don't you know that Football Manager, Relic's entire output and Creative Assembly's entire output don't count when it comes to SEGA on PC? I mean we're getting Total War: WARHAMMER on Tuesday. That's a bloody dream game that I've wanted for the past decade.

If it's not of Japanese origin it doesn't count.

DUH.

Benedict

I'm having some difficulty understanding the logic of this.
I think I have lost some Sega Genesis/Megadrive games in my Steam-account.
2014 I bought this: SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack

Consisting of the following:
Toe Jam and Earl
Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 3
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 1
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4
Sonic 3D Blast

But according to my Steam account, I only have 26 Megadrive/genesis games, consisting of the following games/packs:

74rQPpj.png

Where have my games gone to?

Lomax

Valkyria Chronicles: 11th Nov. 2014 - SEGA
Sonic Lost World 2nd Nov. 2015 - SEGA

Neptunia 01 28th Jan. 2015
Neptunia 02 29th May 2015
Fairy Fencer F 4th Aug. 2015
Neptunia 03 30th Oct 2015
Hyperdimension Neptunia U 21st March 2016
Hyperdevotion Noire 26th April

Just strange, that a big company like SEGA releases two ports, while IF, a small company, can release 6 in just about 1 year.

Honestly, releasing six ports in one year was dumb. I enjoyed the first Neptunia but there were three more out by the time I finished it. Sales have dropped for each one. And what will they release once all of them are out? A more gradual release system makes more sense. One per year is slow, sure, but come November if Sega releases something people really want, it will be another best seller, and not just have a bunch of people thinking they really should get around to finishing VC or something similar.

Arthea

First episode of King's Quest is free on Steam, grab it while you can.

it looks like permanently free? at least you can't "add" it to your library, I was told this by several people, it just acts as f2p.

Honestly, releasing six ports in one year was dumb. I enjoyed the first Neptunia but there were three more out by the time I finished it. Sales have dropped for each one. And what will they release once all of them are out? A more gradual release system makes more sense. One per year is slow, sure, but come November if Sega releases something people really want, it will be another best seller, and not just have a bunch of people thinking they really should get around to finishing VC or something similar.

but you are kinda judging by yourself, there are people that played and finished all Nep games on my fl.
As for sales, they would have dropped anyway, let's just remember Trails here

Eila

They're still making Nep games, though. VII is coming to steam, so maybe VIII will be a simultaneous release.

Grief.exe

Htol getting killed in Steam reviews. Most likely attributed to the 30 FPS lock, but they were upfront about that in the Steam forums.

looking at capcom's past release schedule, next port should be soon right!?

I believe I saw the Capcom rep here on Gaf saying there was going to be something announced soon.

Wbacon has been teasing.

Every time I've talked to him over the past few years he's always teasing another PC release, and he's never been wrong.

IFI has at least two more Neptunia games to release on PC after V-2 arrives this summer, so it's not really a concern.

Sega is a massive company that has hundreds of older games that could be ported.
1 or 2 a year isn't cutting it.

The goalposts are always getting moved.

ArjanN

I'm having some difficulty understanding the logic of this.
I think I have lost some Sega Genesis/Megadrive games in my Steam-account.
2014 I bought this: SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack

Consisting of the following:
Toe Jam and Earl
Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 3
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 1
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4
Sonic 3D Blast

But according to my Steam account, I only have 26 Megadrive/genesis games, consisting of the following games/packs:

74rQPpj.png

Where have my games gone to?

Launch "SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" and see what games it shows in your collection on the shelf.

Arthea

In Sega's case it looks to me that Sega just isn't all that interested in porting, maybe they are so rich that they don't need more money, we just didn't get a memo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom