• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

I won this yesterday in mp1990's raffle but it didn't work for me so someone else can take it. It's region locked to EU i believe.

Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition

quote for the key and tell me if it works

mp1990

Banned
I won this yesterday in mp1990's raffle but it didn't work for me so someone else can take it. It's region locked to EU i believe.

That would be weird, considering I live in South America. Maybe it's a typo? I'll check it out once I arrive home.

Wbacon has been teasing.

Every time I've talked to him over the past few years he's always teasing another PC release, and he's never been wrong.

Nah, fam; I believe he flat out said stuff was coming to PC in the vein of Dragon's Dogma, that it was in the pipeline -- he just didn't give any indication as to what.

The goalposts are always getting moved.

I'm pretty sure from the start of that petition the goalposts were set to "Bring all the games that are not on PC to PC and we'll buy them." With examples given like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5.

After VC, which was a surprise because it was sort of a niche title, they gave us Sonic Lost World, Workshop support for Megadrive Classics, and now Motorsport Manager PC. The pace is slow enough that I don't think PepsimanVsJoe's criticism of their speed to be unfounded and the quality/desirability of the titles they are releasing definitely exacerbates that.

That would be weird, considering I live in South America? Maybe it's a typo? I'll check it out once I arrive home.

My Risen 2 Gold edition redeemed as an EU key. I thought it was weird, but it seems now that I might not have been the only one who got an EU key for something in the bundle...

Eila

That would be weird, considering I live in South America? Maybe it's a typo? I'll check it out once I arrive home.

Lol I just tried as I'm from Latin America and it's also locked for me. What's up with that? Maybe it's a Brazil locked key.
Looks like it is: https://steamdb.info/sub/26343/

picked up Salt and Sanctuary last night...already had a couple stupid deaths (tried to fight an enemy I shouldn't have) so I'm keeping my terrible at Souls games streak alive

went back through the opening couple areas a bit to grind back my lost Salt (Souls) so at least I didn't lose anything in the end except some time

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hotaru no Nikki gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yjg1GUZ9PY
Looks very similar to Dokuro's PC port. The assets defenitely look a bit blurry as they are 540p. It bothers me a bit that neither could get their own mouse cursor. The stock windows one looks so out of place.

Well that video sold me because the touch controls and physical controls for the game were awful on the Vita and it looks like they implemented the mouse correctly like I had wanted.

Going through this on Vita was a fucking nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

Grief.exe

Theres only 4 reviews and one of them is negative. What are you talking about?

I must have looked when it was 50/50, didn't look at the amount of reviews.

Sitting at 80% now, and hopefully continues to climb. Was worried that the game would get panned for something that is out of the console of NIS.

Corpekata

Banned
I must have looked when it was 50/50, didn't look at the amount of reviews.

Sitting at 80% now, and hopefully continues to climb. Was worried that the game would get panned for something that is out of the console of NIS.

It'll get panned because it's not a very good game.

Lomax

but you are kinda judging by yourself, there are people that played and finished all Nep games on my fl.
As for sales, they would have dropped anyway, let's just remember Trails here

Well yeah, I consider myself an average consumer for a game like this. And we complain that annual releases are excessive, but five games in a year isn't? It's not like they have to be "caught up" to same day release a new game. Maybe long term it really doesn't matter since the majority of sales will be at a discount anyway, but I think a happy medium between Sega and this would be more optimal for both the publishers and consumers. People have a finite amount of entertainment dollars to spend and if you're cannibalizing your own sales, that's a mistake.

Cool. Waiting for 1080/1070 or AMD Polaris cards?
I'm waiting for that hot
nine
70 to drop
into my price range
. There haven't been many around yet.

What CPU do you have? If it's within the past few years, it might actually be better than a 8600gt.
Unfortunately my CPU isn't better. I'm quite frugal in my tech purchases.

I wanted to post regularly with oddball games running on it. Recs for low end specs. I think I'll finish Ronin and then do Read Only Memories. The buddy who loaned me his card needed a pick up so we played through Chronicles of Mysteria this week. Cool game. I'll write it up later.

Thanks to Tizoc (and Crom) for that one!

I'm having some difficulty understanding the logic of this.
I think I have lost some Sega Genesis/Megadrive games in my Steam-account.
2014 I bought this: SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack

Consisting of the following:
Toe Jam and Earl
Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 3
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 1
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4
Sonic 3D Blast

But according to my Steam account, I only have 26 Megadrive/genesis games, consisting of the following games/packs:

74rQPpj.png

Where have my games gone to?
Right click on the game in the steam client and look at the DLC. The simplest explanation might be that you didn't redeem all your keys.

I took the game, thanks. Activated just fine by VPNing to Brasil and then starting Steam + activating key. I even installed the game and played it just to see if there are runtime locks. There are not.

Finished the whole Tutorial, landed on the beach and went to the first settlement even. The game is actually fun. Glorious B-movie shlock voice acting and writing but man, it's fun. Thank you.

Tizoc

The problem isn't time, it's the process. 1 year for a port lottery is a shit model.

The comparison to Idea Factory's games brings to light this though; aren't those games low budget compared to some of SEGA's outputs during the PS360 era?
Even still though I get what you mean and am now leaning more towards that they should aim at 2 games a year at least, but they should def. manage to convince SEGA of Japan to stop being a bunch of old fogies and just preserve their freakin' titles on Steam and watch the money roll in.

I guess SEGA of Japan cares only for the Yen though that shouldn't be surprising.

Endruen

Well that video sold me because the touch controls and physical controls for the game were awful on the Vita and it looks like they implemented the mouse correctly like I had wanted.

Going through this on Vita was a fucking nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

I feel you, bro. I played it with the analogs instead of the touch controls, but in this part the analogs hadn't enough precision, and I couldn't see shit with my big ass finger in the middle of the screen.
Excellent game, though.

The comparison to Idea Factory's games brings to light this though; aren't those games low budget compared to some of SEGA's outputs during the PS360 era?
Even still though I get what you mean and am now leaning more towards that they should aim at 2 games a year at least, but they should def. manage to convince SEGA of Japan to stop being a bunch of old fogies and just preserve their freakin' titles on Steam and watch the money roll in.

I guess SEGA of Japan cares only for the Yen though that shouldn't be surprising.

Then again, it's not about frequency, it's about game choice. It's painful to see that Valkyria Chronicles was just a random choice and despite it's overwhelming success, they didn't released more ports or ports people asked. When you go from VC and one year later Sonic Lost World, someone has been messing sth.

Tizoc

Then again, it's not about frequency, it's about game choice. It's painful to see that Valkyria Chronicles was just a random choice and despite it's overwhelming success, they didn't released more ports or ports people asked. When you go from VC and one year later Sonic Lost World, someone has been messing sth.

OK I know I shouldn't be saying this but
Y'all need to start really hatin' on SEGA of Japan.
No seriously think about it;
*they ruined their great success in the mid 90s
*They were more satisfied with their success in Japan with the Saturn than worldwide/in the west
*They couldn't win people back with the Dreamcast which got discontinued in under 5 years
*Nowadays? They prob. couldn't care less if their western divisions bring in a good revenue

It's rather hard not to push blame on SEGA of Japan as well, if not primarily, they've been running the show this past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom