• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Err....That Youtuber's Life game has Pokemon hats in the game

I doubt they had the licenses for it

Shocking how Liverpool disintegrated after a strong first half. Sevilla had better nerves and an incredible streak.
---
The Evolution of Dark Souls Level Design (and Bloodborne!)

A promising video by Super Bunnyhop. Fresh from the editing table. Can't wait till 1080p video is up.
---

Final Fantasy XV: World of Wonder #3

Environmental eyecandy trailer. This is gonna be really great once the all-but-official PC version comes
with better LOD, no dithering and better AA.

L.O.R.D

3FAF5171968D4B11FA3776225D98B29B91DAB400

WTF is this shit? why i need to rebind everything?

the problem if i need to rebind the control for the car,i need also to rebind for bikes ad menu
but i must not make the same button for binding.
eg: i must not assign RT to accelerate for car and bike,if i assigned to car first then went to bike control and chose RT for accelerate , it will delete the accelerate button for car.

this is really stupid.

GOTY so far is XCOM 2 easily.

gaf will prolly pick stardew valley

I haven't played XCom 2 but the launch weird performance issues and the general feel of the game not being fair at parts. As in XCom was tough but RNG wasn't as bad as it is in 2.

Kinda like the complaints when people went from Dark Souls 1 to 2, kind of.

Corpekata

Banned
I haven't played XCom 2 but the launch weird performance issues and the general feel of the game not being fair at parts. As in XCom was tough but RNG wasn't as bad as it is in 2.

Kinda like the complaints when people went from Dark Souls 1 to 2, kind of.

So, ones that were full of shit, basically?

Corpekata

Banned
WTF is this shit? why i need to rebind everything?

the problem if i need to rebind the control for the car,i need also to rebind for bikes ad menu
but i must not make the same button for binding.
eg: i must not assign RT to accelerate for car and bike,if i assigned to car first then went to bike control and chose RT for accelerate , it will delete the accelerate button for car.

this is really stupid.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Burnout_Paradise#Controller_not_recognized_at_launch

Try that?

I'm not entirely sure if the Soundodger key has been used or not.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soundodger Plus -- MB-A5C76121D9DF12BB - Taken by data. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-3D43D77956E1DD0C - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.

t1463611945z1.png

MattyG

Banned
I'm really struggling to install the Xbox One wireless adapter on Windows 7. Can't find the drivers, thought I did but then they won't install, Windows Update won't just do it automatically, etc, etc. Does anyone have a guide or anything on how to install the latest drivers for it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate when people shill games or say "buy this game!" to the point that it makes me actually NOT want the games(
*cough*rocketleague*cough*
) but yo Salt & Sanctuary is pretty good fam. Thats it, thats my one and only shill.

I will report on my progress tho :p

oh and speaking of shilling, kinda bummed that the Doom talk seems to have died down, as I was enjoying experiencing it by osmosis, especially those maps pictures :eek:

SteamGAF GOTY will be Dark Souls III.

Everyone here will forever live in shame if its not.

It probably won't be mine and I'm a huge Dark Souls fan. It might make the top five, it might not.
I mean, it's a solid enough game and it ticks all the boxes, but when I compare it to the older titles made by FROM, it just doesn't shine the same for me.
I'm curious to see how the DLC turns out -- usually in these games the DLC has been pretty top tier, but getting me to go back when I don't even want to finish another 1.5 playthroughs for the remaining achievements might be tough.

Granjinha

I kinda feel like the hand-wringing about SEGA is just fanxiety. The games aren't going anywhere, the company isn't going to go imminently bankrupt, it's not like the window is closing for subsequent ports or if they don't get them out now, they never will. They're still releasing stuff at a good clip and their public-facing claim is that PC gaming is a core part of their business and they're going to keep porting stuff. I feel like keeping a crazy person calendar on your wall where you cross over the number of days since a port you cared about released.

Since SEGA began to refocus on PC gaming, beyond their PC exclusives (Eastside Hockey Manager, for example, and all the Total War games, and Company of Heroes, and Dawn of War and rescuing the largely PC-only Warhammer license from THQ's reckage), they've also ported or re-ported or re-released:
- Updating Sega collection to support rom hacks as mods
- Sonic Lost World
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Typing of the Dead: Overkill (custom produced for PC)
- 6 Dreamcast ports
- Re-releases of Condemned and Viking on Steam

No, it's not everything they've ever released, and it's not an urgent mad dash to get their entire catalogue up on Steam (they're a pretty small company these days!). But it's slow, and it's steady, and they certainly aren't showing evidence they're off focusing on something else. They take full part in every sale, they're not threatening to leave Steam or running concurrent over the top services, and their multiplatform games consistently run well and receive good support on PC. They've also continued their pivot to being a western-first company, which bodes well for awareness of PC as a platform. Moreover, they've allowed Shenmue to be Kickstartered with Sony's help, but plan a PC release for that--and we know from recent reports that they're trying to figure out getting Shenmue 1 and 2 released.

I guess I don't see the reason for anxiety. If another 6 months go by and SEGA still hasn't unleashed a torrent of ports, then... like... ok? The games will still be there if they choose to later on. It's OK. And if they take so long that emulation of the 360/PS3 catch up, then you won't even need to wait to play the games.

I see replies that seem unusually worried about Sega's commitment to sparkle motion, and I'm like... huh? Not only do I not see the lack of commitment, I also don't quite get how it's the end of the world if they weren't.

Completely agree. The only thing i think that it's a bit strange is the priority they put on Sonic Lost World before other stuff, but, beyond that, they always showed commitment to the platform. And man, even surprising moves like the ROM thing with their collections. Totally didn't expect that. I think they and Capcom actually are actually pretty good. They take their time and launch great ports/games on PC.

Happy to see more publishers embracing Steam and PC Gaming, as it is my favorite platform. Hope that it pays off to all of them. (especially small ones like NiS and Spike Chunsoft ;-;)

yuraya

It probably won't be mine and I'm a huge Dark Souls fan. It might make the top five, it might not.
I mean, it's a solid enough game and it ticks all the boxes, but when I compare it to the older titles made by FROM, it just doesn't shine the same for me.
I'm curious to see how the DLC turns out -- usually in these games the DLC has been pretty top tier, but getting me to go back when I don't even want to finish another 1.5 playthroughs for the remaining achievements might be tough.

Don't know what more you want from DS3.

Best boss fights in the series.

Best enemy npc's in the series

Best music in the series.

Best graphics in the series.

:p

But yea I expect dlc to be good too. Still need to get on a good deal with the season pass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How long is Doom anyway? I heard it was quite a bit longer than the typical FPS these days

Don't know what more you want from DS3.

Best boss fights in the series.

Best enemy npc's in the series

Best music in the series.

Best graphics in the series.

:p

But yea I expect dlc to be good too. Still need to get on a good deal with the season pass.

I definitely don't agree with best boss fights. Most of them were disappointing or gimmicks that didn't work well, IMO.

It had some high points, but overall it just felt like I'd played it before. Maybe all of the throwbacks were too much for me, I don't know, but I know looking back on it, I'd currently put it at the bottom of the list.

Mind you, that's not saying it's a bad game, or even a bad souls game. I just liked the previous entries more.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't believe it.

It's probably just the software that runs on their "medical devices".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom