• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

8fmaBfq.gif

How hard region locked are the keys from the deep silver bundle? If I buy it in Australia will only other Australians be able to use them?

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls is all about patience. Those tested mine maybe a little too much. My second playthrough ended just after I finished that area again. I needed to move on to something else after doing that area twice in the span of a couple weeks.

that dungeon would've been great if it wasn't for those enemies

seriously they go against everything i hold dear about the souls series

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No Man's Sky is out next month right? Around E3 time?

Ghazi

It's by far the best version of the game out there: runs maxed with 60fps on my 970 (with occasional hitching on the 59-60 range which is kinda annoying but you get used to it).

Performance is great on my 970+Gsync. Maxxed with gameworks on,

AA is still bad (inject SMAA with reshade/sweetfx).

Worked fine for me.

i5-3570k
16gb RAM
GTX 970

Installed on the SSD.

Sweet, thanks for the responses guys. 60fps was what I wanted, will definitely pick it up soon.

How hard region locked are the keys from the deep silver bundle? If I buy it in Australia will only other Australians be able to use them?

Check SteamDB and see which of the games have Australia region locks.

I'm convinced the worst enemies in Souls 3 are these fucking guards with giant shields, giant swords, and giant maces. They never seem to get knocked back, hit real hard, and track you like crazy.

Hate them.

Rapport. It makes them brainless and easy. I wonder if I still have that webm somewhere...

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ds3.rapport_plus_executioners_greatsword.webm

What makes this potentially more broken than you probably realize is that the executioner's greatsword gives you +3 FP every time an enemy dies so long as it's equipped -- it doesn't need to make the killing blow even. So every 10 enemies you kill is a free cast of rapport.

i don't necessarily agree with all you say here but point is, there's a lot to ask for in dark souls 3

i think 2 and 3 are both disappointments for different reasons, but i beat dark souls 2 like 5 times and i kind of just wanted 3 to end by the time i was done with it

it just like, didn't even try to do the things i think it should have, it's such a safe game i feel like it lacks any real identity.

remember when there were rumors that you were gonna be able to like, make your own bonfires?

how cool would it have been if it had that?

i want that game, the one that took risks and changed things and felt like a leap forward, not just correcting course on a couple of bad things from dks2 and calling it a day

sadly that's not the game we got

it's really hard when i'm stuck in ng farming swordgrass bullshit because from wanted to force bad multiplayer on me

i know that achievements are stupid to begin with but i've done all achievements in all souls games, it feels weird to give up on them on the 4th one

If you're going for achievements, it's pretty stupid to call them stupid. it probably means you're stupid. ;)

Beyond that, for the most part I can think of a lot of things I feel Dark Souls 2 (especially SotFS) did better than the 3rd entry...

Jawmuncher

I've just been sitting here playing games from February. Haven't played more than 2 stages of doom, because I don't want to keep playing it while i'm trying to finish another game.

kagamin

Maybe I should try Momodora: RUtM on higher difficulties later, after I play several more hours of 100% Orange Juice and One Way Heroics Plus of course.

What if new people decide to just fuck up the new dragons though, we could make a game out of that... it would be called... Dragon's Dogma.
I actually have no idea what these new dragons you speak of, the past games pretty much said the gods didn't wipe the dragons out completely.

zkylon

zkylewd
If you're going for achievements, it's pretty stupid to call them stupid. it probably means you're stupid. ;)
uh, idk what u mean

i think achievements are dumb but i kind of like them as a goal that makes me explore more of what the game has to offer, specially for games i enjoy playing in the first place

i liked it most in dks2 because it just meant "play the game a bunch"

Beyond that, for the most part I can think of a lot of things I feel Dark Souls 2 (especially SotFS) did better than the 3rd entry...
both games have great stuff to them, i like both games a lot

ExoSoul

Banned
Wait a minute...
if the dragons are revived by the new age of ancients... wouldn't a new age of fire be possible
? :p

That's not what caused the first flame. Dragons ruled the land because they were imortals, with the power of the flame and with Seaths betrayal humans were able to oppose dragons for once.

Also please note that in DS "god" is used as a title when mentioning Gwyn.

And regarding DS3 it seems that more than one party is interested in letting the fire fade,

So basically what if there's another everlasting dragon dude to get rekt by some new guys?

The everlasting dragon wasn't rekt, hence why you can find him at the Ashen Lake...

yuraya

i don't necessarily agree with all you say here but point is, there's a lot to ask for in dark souls 3

i think 2 and 3 are both disappointments for different reasons, but i beat dark souls 2 like 5 times and i kind of just wanted 3 to end by the time i was done with it

it just like, didn't even try to do the things i think it should have, it's such a safe game i feel like it lacks any real identity.

remember when there were rumors that you were gonna be able to like, make your own bonfires?

how cool would it have been if it had that?

i want that game, the one that took risks and changed things and felt like a leap forward, not just correcting course on a couple of bad things from dks2 and calling it a day

sadly that's not the game we got

Sounds like you are suffering from Souls fatigue if anything.

I think adding such drastic features (like custom bonfires) is too risky for a series that has such a big cult following. It will be better off implemented in a new ip.

Miyazaki did a great job to wrap up the trilogy imo. And they did some new stuff like turning the game into a darker and more gothic experience. Some of the enemy sounds and voices were very creepy. The weirdness in this game went up to max level. Its something DS2 and DS1 didn't have at all. It probably didn't mean much for most others because Bloodborne came out but I haven't played it so I can't correlate anything with it to DS3. DS3 felt very distinct for me. It felt like a unique and special entry in the trilogy. And that is without dlc.

Lain

Finished The Darkness II.
The story ended in such an obvious way that it almost felt disappointing. The gameplay was OK but certain bugs (the DOF one mainly) really made it annoying to play: nothing like feeling your vision has gone bad because the game bugs out and blurs the whole screen and it stays blurred unless you force a screen reset from the option menu changing resolution or AR etc.

I've got to decide if I want to play new game+ and see what changes picking a different choice at the end, or delete the game to free precious space.

Amzin

Anyone else had Paypal issues trying to buy from nuuvem? It's just giving me a generic error about being idle too long and logging me off and to restart my purchase. I've cleared cookies from nuuvem + paypal and it always gives me that error, there's no login screen ever anymore. But if I go to paypal.com I can log in fine and see nothing weird :l

Anyone else had Paypal issues trying to buy from nuuvem? It's just giving me a generic error about being idle too long and logging me off and to restart my purchase. I've cleared cookies from nuuvem + paypal and it always gives me that error, there's no login screen ever anymore. But if I go to paypal.com I can log in fine and see nothing weird :l

Isn't this because some games require South american PayPal accounts now? Otherwise no clue.

Amzin

Isn't this because some games require South american PayPal accounts now? Otherwise no clue.

I dunno? Maybe. Was trying to buy AC:Syndicate DLC and didn't see anything that would mark it as especially restricted. Last thing I successfully bought on Nuuvem was Gungeon I think a few weeks ago, now just trying this tonight and no luck. I think it's Paypal being uppity though, since the option to log in (after I've logged out + cleared cookies) isn't even popping up, even if I am in incognito mode. I know that Paypal autopay thing can be super buggy so I'm hoping if I just try again tomorrow it'll work.

Adnor

Banned
I can barely undestand english and spanish, I can't learn another language!

^^^ I don't think they put anything in the store that says if the game has the SA PayPal restriction, it will just not let you buy.

Amzin

I can barely undestand english and spanish, I can't learn another language!

^^^ I don't think they put anything in the store that says if the game has the SA PayPal restriction, it will just not let you buy.

Sure, but again... I'm not getting the option to log in to Paypal, at all. I am logged out of Paypal, in incognito mode, cookies all cleared, and there's no way to log in. So how does it know what kind of Paypal account I have?

Some googling turns up that this is probably Paypal either massively glitching out or thought I was doing some kind of fraud (even though I've used it 8+ times on nuuvem), although that doesn't explain how they're preventing me from being able to log in using a different account when I wipe everything. I'll have to try from my laptop or something I guess if it doesn't work tomorrow.

I dunno? Maybe. Was trying to buy AC:Syndicate DLC and didn't see anything that would mark it as especially restricted. Last thing I successfully bought on Nuuvem was Gungeon I think a few weeks ago, now just trying this tonight and no luck. I think it's Paypal being uppity though, since the option to log in (after I've logged out + cleared cookies) isn't even popping up, even if I am in incognito mode. I know that Paypal autopay thing can be super buggy so I'm hoping if I just try again tomorrow it'll work.

Nuuvem checks twice for region sometimes: First your IP address, which can be gotten around through a VPN. Second, some games will check your payment region, so unless you have a Brazilian CC or Paypal account, you cannot buy these games. Enter the Gungeon only checks the first (IP) and does not check payment region. Other games, like Blazblue CP check both. The only way around this, outside of getting a payment method from Brazil, is to get a someone with a viable IP/payment combo from SA to purchase for you and paypal them the money.

Tellaerin

I'm not sure why, but those Overwatch comics annoy the hell out of me. I think it's the gratuitous pidgin English. It just feels... I dunno, mocking?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hows Salt doing? The highest I saw it was above FFX and Total War Warhammer for a bit but it quickly fell back down

kagamin

I wonder how low the new Homefront will hit during the Summer sale, if it's 40 USD or lower I'll consider it, 30 USD is a good spot though imo.

While I'm not interested in buying it or anything, Homefront 2 does make me wonder what the biggest discount has been in a game's first sale. There's probably plenty of bundle games that go from $1 to a dime or something, so the answer's probably more interesting for bigger titles.

Wild guess: 50% discount on some mid-tier AA game, like Risen 3.

Q5kUXl1.gif

Let's find out what Hanzo is saying shall we?
Thanks for posting this in Discord Messiah:
tumblr_o7c0zgcBqJ1r3g97ao1_1280.png

I don't know why, but I really like the crazy translation breaking everything down. It is... ... ...
tanoshii
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom