• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Dota 2 is being prepped for Vulkan API support. A Valve employee posted on reddit that they expect to release it next week.

In other news I'm on an 8 game losing streak in Dota and tilting really bloody hard right now :\

Any thoughts on DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours? It's low enough at Humble Bundle I'm thinking of grabbing it but I've never played a game in the series. I prefer R-Type style of shoot-em-ups over many of the bullet hell games (though I did get really into Trouble Witches Neo years ago).

Reviews look pretty good but they're also likely from really big fans so I'm curious more as a first-time player into the series.

Petz Catz 2, Petz Dogz 2 and World in Conflict being gone from steam as of 10h ago (All Ubi games)

2016-05-19_10-33-50.jpg

Any word if this is a paid or free upgrade for existing owners of the original?
I have no idea, sorry.

Monooboe

Ok Doom is so damn good! Glad it runs so well also, I might not get 60 but at least it's playable. Only think that bugs me is when missing a secret and you can't go backwards, so you have to replay the whole level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
5 bosses down, rank 3 greathammer / greataxe perk aquired

giphy.gif

dies to trash mob after the boss again

tumblr_m52b1yqnyN1r4u631o2_500.gif

No matter what I won't be replaying this peace of cheating game. The enemies are cheaters, using wall hack, auto aim, and bullets/rockets that hit you no matter how covered you are.

The most annoying thing for me was the absence of manual saves, as the game only used checkpoints. Thankfully they added them in this version. Should make things more manageable.

Arthea

I don't get it, Hard Reset still looks good, are they moving it to new engine or something?

this era will be remembered as redux everything

Deques

You can only enter for games you don't own and you have to activate your wins or you will be suspended.

Oh, I forgot about it. Removed my entry, because I don't want it anyway

I don't get it, Hard Reset still looks good, are they moving it to new engine or something?

this era will be remembered as redux everything

They redux it just to release to Xbox One and PS4

redlacs

New store page.

many people found it boring very soon, including myself, during the first playthrough. i think the problem was with all the weapon upgrades not becoming available soon enough, making the game feel like a bland shooter. however, once you learn all the cool tricks that you can pull by fast switching weapons and mods, like pulling enemies and flamable barrells together with gravity grenades, locking them within a time dilating bubble, shooting the barrell with a rifle and watch from a safe distance the result of adding a couple of heat seeking missiles to the mix, suddently it becames fun extraordinare! especially if you're brave enough to aim for unlocking all achievements which included beating every level on highest difficulty without dying, making the second playthough compared to the first feel like day and night.

added dash and melee in the redux already sounds like new fun to be experimented with, especially when new enemies and rebalanced pacing is promised too.

its not CoD and its not Serious Sam. it takes some effort to play it the right way but then it becomes very satisfying fps. very much looking forward to it!

Corpekata

Banned
header.jpg

it will be funny if shinovi versus is cheaper then this DLC.

why every DLC for DOA5 is very expansive?

Because they know the fanbase for costumes like these are obsessive with expendeable income that are willing to be fleeced so they can dress up their waifu.

Saty

Take 2 on Xcom 2:
Sales of the title have exceeded our expectations and are higher than the PC version of its predecessor, XCOM: Enemy Unknown during the same period after the launch. XCOM 2 is being supported with an array of add-on content, including the Anarchy's Children and Alien Hunters packs that are available now, which should enable XCOM 2 to achieve the long tail success that Firaxis Games strategy titles typically experienced.

Nordicus

Oh wow, Satellite Reign's prototype loot is randomized. The replay value of this game suddenly shot up.
many people found it boring very soon, including myself, during the first playthrough. i think the problem was with all the weapon upgrades not becoming available soon enough, making the game feel like a bland shooter. however, once you learn all the cool tricks that you can pull by fast switching weapons and mods, like pulling enemies and flamable barrells together with gravity grenades, locking them within a time dilating bubble, shooting the barrell with a rifle and watch from a safe distance the result of adding a couple of heat seeking missiles to the mix, suddently it becames fun extraordinare! especially if you're brave enough to aim for unlocking all achievements which included beating every level on highest difficulty without dying, making the second playthough compared to the first feel like day and night.

added dash and melee in the redux already sounds like new fun to be experimented with, especially when new enemies and rebalanced pacing is promised too.

its not CoD and its not Serious Sam. it takes some effort to play it the right way but then it becomes very satisfying fps. very much looking forward to it!
Hard Reset gave me better lasting impression than Shadow Warrior did, definitely. The upgrades just got better towards the end and the significant ones were more plentiful. The bossfights were better too.

No "+10% damage against lesser demons!" crap, or dual SMGs being the answer to every bossfight.

derExperte

People ask why I win shit all the time. Yes it is hard earned karma, look at what I'm putting up with here. I deserve everything I get, I deserve much more, it barely registers compared to my daily mental anguish.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gemini: Heroes Reborn (KEY DOES NOT WORK IN GERMANY) -- MB-1C4798F4843B9540 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 6 entrants total.

t1463664012z1.png

Considering the non-existent communication so far I'm assuming they'll never remove the lock.

Finished Danganrona 2.
Didnt understand one thing:

Nagitos VA is the same as Makotos, he is also the Ultimate Lucky Student same as Makoto and has the same "face". Also he talked about battling the Ultimate Despair on that ship when they still had the memories.
I dont really get that.
If he was a member of those Despair-students, why did he want to battle the Despair?

The trials were not really fun though. A lot of things felt totally random. And the minigames werent fun. The investigation parts were also totally short like 10-15 minutes, while the trial takes long just because those minigames drag on and on.

Corpekata

Banned
Finished Danganrona 2.
Didnt understand one thing:

Nagitos VA is the same as Makotos, he is also the Ultimate Lucky Student same as Makoto and has the same "face". Also he talked about battling the Ultimate Despair on that ship when they still had the memories.
I dont really get that.
If he was a member of those Despair-students, why did he want to battle the Despair?

The trials were not really fun though. A lot of things felt totally random. And the minigames werent fun. The investigation parts were also totally short like 10-15 minutes, while the trial takes long just because those minigames drag on and on.

It's just meant to be a subversion of the trope. You go in expecting him to be Makoto 2.0 complete with speeches about hope and then it gets amped up to 11 and he's crazypants.

He is the same as them, he's just delusional about it. He's a case like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun and got swallowed up in Junko's influence.

Ludens

Banned
An interesting thing:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/JRbKx/vac-for-idling

This dude got VAC banned from Steam and he doesn't know why, he supposed it was for idling.
I was curious and I checked his profile, thinking "well, another cheater crying for nothing".

But he played a lot of CS:GO, but last year, so that shouldn't cause a ban, not with a difference of one year.

And by reading the thread, it seems he got VAC banned because he used a public phone number. Very strange, and I'm curious about the reason using a public phone number causes a VAC ban, the only thing I can think about is the fact someone else used the same number and got VAC banned, so now all the account using that same number will get banned too.

An interesting thing:

This dude got VAC banned from Steam and he doesn't know why, he supposed it was for idling.
I was curious and I checked his profile, thinking "well, another cheater crying for nothing".

But he played a lot of CS:GO, but last year, so that shouldn't cause a ban, not with a difference of one year.

And by reading the thread, it seems he got VAC banned because he used a public phone number. Very strange, and I'm curious about the reason using a public phone number causes a VAC ban, the only thing I can think about is the fact someone else used the same number and got VAC banned, so now all the account using that same number will get banned too.

You can get banned if another account has the same phone number as yours and that other account cheated.

Ludens

Banned
You can get banned if another account has the same phone number as yours and that other account cheated.

Umh, yeah I know, I write it in my post too. In fact I wrote my only guess is this duded used a public phone number already used by someone who cheated and got VAC banned.

Deques

I am starting to hiding games in my library using Depressurizer. This will make it easier for me to find what game to play next. It's not easy task but I hope I don't have to go through my library an hour every time to find a game to play.

267 games of 2206 are hidden now. I need to hide more than 1000 before I am satisfied

Ludens

Banned
Anyway I'm playing Dreadout: Keepers of the Dark and...sadly it's not good, not good at all.
I loved the first Dreadout, it was really a surprise, it was a bit rusty because the team hadn't so man money to invest in the project, but the game resulted to be very good in the end.
Sadly Keepers of the Dark is nothing like that.
It seems just a rushed, quick title with rehashed content to make some easy money out of it.
First, it's bugged. I can't play it by using a pad, because Linda keeps switching between both cameras and I can't do nothing to avoid it.
Second, is very unpolished. There's this input lag in the moment you raise your camera to snap a photo making the game VERY hard and frustrating with moving targets like that freaking horse boss fight and even the medusa head, like the very first boss.
I spent two hours on those, 1 hour each, because controls keep joking at me.
And too often, and this is a MAJOR thing devs need to fix, when a boss hits you, and you are standing up, he hits you again, stun locking you in the place until you die.
Guess what? when you resurrect, since you resurrect in the same place, often the boss is still here, hitting you when you are in the middle of the "resurrection" animation, having no control over Linda. And this results in another game over.

Luckily until now I only met two bosses with this awesome pattern of attacks.

The second big problem is the game is just a series of boss fights in locations from the main game. The game starts with Linda in a hallway with 8 doors, each door leads to a location with one or two boss fights. There are collectibles, you are also forced to revisit some locations if you want to beat the game with 100%, but in the end there are only boss fights, with no plot, no cutscenes, no story progression, nothing.

The good thing is stand-alone DLC is very cheap(honestly it should be cheaper n my opinion, like 4€ would be right), if you liked Dreadout give it a try, but only on sale.
If you never played Dreadout, buy the base game and not this.

EDIT: Well, I completed the DLC. Nothing much is different, at least three bosses are a pain in the ass, including the VERY boring final one, sadly VERY easy but also very annoying to fight. If you liked Dreadout, take this DLC too, but be aware, is nothing more than a boss rush mode.
Public phone number? I didn't know this was a thing. What is it anyway?
Dunno, it's the first time I hear such a thing.

Deques

An interesting thing:

Public phone number? I didn't know this was a thing. What is it anyway?

Momentary

Banned
Any thoughts on DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours? It's low enough at Humble Bundle I'm thinking of grabbing it but I've never played a game in the series. I prefer R-Type style of shoot-em-ups over many of the bullet hell games (though I did get really into Trouble Witches Neo years ago).

Reviews look pretty good but they're also likely from really big fans so I'm curious more as a first-time player into the series.

THe game has simple graphics and repeats a lot of the stages, but it just clicks with me. There are so many ship variations with unique skill based mechanics, ridiculous amounts of stages, tons of bosses with variations, an arcade port with even more modes inside of it, Chronicle Savious mode, a DLC mode which adds 6 new ships, and it also has great music. I was not a DARIUS or much of a horizontal shooter fan before this, but I ended up sinking close to a hundred hours in this game and I don't think I'm close to finish CS mode.

Most of the complaints stem from the price and the reuse of stages which are both bullocks to me. You got one guys falsely stating 5 bosses (with variations) with 5 stages. There are 16 unique bosses. Even the boss variations come at you with different models (more armor, more transformations, etc.) and a slew of new attacks (which brings the boss count up to 24.). Even the DLC that people were hesitant about at first was actually pretty expansive, and if they continue, will basically give you a way to do practice runs on bosses/stages. The game has seen constant updates since release with the last one being on May 9th.

With the summer sale coming up you'd probably be better off waiting if you're not a die hard shoot'em up fan since it is a bit pricey. You'd probably be able to pick up the DLC too in a single swipe by then. But to me this was the STG of the year last year.

I know I'm all over the place with my rambling, but it's because I need to work and don't have time to think lol.

Just got the Mighty No 9 survey. I'm between redeeming the Steam or PSN version.

I mean, I prefer to play the PC version, but having the game for PS4/PS3/Vita is tempting.

It's probably going to suck anyway so I'm not even that sure If I will try it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom