• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Doom finally downloaded. I launched the game and was having some performance issues. Basically the game was stuck around 40fps regardless of settings, low, ultra whatever. Downloaded the new Nvidia 365.19 driver set and that fixed it. Now I'm getting 80+ on ultra. A friend of mine with an AMD gpu was having problems as well until he downloaded beta drivers for his card. So yeah, definitely play the game with the latest drivers regardless of which vendor you use.

Also the game is super fun to play. I wish the combat feedback was a little better and I was slightly baffled that the game has mouse acceleration on by default (can be disabled with a cvar) but other than that it's incredibly good. Almost no compromises to the Doom gameplay that you would expect. It's a shame Bethesda's marketing department dropped the ball so hard on this game. It only has 335k owners on Steam and it deserves so much more.

L.O.R.D

Just got the Mighty No 9 survey. I'm between redeeming the Steam or PSN version.

I mean, I prefer to play the PC version, but having the game for PS4/PS3/Vita is tempting.

It's probably going to suck anyway so I'm not even that sure If I will try it :lol
Get it on PS VITA,then you can get it on PC later for cheap on many sites.
on PSN there is only one place to buy it,unlike steam.

ArjanN

I'm not sure why, but those Overwatch comics annoy the hell out of me. I think it's the gratuitous pidgin English. It just feels... I dunno, mocking?

If I remember correctly the whole running joke of that webcomic is that the main characters are typical anime weeaboos who insert unnecessary Japanese everywhere. I.e. that's the joke.

Corpekata

Banned
If I remember correctly the whole running joke of that webcomic is that the main characters are typical anime weeaboos who insert unnecessary Japanese everywhere. I.e. that's the joke.

I'm not sure it's that self aware.

At least, I can't imagine a comic series lasting very long given it's a one note joke and the only people that probably get half the shit are other weeaboos.

Grief.exe

So Doom finally downloaded. I launched the game and was having some performance issues. Basically the game was stuck around 40fps regardless of settings, low, ultra whatever. Downloaded the new Nvidia 365.19 driver set and that fixed it. Now I'm getting 80+ on ultra. A friend of mine with an AMD gpu was having problems as well until he downloaded beta drivers for his card. So yeah, definitely play the game with the latest drivers regardless of which vendor you use.

Also the game is super fun to play. I wish the combat feedback was a little better and I was slightly baffled that the game has mouse acceleration on by default (can be disabled with a cvar) but other than that it's incredibly good. Almost no compromises to the Doom gameplay that you would expect. It's a shame Bethesda's marketing department dropped the ball so hard on this game. It only has 335k owners on Steam and it deserves so much more.

What's the cvar for removing acceleration? I have the mouse smoothing ones from the performance thread.

Red Hood

Banned
1 year anniversary of 2015's GOTY
EN_Birthdaycard_1920x1080.jpg

Undertale came out in September, tho

image.php

The dev is dead but here's the last DLC for Sword Coast Legends and it's free: http://steamcommunity.com/games/325600/announcements/detail/957391314018593015

And 50% discount.

I was hoping that this game would turn out at least pretty good, but the reviews are pretty brutal.

And then there's this one: reference, reference, reference!

Honestly, I'd like another Dark Alliance game. Pillars and Divinity seem to be taking the reins for turn-based.

Monooboe

I am starting to hiding games in my library using Depressurizer. This will make it easier for me to find what game to play next. It's not easy task but I hope I don't have to go through my library an hour every time to find a game to play.

267 games of 2206 are hidden now. I need to hide more than 1000 before I am satisfied

It feels great to have hidden a bunch of games. I try to keep my visible games under 200. So now I have 1100 hidden games.:D

I hid around 200 games on my Steam but it's all stuff I know I will never play. I would like to clean it up a bit more but not sure which games I should just hide. How are you guys organizing yours?

Let's find out what Hanzo is saying shall we?
Thanks for posting this in Discord Messiah:
http://67.media.tumblr.com/b4493a63b2864b5566136d4f53c56700/tumblr_o7c0zgcBqJ1r3g97ao1_1280.png
I don't get it.
People ask why I win shit all the time. Yes it is hard earned karma, look at what I'm putting up with here. I deserve everything I get, I deserve much more, it barely registers compared to my daily mental anguish.
RINPf6d.gif

derExperte basically lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I thought of double dipping to play Witcher 3 on Xbone now instead of waiting to get my desktop set back up, but now I'm playing the 360 version of Witcher 2 and I DEFINITELY want to play Witcher 3 on PC because of one thing: Item weight.

What a fun-killing load of bullshit.

I feel so stupid when I play Dark Soul 1 and I play on KB/M.

I look at what keys do what in combat and I genuinely wonder how am i'am supposed to remember this. Why do I continually get fucked over because I have no Xbox 360 controller?

I love this game but god, I feel so stupid and my playstyle suffers for it.

I read the messages but the controls are Xbox and I look at what the KB/M equivalent and my brain boggles at how i'am supposed to remember this?

Yeah I sound salty as hell about not being defeat the Asylum Demon but how and why do I not understand what parry and riposte mean or what key is dashing?

Am I dumb or are those movement/combat controls on KB/M in this game insane?

New Potato Masher video. Need for Speed on a $375 PC - PC vs PS4 - Need for Speed Graphics Comparison

Before learning about this video series, I always believed a similarly priced/specced PC would loose quickly to consoles because of easier and better optimization due to fixed hardware. Really turned my opinion hard, seeing how still after all these years Potato Masher still is not only formidable to PS4 experience but by nature of customization has a real advantage.
Excited to see how PS4K and tail-end of PS4 will affect the Potato Masher.

I feel so stupid when I play Dark Soul 1 and I play on KB/M.

I look at what keys do what in combat and I genuinely wonder how am i'am supposed to remember this. Why do I continually get fucked over because I have no Xbox 360 controller?

I love this game but god, I feel so stupid and my playstyle suffers for it.

I read the messages but the controls are Xbox and I look at what the KB/M equivalent and my brain boggles at how i'am supposed to remember this?

Yeah I sound salty as hell about not being defeat the Asylum Demon but how and why do I not understand what parry and riposte mean or what key is dashing?

Am I dumb or are those movement/combat controls on KB/M in this game insane?

I believe the kb/m controls for DkS1 are batshit but I think they fixed it in the sequels. I feel like I remember Durante talking about it in a port report.

Phawx

New Potato Masher video. Need for Speed on a $375 PC - PC vs PS4 - Need for Speed Graphics Comparison

Before learning about this video series, I always believed a similarly priced/specced PC would loose quickly to consoles because of easier and better optimization due to fixed hardware. Really turned my opinion hard, seeing how still after all these years Potato Masher still is not only formidable to PS4 experience but by nature of customization has a real advantage.
Excited to see how PS4K and tail-end of PS4 will affect the Potato Masher.

Is there going to be a potatomasher 4.5?

Hektor

Dark souls is honestly the last game id want to play with keyboard and mouse. Some games are just better on one method than on the other. Just like I wouldn't play CS with pad.

Fox318

Up to the second chapter in Trails in the Sky.

Loving the game but I wish there was a way to backtrack and buy every newspaper. I forgot to read the first one.

I believe the kb/m controls for DkS1 are batshit but I think they fixed it in the sequels. I feel like I remember Durante talking about it in a port report.

Are there any mods besides DSFIX that I can download on the Dark Soul 1 mod nexus that makes those controls a little less infuriating? I appreciate you people tolerating my saltiness about Dark Souls but fuuuuucck those awful controls.

Dark souls is honestly the last game id want to play with keyboard and mouse. Some games are just better on one method than on the other. Just like I wouldn't play CS with pad.

Don't have the money for a PC compatible Xbox 360 controller and trying to save up money so I can move out of my dad's house.

Roarer

Don't have the money for a PC compatible Xbox 360 controller and trying to save up money so I can move out of my dad's house.

Honestly, I would hold off on playing the game if I were you. It's 5 years old, if you've waited this long to play it then you can wait until you can get yourself a decent gamepad. Some games aren't meant for KB&M...

Eila

Up to the second chapter in Trails in the Sky.

Loving the game but I wish there was a way to backtrack and buy every newspaper. I forgot to read the first one.

Some of them you can eventually find them later on, but not all of them. I don't remember if you can buy the first one again.
Sadly, that and specially the books are really hard to get without a guide. I just enjoyed the game while trying to get most of it. I ended up missing one mission in FC and a couple in SC.

kagamin

Some of them you can eventually find them later on, but not all of them. I don't remember if you can buy the first one again.
Sadly, that and specially the books are really hard to get without a guide. I just enjoyed the game while trying to get most of it. I ended up missing one mission in FC and a couple in SC.

I talked to every single NPC I could find after every event that changed stuff and I still missed out on some stuff. :p

Eila

I talked to every single NPC I could find after every event that changed stuff and I still missed out on some stuff. :p

Me too. Even if there was a dramatic scene. I calmly walked out and went to talk to the townsfolk to see what they had to say, best I could. I did skip SOME of it, like, walking all the way to a gate to see what a random guard had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom