• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Don't have the money for a PC compatible Xbox 360 controller and trying to save up money so I can move out of my dad's house.

Do you have any other controller in the house? There's quite a few that might work on PC without any add-ons. DS3, DS4, Wii U Pro, XB1, Wired 360. I think you can even use the gamepad.

Teppic

Free cards.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Chip #2 -- MB-769B8505450C58F4
Chip #3 -- MB-202DCA791796B4CB - Taken by krczt23
Chip #4 -- MB-21C87DF303019F1C - Taken by OmarYusaf
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-013E4A9A37524D51 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Circuits -- MB-18AFC5276437E310 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Chip -- MB-2286DE51328985D1 - Taken by Jalal
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-0FEB815CAE8BD80D
Circuits #2 -- MB-2BABB4FF42B73B82 - Taken by alr1ght
Circuits #3 -- MB-491ECD35AE643B23 - Taken by Zeeman
Endorlight -- MB-89CDDAA673EA123B - Taken by Catshade
Circuits #4 -- MB-CC5C4855DCB4E455 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Fox318

Me too. Even if there was a dramatic scene. I calmly walked out and went to talk to the townsfolk to see what they had to say, best I could. I did skip SOME of it, like, walking all the way to a gate to see what a random guard had to say.

The game is so good. It funny that I was hesitant because I don't really have much experience with JRPGs but I'm loving it.

Monooboe

I hid around 200 games on my Steam but it's all stuff I know I will never play. I would like to clean it up a bit more but not sure which games I should just hide. How are you guys organizing yours?

I pretty much just have category for "Playing", "Maybe", "Multiplayer" and "New DLC". Once I'm done with a game I just uninstall it and hide it.

Doomedfool

The dev is dead but here's the last DLC for Sword Coast Legends and it's free: http://steamcommunity.com/games/325600/announcements/detail/957391314018593015

WGOZmpo.png

And 50% discount.

Even a Forgotten Realms game that was pretty much doa still need to make sure they get Drizzt in there somewhere. I read and enjoyed the first 9 or 10 books with him, so maybe I am part of the problem, but at some point they need to come up with a new mascot. :p

Anyone having issues staying logged into HumbleBundle.com? It logs me out every time I close the browser. Wonder if it's a browser issue? I cleared cookies and logged back in but that didn't help.

venomenon

I hid around 200 games on my Steam but it's all stuff I know I will never play. I would like to clean it up a bit more but not sure which games I should just hide. How are you guys organizing yours?
Categories that work for me:

Currently playing (usually like 5-20 games I played in the last month or so)
Started playing, will continue
Beaten, will go for more achievements
Beaten, 100%
Done with it
4 "TODO" categories with priorities (the lowest of which contains games I will definitely not play, so they could as well be hidden)
Trash (Betas, separate multiplayer entries, ..., could be hidden as well)

Prioritising the games is a nightmare obviously, but once it's done, it's really helpful IMO.

Banished recently got an update.
Changelog:[URL="http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2016-05-19-1-0-5/"]
[/URL]
Changes in 1.0.5:

– UTF8 is now used instead of USC2.
– Resource files can be in UTF8, USC2, UTF16, big and little endian. They’ll be converted to UTF8 on load.
– Memory usage allowance has been increased to 1 gigabyte, which should allow for larger mods.
– All materials now use custom shading language SRSL instead of HLSL.
– Any mods with custom materials will need to be modified to point to the new shaders and/or use SRSL.
– Math library can now be compiled without the need for SIMD instructions.
– OpenGL is now supported (but isn’t currently being released with the PC version)
– Data compilation is now in a separate DLL – CompileWin.dll – this can be swapped out for other platforms (consoles, mac, linux, etc)
– Shader compiler is now in it’s own DLL. Video DX9/DX11/GL dlls are no longer required for compiling shaders.
– Added safety code to check for invalid and dangling pointers – this should make catching hard to find and rare issues easier.
– Sped up mod details dialog for massive mods that have 10000’s of files included. This should make looking at conflicts and uploading to Steam workshop easier.
– Beta Mods and Mods newer than the currently released version can no longer be uploaded to Steam Workshop.
– Nvidia and AMD GPUs in laptops should now be auto selected for use, instead of an Intel Integrated card.
– Textile limit is now available for modders to use.
– Cropfields, Fishing, Forester, Hunters, Orchards, and Pastures now have a configurable resource limit.
– Livestock has a resource limit for the by product they make (eggs, wool, milk, etc) Note that if a by product isn’t created because of the resource limit, the icon won’t appear above the building.
– Added textile to the Status Bar, Resource Limit window, and Town Hall UI
– Added graphs for textiles to Town Hall UI
– Fixed a bug that caused fonts from 1.0.4 to not load in 1.0.5. A UCS2 – UTF8 conversion wasn’t made properly.
– Fixed a bug that caused dropped resources (from citizen death/task cancelation) to drop in invalid places.
– Fixed a bug that caused orchards to cause invalid data access and or data corruption if a citizen tried to harvest a tree, but the tree died before he got there.
– Fixed a bug that caused potential memory corruption when cutting down an orchards trees.
– Fixed a bug that caused a crash if game startup failed before memory allocation was available or was corrupt. It now properly displays an error.
– Added better error message if the game runs out of memory due to too many mods loaded.
– Fixed a bug that caused a crash when loading old mods that had custom materials. The game will no longer crash, however objects with those materials will not display. To fix this issue, mods should be updated to the newest mod kit version and update the materials.

Man, I bought this game at launch. I've had it on my favourites list since then... and I've played 69 minutes of it.

e90Mark

You thought AIB makers wouldn't gouge you on their version of Pascal cards?

Think again.

€1070 = ~$1300

Looks like that's still a Founders Edition card, just with that AIB's cooler most likely.

Wouldn't expect anything lower than nvidia's price for FE, while AIB's sort out their custom PCB's.

Lain

My latest issue with the Steam Client is crashes while uploading screenshots.
So, they pushed live an update that added smooth-scrolling (why), random freezes and now also crashes when uploading screenshots.
Any of you who use the beta client, are these issues present there? I've never used the beta client, but if these issues are fixed there I might switch this time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
TW3 Blood & Wine: New Region Trailer

This has a nice almost fairy tale-like atmosphere to it.
I'm on such a Witcher high right now I can't wait to jump into W3 soon.

KOF XIV also coming to Europe (Gameplay Trailer)

I'm not very into fighters but this has a lot of style and charm. On top of a lot of content and modes.
I definitely doubted at first reveal (looked so much like it'd be Maximum Impact 3) but this is shaping up verrrrry nicely. They clearly did all the animation with the 2D gameplay in mind, the details on the characters is fantastic and all comes through in normal perspective very well (not really true in SF4), the backgrounds are very lively and well balanced with the foreground, and it has a lot of personality. The only critique I have is the lighting could be a bit juicier, but I bet sweetfx could fix that.

Is there going to be a potatomasher 4.5?
I don't think he should rebuild it. It was made to compare to the PS4 and that's what it should keep being compared to. If anything compare it to the PS4.5 in addition, but without upgrading. Imagine if it still holds up! Though a build that is the cost of a 4.5 at release would be interesting. A parts list will be instantly available on reddit or somewhere at the least.

Eila

Free game:

19.21 - Madjoki: 19.20 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #342 » [Gleam Reward] Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut [10,000 Steam Keys] - 8 of 8 actions required - https://gleam.io/PPNHT/qube-directors-cut-10000-steam-keys

I have no idea why but the site is not recognizing that I'm already on Indie Kings steam group. Oh well, I already own the game. Even played it.

Flandy

What are your multipliers at? what temps are you running when you're hitting 4.3 consistently?

seemed to go between 60-70

I checked my bios again and found this
26510345763_3910684d96_b.jpg

I originally had BCKL/PCIE set to 100, by all cores to 45, and Memory frequency to 2133

I disabled Internal PLL Overvoltage and it seems not to have changed this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom