• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

On the bright side, we can view the Halo 5 levels at whatever insane resolution and frame rate we want, and then get to play them on whatever the Xbone sputters out.

zkylon

zkylewd
bought my ps4 controller, wish that thing would've come with a usb cable at least :T

wonder how long should it be for my computer, like 2mts?

rtcn63

bought my ps4 controller, wish that thing would've come with a usb cable at least :T

wonder how long should it be for my computer, like 2mts?

Er... I think that would depend on how far your tower is from your seat. Which only you can tell.

Ban Puncher

Y6reXQb.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution -- MB-24D024314360B338 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1463678792z1.png

Zeeman

Apparently my Steam account is 8 years old today. My first Steam purchase was January 1, 2009, so no idea why that would be the case.

THe game has simple graphics and repeats a lot of the stages, but it just clicks with me. There are so many ship variations with unique skill based mechanics, ridiculous amounts of stages, tons of bosses with variations, an arcade port with even more modes inside of it, Chronicle Savious mode, a DLC mode which adds 6 new ships, and it also has great music. I was not a DARIUS or much of a horizontal shooter fan before this, but I ended up sinking close to a hundred hours in this game and I don't think I'm close to finish CS mode.

Most of the complaints stem from the price and the reuse of stages which are both bullocks to me. You got one guys falsely stating 5 bosses (with variations) with 5 stages. There are 16 unique bosses. Even the boss variations come at you with different models (more armor, more transformations, etc.) and a slew of new attacks (which brings the boss count up to 24.). Even the DLC that people were hesitant about at first was actually pretty expansive, and if they continue, will basically give you a way to do practice runs on bosses/stages. The game has seen constant updates since release with the last one being on May 9th.

With the summer sale coming up you'd probably be better off waiting if you're not a die hard shoot'em up fan since it is a bit pricey. You'd probably be able to pick up the DLC too in a single swipe by then. But to me this was the STG of the year last year.

I know I'm all over the place with my rambling, but it's because I need to work and don't have time to think lol.

Thanks for your reply. Humble Bundle has their Spring sale going which takes the game from $50 to $25. And I get 10% more off of that price with the Humble Monthly so it's $22.50. If it does manage to get a bigger discount than this during the Summer Sale I'd be a little surprised but I don't think it would be all that much bigger if so.

From your description it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I don't mind tossing the dice. I buy a lot of games so I'm not terribly bothered if I end up not digging it as much as I think I will.

Saty

All told, the combination of Tamriel Unlimited and the console launch, "opened up the game to millions of people."

"That's actually new players," Firor adds. "It's been huge. Bethesda doesn't talk numbers, but it's been huge... It was way beyond our expectations, and it was mostly because players could knew they could buy it just like they did with Oblivion and Skyrim. Most of them didn't even know there was a store in the game."

Full interview: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-online-added-millions-of-new-players-in-2015

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

To be fair, the crown-store in ESO is largely unnecessary to you as a player. Everything they sell comes down to one of four types of things:
  • Account upgrades, such as character slots or the ability to mix/match races and factions
  • Cosmetic items, such as armor styles or new clothes that do nothing but change your appearance. Also includes pets, since they do nothing.
  • "Cheat" items, such as XP scrolls and potions. This also includes mounts since all they really do is let you move around the map faster.
  • Expansion packs, such as the Thieve's guild or upcoming Dark Brotherhood DLC. In my opinion, the only thing worth buying.
The expansion packs are obviously the outliers here, but buying them is no different functionally than buying DLC from Steam itself or PSN or whatever. The rest of the stuff is like "It's okay if you want to spend money on that" but even the "cheat" items you can buy are things that are mostly already available in-game you can earn by playing.

tuxfool

Banned
seemed to go between 60-70

I checked my bios again and found this
26510345763_3910684d96_b.jpg

I originally had BCKL/PCIE set to 100, by all cores to 45, and Memory frequency to 2133

I disabled Internal PLL Overvoltage and it seems not to have changed this time?

Hmm. Yeah, your multipliers are showing 43 which times 1000 would be 4.3Gz.

It seems that maybe your bios has prevented you from clocking too high. You didn't adjust voltage settings?

Typically depending on the quality of the die, you may need to ramp up Vcore in order to hit certain frequencies.

Flandy

Hmm. Yeah, your multipliers are showing 43 which times 1000 would be 4.3Gz.

It seems that maybe your bios has prevented you from clocking too high. You didn't adjust voltage settings?

Typically depending on the quality of the die, you may need to ramp up Vcore in order to hit certain frequencies.
Tried running at 4.5Ghz and ran Prime95. Blue Screen'd after like 5 minutes. Tried 4.3Ghz and I've been running for hour. I haven't changed the voltage. I'm assuming if I increased the voltage I probably wouldn't have crashed at @4.5Ghz?

More settings
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7531/27080887396_91656341e7_b.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7114/27019704972_9a3f8fdfb4_b.jpg

Phawx

Tried running at 4.5Ghz and ran Prime95. Blue Screen'd after like 5 minutes. Tried 4.3Ghz and I've been running for hour. I haven't changed the voltage. I'm assuming if I increased the voltage I probably wouldn't have crashed at @4.5Ghz?

More settings
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7531/27080887396_91656341e7_b.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7114/27019704972_9a3f8fdfb4_b.jpg

Yea, if an OC isn't stable you want to carefully bring the voltage up until you find a stable OC.

Raising voltage is the actual problem (and not really terrible) with OCing. Obviously if you go crazy and raise the voltage too high, you'll actually do damage. But raise it little by little until you get a stable OC.

Overclocking takes a lot of patience mostly. You can find a stable OC today with a certain amount of voltage and then a month from now, that OC will no longer be stable for whatever reason.

Flandy

Yea, if an OC isn't stable you want to carefully bring the voltage up until you find a stable OC.

Raising voltage is the actual problem (and not really terrible) with OCing. Obviously if you go crazy and raise the voltage too high, you'll actually do damage. But raise it little by little until you get a stable OC.

Overclocking takes a lot of patience mostly. You can find a stable OC today with a certain amount of voltage and then a month from now, that OC will no longer be stable for whatever reason.

Maybe I'll just leave it at 4.3Ghz for the time being. Not sure I want to fumble around with Voltage when I have no idea how much I should even be raising it by

Phawx

Maybe I'll just leave it at 4.3Ghz for the time being. Not sure I want to fumble around with Voltage when I have no idea how much I should even be raising it by

It's actually far easier to use Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

So you can make micro changes in software and find something stable and whenever you have the correct parameters apply them in the BIOS.

Personally, I only use Intel's XTU (on my gaming laptop) it works fine and I don't have to keep messing with the bios or have to worry about my machine halting and then having to pull the cmos battery to actually get my machine to boot.

Teggy

The saddest thing about Overwatch is that it is just a shooter. It seems like they had so much story planned for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom