• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I think I have a problem, took two week long break from playing games, still can't play anything after
send help, pls

Another Definitive Edition just showed up on the store.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/475490/header.jpg?t=1463685727[/IMG[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

that's so evil

Another Definitive Edition just showed up on the store.

header.jpg
That's my fetish.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Goddamn the new Doom is so much fun. But the map kinda sucks, or I'm missing an input that makes it easy to rotate it.

rtcn63

My first 15-30 minutes of Doom each day are fun. But the game really is just fighting waves of enemies to hit a checkpoint. There are secrets and platforming, but they take a backseat as the missions get longer and more drawn out. And the Rune Trials are hit or miss- some can be done in a few tries, others are borderline unfair. (Kill these enemies with a vanilla shotgun, 1 point of health, and deal with a time limit?) Most of the runes aren't particularly useful.

AHA-Lambda

My first 15-30 minutes of Doom each day are fun. But the game really is just fighting waves of enemies to hit a checkpoint. There are secrets and platforming, but they take a backseat as the missions get longer and more drawn out. And the Rune Trials are hit or miss- some can be done in a few tries, others are borderline unfair. (Kill these enemies with a vanilla shotgun, 1 point of health, and deal with a time limit?) Most of the runes aren't particularly useful.

I do kind of agree, as much as I am having a lot of fun I can only really do one or two levels at a time for fear of repetition

Panda Rin

Yeah, my biggest complaint are the wave-based rooms, where you can't get out unless you kill absolutely everything. It becomes pretty tedious especially mid to late game, feels a bit grindy.

There was an instance where I spent about 5-6 minutes in one of those rooms then immediately met another wave-based room literally seconds later.

mp1990

Banned
I suppose there'll be an update on Hard Reset adding the extra content packed in the Redux version, correct? I've bought it recently and don't plan on double dipping it anytime soon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We’re looking at what the next thing will be that we’re going to make. We have Tim Cain working for us and Leonard Boyarsky has come to work for us recently. So I let people put two and two together.
Obsidian and my.ru present... Vampire Warfare

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
so, got my cool looking blue ps4 controller and installed that ds4windows thingie

what do i do now?

like, it's using the pad as a mouse lol, that's kinda cool but not exactly what i was looking for

Just turn the sensitivity for that to 0 and it'll just be a another set of buttons pretty much if you set gestures.

Nabs

so, got my cool looking blue ps4 controller and installed that ds4windows thingie

what do i do now?

like, it's using the pad as a mouse lol, that's kinda cool but not exactly what i was looking for

Couple of things: Click on Settings and check "Hide DS4 Controller". It'll get rid of the "Wireless Controller" that will confuse some games into thinking you have two controllers. You can also set it to run at startup there..

As for the touchpad, I recommend opening up the default profile (or whatever profile you use) and checking "Start with Slide/Scroll off" (bottom left of the config window). This will disable the touchpad until you need it. The way to turn it on and off is by touching the touchpad and pressing the PS button.

You can also just click on "Use for Controls" instead of having it set as a mouse. Then swipes can be mapped to anything you want. Buttons, keyboard presses, music stuff.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Last Remnant -- MB-72EA80023F8187E9 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
After The End The Harvest -- MB-F05837B096FB1178 - Taken by someguyinahat

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And now for something both not on steam and something super LTTP but Threes is a neat little time waster

Vamphuntr

Whoa a new Vampire Bloodlines? Cool. Can they just release Tyranny now. They've hyped me for it by saying it releases soon and that soon seems quite long now.

yuraya

I never expected that I would be so underwhelmed by an announcement of Halo coming to PC again ... . Hopefully this is just a start, I actually enjoyed the couple of hours I spent with the multiplayer of Halo 5 and wonder how well it would play on a PC.
I would even give the SP a shot. I only played a couple of missions at a friends place but the narrow Field of View made me feel claustrophobic, so this is something they could improve with a PC version.

Its a start I guess. MS is missing a few more pieces before Win10 becomes legit imo.

I think its already better than Origin and Uplay. If they can push MCC and Halo 5 along with Halo Wars its gonna be a good start for them. They do ofc need to fix all the other issues involving display settings etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Level design in S&S is ridiculous. In a good way.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Couchaddict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shattered Haven -- MB-2C29C2A211BE29FD - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1463714659z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom