• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Battleborn Delayed Until May, Out Of Take Two’s Fiscal Year

Battleborn needs more time, it seems. Gearbox and 2K have announced that it has been delayed out of February and the publisher’s fiscal year.

Battleborn was slated to arrive on February 9, 2016. It now lands on May 3, 2016.

For more on Battleborn, you can read a recent hands-on preview. Take Two will be holding its second quarter earnings call later this afternoon.

Our Take
This is a good decision, even if it does have an impact on Take Two’s current fiscal year. As I mentioned in my preview, Battleborn has great ingredients, but they aren’t coming together quite well enough just yet. This buys Gearbox more time to get it right.

Soulflarz

Banned
VN fans should downvote positive reviews for G-Senjou no Maou. I don't blame SP for the CG cropping (it's was the devs who did it), but locking and deleting threads bringing the issue to light, is absolutely abhorrent. They claim they're not allowed to talk about it, but even so, there's no reason for their behaviour. Apparently SP is asking the dev for the uncropped CGs so hopefully it works out, but if not I can't support it.

Wait what the hell

That's obnoxious behavior. You take the heat and say nothing you could do, you don't censor. This is basics.

EsCSLlT.png

Presented without comment.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm just as big (if not bigger) of a fan of the Souls games as you are.
I preordered DS2 and bought the season pass.
And I had no problem with the discount I was offered to "upgrade" on Steam; but regardless of all of that, whether you were pissed off at the upgrade pricing (which ultimately only affected enemy placement, online populace, and what engine it rendered in as the major content changes were patched in for owners of the DX9 version with the Season Pass/all DLC) or not, at the end of the day it was fair to all customers, offering larger discounts to those who had spent money supporting the original game and DLC (which is the opposite of what Nordic is doing here).
i don't think it was fair at all for ppl that already had the game, it was way too expensive for something that probably should've been free on pc in the first place

it was a "large" discount on something that was overpriced so i don't see how that's fair.

it was like 20 bucks, cmon...

Never buy a straight key, no matter how low the cost. You'll go "people say it takes two weeks, but I'm only paying four bucks". Yeah, fuck that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EsCSLlT.png

Presented without comment.

Yeah was kinda laughing at this myself but I've had to grow a pretty thick skin over the years. I haven't been responding in there or censoring comments, but it is a bit of a shame that it's getting so many downvotes.

He has a point. Maybe the guy who went to college at like 12 or whatever is just too stupid to get it for free.

That's probably it. Or the fact that... you know... I kinda know a thing or two about how Steam works.

M.D

Yup. Second key is invalid too.

Damn, that sucks, it was cheaper than GMG by like 4 bucks ;s
Then again, someone on the gaming side said his AK key from GMG was revoked and they tried to hide the fact he bought it from them by removing the purchase from his history or something similiar

All these sites seem shady as fuck lol

madjoki

Yeah was kinda laughing at this myself but I've had to grow a pretty thick skin over the years. I haven't been responding in there or censoring comments, but it is a bit of a shame that it's getting so many downvotes.

There's defense force for everything.
Especially those who got it free

Never had any problems with Funstock and there's no reason to think they are being shady by any means. I am sure that you will get your keys (try mailing them your order number on Twitter like other people seem to do ATM, there seems to be an larger issue with the keys)

Damn, that sucks, it was cheaper than GMG by like 4 bucks ;s
Then again, someone on the gaming side said his AK key from GMG was revoked and they tried to hide the fact he bought it from them by removing the purchase from his history or something similiar

All these sites seem shady as fuck lol

Actually it was significantly cheaper than GMG for me since GMG has stopped doing coupons/VIP offers for my country.

Few others on Twitter saying their keys are invalid too so I guess something has gone wrong. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Never had any problems with Funstock and there's no reason to think they are being shady by any means. I am sure that you will get your keys (try mailing them your order number on Twitter like other people seem to do ATM, there seems to be an larger issue with the keys)

Yea this is what I'm thinking too. No need to press the panic button just yet. It's just mildly annoying as of now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
See the Star Wars game that was cancelled before EA got the rights

Star Wars: First Assault

There's Star Wars: Battlefront III. There's Star Wars 1313. There's even that Darth Maul game. But no one mourns Star Wars: First Assault.

According to the YouTube description, "This was a tech beta ran on Xbox Live a while back before the game was canned. The beta only had this one level and i couldn't spawn bots or add another player."

First Assault was, ironically, meant to be Star Wars' answer to Call of Duty and Battlefield. It was planned as a digital multiplayer shooter that would lead into an eventual Star Wars: Battlefront III by winter 2015 (hello!) and reportedly came as close as $10,000 in certification fees away from a public beta in winter of 2012.

Then Disney took over LucasArts, putting all projects on hold, and EA ended up with 10 years of the Star Wars license by May 2013.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That's STILL not out yet? Seriously?

Soon™

Vita update

I often feel like if I don’t mention Vita, people will assume that it’s not always on my mind. It is, and I can report that significant progress has been and is being made! I will be giving some more detailed updates on this in the next month or so, but for now let’s just say that there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. Keep in mind that it is retroactively cross-buy, so if you bought Axiom Verge on PS4 already, you will get the Vita version for free when it launches. Also, if any of your friends have a Vita, they can take advantage of the aforementioned upcoming sale and get both for the price of one!

Thanks again for everyone’s support and patience. It was a lot more complicated than any of us expected it to be, but we’re getting there.

Well they changed the key on the order page. It's still invalid.

Another friend who had ordered from them and had gotten an invalid key got a fresh one as well. His new key worked.

Josh5890

Just pre-ordered my Blops 3 from Best Buy. I can't wait to pick it up after work tomorrow. Haven't owned a CoD game since Modern Warfare 3.

I think I'm the only person here who is purchasing a retail PC copy.

KarmaCow

Is there anyway official way to tweak controller settings or something as simple as a battery level display while using an Xbox one controller with the adapter? DS4Windows has spoiled me.

By the way, I have played like 12 hours of Batman Arkham Knight this week. The actual storyline missions etc. are really good and entertaining and some of the side missions are really good too (until you have to repeat each of them 3-10 times). And pretty much all the car missions. And I decided not to bother with Riddler trophies which made the game even better.

It's really a shame that the PC port wasn't solid from day 1
and screw modern open world filler part 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom