• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Can't delay something that didn't get a concrete release date in the first place. Syndicate was always to appear later on PC from the moment it got first announced. Whether it's for the good of the game, to give the console versions breathing room it is what it is and not like anyone said 'oh hey here's one date but we'll change it to come out later on this platform'.

Can't delay something that didn't get a concrete release date in the first place. Syndicate was always to appear later on PC from the moment it got first announced. Whether it's for the good of the game, to give the console versions breathing room it is what it is and not like anyone said 'oh hey here's one date but we'll change it to come out later on this platform'.

Oh I wasn't insulating this was on purpose or anything. More like what you said it just happened that way. I for one just hope it performs well is all.

Man, I hope SC's sales are within XSeed's expectations.
Really bad timing for the release but at this point they just had to push it out the door whenever it was ready.

Kill me guys if you want to but I like playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I've played it thanks to the trial available on Origin. Does the witcher 3 have any demo available on steam? I don't want to base my opinions on my playthrough of the witcher 2 since its an older game but frankly speaking I didn't like the combat in tw2.

Also I will not play aliens again while I'm alone in the house. This game still terrifies me that much.

Dr Dogg

Oh I wasn't insulating this was on purpose or anything. More like what you said it just happened that way. I for one just hope it performs well is all.

Well in May when it offically got announced it was stated that Syndicate was to release on 23rd October for PS4 and XO and vaugely Autum for PC. Normally AC has been a couple of weeks to a month behind on PC but Unity was day and date. So while Syndicate in no way shape or form has had a delay for any version it's quite funny that seeing as every other game on every platform from Uncharted to Halo gets delayed these days (even Unity got put back a few weeks) that AC S has been on schedule but some folks still mention delays. I guess it's the norm these days that it just easily rolls of the tounge :p

Purkake4

Banned
D18bmKt.png

dat card money tho
You could have saved 20% at GMG, bruh.

Man, I hope SC's sales are within XSeed's expectation's.
Really bad timing for the release but at this point they just had to push it out the door whenever it was ready.
That has been the case for the last 2 years more or less lol.
Well in May when it offically got announced it was stated that Syndicate was to release on 23rd October for PS4 and XO and vaugely Autum for PC. Normally AC has been a couple of weeks to a month behind on PC but Unity was day and date. So while Syndicate in no way shape or form has had a delay for any version it's quite funny that seeing as every other game on every platform from Uncharted to Halo gets delayed these days (even Unity got put back a few weeks) that AC S has been on schedule but some folks still mention delays. I guess it's the norm these days that it just easily rolls of the tounge :p

To be fair I always forget they aren't day in date on PC with AC :x

Uzzy

Well at least Ubi are learning! Can't get bad press over the inevitable delay if they never announce a release date in the first place.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
From what I've seen of the PS4 version it interests me enough that I want to play it, but not quiet enough that I want it day 1.

Doesn't help I still haven't played Rogue, either.

Rogue is totally skippable and easily one of the worst games of the series. I enjoyed Unity much more.

Eila

Does the witcher 3 have any demo available on steam? I don't want to base my opinions on my playthrough of the witcher 2 since its an older game but frankly speaking I didn't like the combat in tw2.

Well, no, but you could refund it if you don't like it in the first 2 hours.

Tizoc

>o>
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Ep. 1 -- MB-89548F092975C3B2 - Taken by aw350

Well, no, but you could refund it if you don't like it in the first 2 hours.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have any spare money to buy that now so maybe later. I just want to play both games first firsthand than let others cloud my opinions before buying either one of them.

aw350

Banned
Some games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Dues -- MB-4ED8E90F3FB9EB4C - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny -- MB-4A90D3D1924C4ACE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1446393831z1.png

Damn near month delay for the PC version yeah. November 19th knee deep in Fallout 4 fever (9 days after but still.)

do they take advantage of the pc or is it a straight up console port? A month delay i expect a flawless fucking port with some nice bells and whistles, they're a huge studio, theres no excuse for such a delay for every single one of their games.

GaussTek

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Trails SC is too expensive. I want to play it sooo bad but I haven't bought it yet because XSEED staff said they'd see if the higher than usual price in the Latin American region was intended.
I've just been playing Isaac Afterbirth instead.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I haven't jumped in... That and the fact I'm still playing Zestiria (BTW, TitS SC price is around the same as Zestiria's here).

Anyway, my plan is to play it around the holidays, where I'll have a little more time (and where I will surely enjoy it a lot more <3).

Time for something I never do.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-C3222B3AE2BF6E34 - Taken by Belgarion. 46 entrants total.

t1446404511z1.png

Nzyme32

Yeah it was pretty great! I am spoiling myself by reading about the
secrets because I am a bit tight on time and most likely just going for the pacifist ending next and holy crap there's tons of secrets. I only did a few like the other ghosts house.

Kinda funny that I only killed two enemies during the game, the first goat thing and Undyne (I think) because I didn't know you could also flee.

Yeah Undertale is really incredible. There are lots of secrets and all sorts in the game. As someone else has stated as well, the bad endings are worth going through as well, probably best without any insight into them and just going blind

Yeah, the ammount of stuff in this game is amazing. You should try to go for the bad ending as well if you get the time to, its... special.

Yeah. Major spoiler probably but
I really like how the Steam version is that much more difficult to mess with, especially due to the clever way in which the cloud saving and cache is used. With the humble version for example, it is possible to go through the files and relatively easily reverse permanent changes. The Steam version intentionally makes it difficult, with the cloud saving and cache also occurring during the start up. I also really love that there is still so much that isn't clear or well understood after all this time even with some of the data mining going on. I kind of really hope there is a lot more going on, whether via a new game or some kind of update / expansion that starts to really unravel all this stuff.

Maniac

Banned
I pre-ordered Fallout 4 today too.

On PS4.

I've preordered it too. One copy for myself from the GMG price-error at $30 and a copy for my bae for £29, which is just under $45.

Good news is I'm now broke, slightly bad news is that my PSU still needs replacing and I'm still very much in need of a new CPU cooler... Then there's the issue of my gym membership having expired and me more or less needing to stay active to not lose my sodding mind...

God damnit, why can't I poop gold?

I think it's to do with people being used to Ubisoft doing it that way. More often than not we get a broken promise, this time we just don't get any kind of a promise. Hopefully it'll be a solid port, but it being Ubisoft means it'll be a fair bit janky, but that's how it is when a thousand bakers are involved in making one pie.

Repair system is out in fallout 4 :( not liking what I'm hearing about the game man, dumb down dialogue like bioware games (which i fucking knew would happen) and now no repair system. game sounds super dumb down for as much mainstream appeal as possible.

Jawmuncher

Repair system is out in fallout 4 :( not liking what I'm hearing about the game man, dumb down dialogue like bioware games (which i fucking knew would happen) and now no repair system. game sounds super dumb down for as much mainstream appeal as possible.

Who said Fallout Dialog was dumbed down? Being in a circle format rather than a list doesn't equal dumbed down.

Anteater

My hearts telling me play games, but my bodies telling me I don't really want to play games.

I always end up playing something that's not on the list of "games I should be playing", but if you aren't enjoying hopping around games then I think it's not bad to take a break

I find it best to play something that's just very different than the games you have been playing, like if I've been playing action games I switch to story focused ones like telltale games

~Kinggi~

Banned

Was repair ever in? Did they show that in any of the conference videos? I cant remember. Seems like you have a ton of options with crafting it shouldnt make a difference.

aw350

Banned
My hearts telling me play games, but my bodies telling me I don't really want to play games.

There are also TV shows or manga if you are into that kind of thing. Or books.

(I know, that's probably not very helpful, but I also get tired of games from time to time and then I go to the stuff I mentioned... it helps in my case. :) )

Zafir

Has anyone had anything happen with Steam where a game install folder became just a 0kb file?

I ran windows disk checker to make sure it wasn't the hard drive going kaput and it said the drive was perfectly fine, so I'm utterly confused as to what has happened?

Who said Fallout Dialog was dumbed down? Being in a circle format rather than a list doesn't equal dumbed down.

4 options; 1 to advance the conversation, one to be sarcastic/jerk, one to say no, and the last one to ask questions. also the text sometimes doesn't show what your character actually says.

Here's a better translation regarding the dialog (from reddit) :

IT TAKES A LITTLE TO ESTABLISH A CONVERSATION (IT IS NOT IMMEDIATE, AND HE SAYS THE NPCS TAKE IT CALMLY). THERE SEEMS TO BE FOUR OPTIONS, THAT ARE ALMOST ALWAYS THE SAME, X TO ADVANCE IN THE CONVERSATION, O THAT IS USUALLY "SARCASM" OR "NO", SQUARE FOR THE TYPICAL NOT SO PLEASANT ANSWER AND TRIANGLE TO ASK. HE SAYS THEY'RE BAD EXPLAINED, IN F3, NV ETC THERE WAS NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS, YOU'D SAY WHAT YOU READ, BUT HE'S FOUND HIMSELF IN THE GAME CHOOSING ONE ANSWER AND THEN THE MAIN CHARACTER SAYING SOMETHING KIND OF UNEXPECTED. HE THINKS IT IS THE ONLY STEP BACK.

how are you going to tell me thats not dumb downed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom