• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Is there some trick to getting Dying Light on PC with a 770 2gb, 4770 and 16 ram run well on high settings?

V-sync seems to kill the fps at times but without it tearing is terrible. Im constantly fiddling with view distance, shadows, and texture res to improve the performance and keep vsync. Is there an infamous setting people figured out that needs to be tweaked?

Game looks great though i can see why it chugs.

Lowering view distance all the way down should help. It'll look the same and is still higher than either console version if that matters to you. Your textures should be on medium; high requires over 3GB of vram.

The performance thread should help you out some more if needed.

Contradiction Spot the Liar is seriously blowing my mind. What an experience. Hope for a sequal. So glad I got it in that bundle stars bundle not long ago.

Everyone give it a try!!!

If I did this, would it mean anything to you?
:poc:

~Kinggi~

Banned
Play at a lower resolution. I have a similar set up, lowered to resolution a bit and was playing fine. Also the low on that game is still higher than the console version. So don't feel bad about messing around with normal settings.

I wasn't saying it wasn't. Just that without proof it wasn't necessarily.
Now that you posted something stating as such, it makes more sense.

Lowering view distance all the way down should help. It'll look the same and is still higher than either console version if that matters to you. Your textures should be on medium; high requires over 3GB of vram.

The performance thread should help you out some more if needed.

thanks yeah view distance is definitely a killer of fps.

Some fellow SteamGAFers were kind enough to let me know that the mystery game they won was already owned by them. They declined the games so I can try again.

Totally not Bad Rats.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-89F0DEA4B828693D - Taken by pantsattack. 27 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-5111DA7DCB36328C - Taken by TheLight. 23 entrants total.

t1446487012z1.png

Nzyme32

looks like it wasnt an error yesterday or there is still something "fishy" going on (dont really think so)

steam.png

Well I am partially corrected. While those numbers don't match up, it did stabilise to a point that actually reports the same number in the graph and stat - 12.54 million

h7sSBhc.png

If any of the games bounce back to me again I think I will retire the mystery gift idea. Fool me once...

24hr raffle!? what are you tizoc!?

I will always do 24 hours. It seems the most fair to GAFers who live in different time zones.

With that said, it is best to assume I am everybody's sock account.

iosefe

If any of the games bounce back to me again I think I will retire the mystery gift idea. Fool me once...

I will always do 24 hours. It seems the most fair to GAFers who live in different time zones.

"this just in,

An uncredited male is accountable to a new wave of Mystery Gifts to needy children of all ages, from 4 to 99"

Anteater

i was just kidding, tizoc liked to do the 24hr raffle back in the day!

and you need an avatar, don't be like dex(insert number) guy

no offense to you dex!

Poop
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-31D206F89A2396F6 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 20 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-58E7C5944EA49C68 - Taken by madjoki. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-64FDAEF6FEF1CB86 - Taken by GERGiEV. 21 entrants total.

t1446412852z1.png

Enjoy! I hope...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game -- MB-355E62C94649F6BA - Taken by ThirtyFour. 11 entrants total.

t1446403732z1.png

Everyone caving on Fallout 4. I held off on Skyrim until the complete version and I can do it again.

no offense to you dex!

Sadly, I am too effervescent to enjoy representation from a selection of colored pixels.

Asgaro

IM DELETING YOU, DADDY!😭👋 ██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete..... ████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete.... ███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete.... ███████████] 99% complete..... 🚫ERROR!🚫 💯True💯 Daddies are irreplaceable 💖I could never delete you Daddy!💖 Send this to ten other 👪Daddies👪 who give you 💦cummies💦 Or never get called ☁️squishy☁️ again❌❌😬😬❌❌ If you get 0 Back: no cummies for you 🚫🚫👿 3 back: you're squishy☁️💦 5 back: you're daddy's kitten😽👼💦 10+ back: Daddy😛😛💕💕💦👅👅

I'm on what I imagine is my longest ModBot losing streak of my life, I usually don't enter mystery giveaways because I would feel bad if I won something that someone else wanted, but I might enter one of these just to feel alive again, it's been so long since I've felt the warm embrace of a ModBot PM.

IM DELETING YOU, DADDY!😭👋 ██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete..... ████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete.... ███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete.... ███████████] 99% complete..... 🚫ERROR!🚫 💯True💯 Daddies are irreplaceable 💖I could never delete you Daddy!💖 Send this to ten other 👪Daddies👪 who give you 💦cummies💦 Or never get called ☁️squishy☁️ again❌❌😬😬❌❌ If you get 0 Back: no cummies for you 🚫🚫👿 3 back: you're squishy☁️💦 5 back: you're daddy's kitten😽👼💦 10+ back: Daddy😛😛💕💕💦👅👅
This is quite disturbing

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-BD1896B0D2F63A9D - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-E08CD53CCDB1D30B - Taken by Monooboe. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-0DDAD82CD25C93EF - Taken by pantsattack. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-198D0A502732553D - Taken by KenOD. 9 entrants total.

t1446489472z1.png

338e40380b.gif

Tizoc

no offense to you dex!

From now on raffles are gonna be 3 hours unless it's STEAM SALE AFTER PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
or a giveaway for a reputable game like say TiTS 2.

winter pls

ARE YOU NOT AMUSED?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-388B1DD6DD6F85D7 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-A1AC80B723313BA5 - Taken by Mr. Luchador. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game#10 -- MB-8C7C43E85474D532 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-BE3422537EC6D3B7 - Taken by laserlaser. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-ABDDCCC4C93D0FB9 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total. - Taken by chronomac. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-C7E7776FE4BFC417 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-C58DE53578DB1AF8 - Taken by Mikurden. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-DE1828CD40B62ACC - Taken by BernardoOne. 12 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-EFAE8E2C6D0B853B - Taken by Dragon1893. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-CE93103ED11B2AB4 - Taken by GERGiEV. 3 entrants total.

t1446489652z1.png

Jazz573

From now on raffles are gonna be 3 hours unless it's STEAM SALE AFTER PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
or a giveaway for a reputable game like say TiTS 2.

All Bad Rats, except for one copy of Trails SC. :p

More evil idea, few copies of Bad Rats, a few Sakura games, and one copy of Trails SC. :p

Hektor

Tʜiƨ ƚʜɿɘɒb iƨ ǫɘƚƚinǫ ƚoo myƨƚɘɿiouƨ ʇoɿ mɘ.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi all,

Sorry for the possible OT, I'm just curious how does the GAF react to the developers talking regarding their own games, posting updates etc? Is it allowed or is it considered spam and removed by the mods?

Thanks

Generally if you're responding to questions, that's OK; if you're advertising, that's not. We vastly prefer GAF members making games (i.e. you're here to participate in the community) to Dev companies having GAF accounts (i.e. you're here in your capacity to represent your game only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom