• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Doesn't everyone and their mums own Bad Rats now? And I'm just saying this to draw out those who don't so they can be infected.

pahamrick

Well Rogue probably isn't exactly required is it? I hear it's Black Flag 2 more or less.

Damn near month delay for the PC version yeah. November 19th knee deep in Fallout 4 fever (9 days after but still.)

Yeah, but I don't want to be behind on the games either. Maybe, its not like I can afford Rogue or Syndicate soon anyway.

Rogue is totally skippable and easily one of the worst games of the series. I enjoyed Unity much more.

See, I've also been told the opposite that Rogue is much better than Unity. For the record, I really liked Unity but I only played the main story missions and skipped everything else at the time because I was stuck playing on my old Radeon 5870s and got 10-25 FPS depending on the scene on all lowest settings so I just wanted to blitz through since I was more or less gifted it.

I hope Syndicate is a return to form, I'm waiting to hear some impressions from Dogg and Jase before I make a hard decision either way.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is there some trick to getting Dying Light on PC with a 770 2gb, 4770 and 16 ram run well on high settings?

V-sync seems to kill the fps at times but without it tearing is terrible. Im constantly fiddling with view distance, shadows, and texture res to improve the performance and keep vsync. Is there an infamous setting people figured out that needs to be tweaked?

Game looks great though i can see why it chugs.

Zafir

Has anyone had anything happen with Steam where a game install folder became just a 0kb file?

I ran windows disk checker to make sure it wasn't the hard drive going kaput and it said the drive was perfectly fine, so I'm utterly confused as to what has happened?

Okay its definitely not the hard disks because it's done it on both of my hard drives AND my SSD.

What the hell?

i hated Black Flags, couldn't even finish that game. It wasn't even an assassin's creed game. The sailing got old in like 30 minutes and there was far too much of that. Imo its the worst one from AC1-Black Flags; dropped the franchise after that.
Man I HATE it when games do that.

i've said that was going to be an issue with FO4 since day fucking one. Honest to god don't understand why they copied Bioware, its doodoo.

Sajjaja

i hated Black Flags, couldn't even finish that game. It wasn't even an assassin's creed game. The sailing got old in like 30 minutes and there was far too much of that. Imo its the worst one from AC1-Black Flags; dropped the franchise after that.

dK0Fn.gif

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-C3222B3AE2BF6E34 - Taken by Belgarion. 46 entrants total.

t1446404511z1.png

Doesn't everyone and their mums own Bad Rats now? And I'm just saying this to draw out those who don't so they can be infected.
Why are so certain it's that?

Jawmuncher

Is there some trick to getting Dying Light on PC with a 770 2gb, 4770 and 16 ram run well on high settings?

V-sync seems to kill the fps at times but without it tearing is terrible. Im constantly fiddling with view distance, shadows, and texture res to improve the performance and keep vsync. Is there an infamous setting people figured out that needs to be tweaked?

Game looks great though i can see why it chugs.

Play at a lower resolution. I have a similar set up, lowered to resolution a bit and was playing fine. Also the low on that game is still higher than the console version. So don't feel bad about messing around with normal settings.

4 options; 1 to advance the conversation, one to say be sarcastic/jerk, one to say no, and the last one to ask questions. also the text sometimes doesn't show what your character actually says.

how are you going to tell me thats not dumb downed?

I wasn't saying it wasn't. Just that without proof it wasn't necessarily.
Now that you posted something stating as such, it makes more sense.

I'm not handicapped but I can only imagine being difficult to play games with one hand. Very sure people would appreciate a curator for that.
Quick question. Is playing with the keyboard totally out of question for you (not in tandem with mouse obviously)?

Depending on the game, I could take my hand off the mouse and press a key on the keyboard. I do have enough movement on my right hand to press the space bar. For years I used foot pedals and ability buttons.

JBA-FS3-P-USBFoot3SwitchPedal-%2B(0).png

big_button_controller.png

These days I've replaced them all with this:

razer-naga-left-result.jpg

Left handed Razer Naga.

Also I'm really good with game controllers and most of the time, if thats an option, I use that.

ocJRX.jpg

Just looking at it I'm not sure anyone would admit they didn't own it just to increase the chance of someone giving it to them.

Dr Dogg

Here's a simple checklist

• Did you like Black Flag and its naval combat.
  • Do you value gameplay over world building.
  • Are you more interested in Ubi's own creations than characters from history.
  • Are interested in a minor story detail for the inital story of Unity that you need to play Rogue to the end for it all to become clear.

If you answered mainly no then skip Rogue.

pahamrick

• Are interested in a minor story detail for the inital story of Unity that you need to play Rogue to the end for it all to become clear.

Whelp, guess I need to play Rogue.

These days I've replaced them all with this:

razer-naga-left-result.jpg

Left handed Razer Naga.

Also I'm really good with game controllers and most of the time, if thats an option, I use that.

I severed a tendon in my right (dominant) hand a few years ago and spent a good while with it out of commission. Holy hell would that lefty Naga have been a beautiful sight.

I never could git gud with a controller. I relegated my time to Torchlight, which I was super grateful for.

Not that my experience is directly comparable, but it really makes you appreciate heavy customization in control options, which are sadly not a no-brainer standard in gaming.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The underlined hammers home what I disliked about Rogue so much. The series is 100% reliant on the location for me.

Nzyme32

looks like it wasnt an error yesterday or there is still something "fishy" going on (dont really think so)

steam.png

It's still broken. Every time is passes about 9.9 million, the graph and reporting get erratic. Even looking at the reported 12.9 million stat, the graph only peaks at 12.6. It just doesn't seem likely to be accurate, especially when look at previous increases over time and what the graphs looked like

Kyougar

It's still broken. Every time is passes about 9.9 million, the graph and reporting get erratic. Even looking at the reported 12.9 million stat, the graph only peaks at 12.6. It just doesn't seem likely to be accurate, especially when look at previous increases over time and what the graphs looked like

could be buffer overflow from the viewers of the csgo tournament?

Iggy_Dreamatrix

Neo Member
Hi all,

Sorry for the possible OT, I'm just curious how does the GAF react to the developers talking regarding their own games, posting updates etc? Is it allowed or is it considered spam and removed by the mods?

Thanks

MUnited83

For you.
Hi all,

Sorry for the possible OT, I'm just curious how does the GAF react to the developers talking regarding their own games, posting updates etc? Is it allowed or is it considered spam and removed by the mods?

Thanks
I dont think you're allowed to create a thread about your game , as that would be against the rule of self-advertising. But if someone else creates the thread you can talk about your games and updates without issues

Actually Arkham Knightham is pretty playable. The stuttering is jarring at points, but it's playable. The minute-to-minute gameplay however, is something I have gotten somewhat bored of myself: not to mention the car combat which is even more boring. That said, I played it for couple of hours and surprisingly really enjoyed it. The story and the twists make up for the standard gameplay, at least for now.

Nzyme32

could be buffer overflow from the viewers of the csgo tournament?

I doubt it, since this has been going on for a month or so now on and off.

Edit - it's down to 12 million now, at a time when it should be increasing approaching peak time. 12 million seems much more likely

Contradiction Spot the Liar is seriously blowing my mind. What an experience. Hope for a sequal. So glad I got it in that bundle stars bundle not long ago.

Everyone give it a try!!!

dex3108

Actually Arkham Knightham is pretty playable. The stuttering is jarring at points, but it's playable. The minute-to-minute gameplay however, is something I have gotten somewhat bored of myself: not to mention the car combat which is even more boring. That said, I played it for couple of hours and surprisingly really enjoyed it. The story and the twists make up for the standard gameplay, at least for now.

AK is ok game and i am playing it even though game freezes sometimes for 5 seconds and sometimes sound cuts. And yeap after first hour i was already sick of Batmobile. Batman can't sh*t without Batmobile in this game. I am at 50% and things are getting interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom