• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

steam2.png

wow.

This must surely be a bug, +1.5 million from one day to the other?

Jawmuncher

Just beat Yaiba, thanks to a SteamGaffer having gifted it to me. Took me about 4 hours to beat it on easy. First off I want to say that it's no where near as bad as some reviews have made it out to be. I think die hard action game fans will have enjoyment with it, along with those who enjoy over the top action and crude humor. It's never related to Ninja Gaiden much overall, but the Ryu and Momiji appearances along with the fights help add some flare to it. It's a really odd game to place your finger on because it's all kinds of crazy however. Which kind of ruins the final boss to me. The game was already crazy and it then crosses the line where you just kind of question if it was really needed. Aside from that the boss fight can be a bit of a pain. Even on easy it took me 20 minutes to get to the last section and die. Only to have to redo all of it again for another 15-20 minutes. Really don't know who thought it was a good idea to have a multiple part boss always start from the beginning. I think Easy Mode for anyone who plays will offer more than enough challenge unless as I said before they're a die hard action game fan. Regardless I still enjoyed my time with it and if it's on sale in the $1-10 range there's fun to be had.

Dsyndrome

Thanks for Abyss Odyssey, Lashman, I unfortunately already have it. PM me if you'd like the code, folks.
Hey there, I'm interested in the code if you still have it.

See ya!

well, it said pm, i'm dumb, lol.

Sent, be sure to thank Lashman!

gurm3n

Neo Member
Thanks for Abyss Odyssey, Lashman, I unfortunately already have it. PM me if you'd like the code, folks.

Hey there, I'm interested in the code if you still have it.

See ya!

EDIT1: well, it said pm, i'm dumb, lol.

EDIT2: Thanks to both of you!

Anteater

Just beat Yaiba, thanks to a SteamGaffer having gifted it to me. Took me about 4 hours to beat it on easy. First off I want to say that it's no where near as bad as some reviews have made it out to be. I think die hard action game fans will have enjoyment with it, along with those who enjoy over the top action and crude humor. It's never related to Ninja Gaiden much overall, but the Ryu and Momiji appearances along with the fights help add some flare to it. It's a really odd game to place your finger on because it's all kinds of crazy however. Which kind of ruins the final boss to me. The game was already crazy and it then crosses the line where you just kind of question if it was really needed. Aside from that the boss fight can be a bit of a pain. Even on easy it took me 20 minutes to get to the last section and die. Only to have to redo all of it again for another 15-20 minutes. Really don't know who thought it was a good idea to have a multiple part boss always start from the beginning. I think Easy Mode for anyone who plays will offer more than enough challenge unless as I said before they're a die hard action game fan. Regardless I still enjoyed my time with it and if it's on sale in the $1-10 range there's fun to be had.

i hope it'll discount more in the winter sale, i would've gotten it this sale if i didn't have higurashi to buy in november, spent some of my wallet money on olli olli 2 and i don't even know why, i didn't even finish the first one, fucking coupons

Knurek

How can anyone say with a straight face that TitS isn't a niche title?

Arthea, please stop letting your fanboyism get in a way of logic.

It's a niche game in a niche series made by a niche developer in a niche genre released on a niche title by a niche publisher.

I really hope the XSEEDs incompetence in handling the series has not killed any chances of us getting further titles, but each decision they made regarding the series so far has not given me much confidence.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Have a nice time in Hinamizawa this Thanksgiving!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Watanagashi -- MB-CEF27B5E7C7DB9F6 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 20 entrants total.

t1446418972z1.png

Kyougar

How can anyone say with a straight face that TitS isn't a niche title?

Arthea, please stop letting your fanboyism get in a way of logic.

It's a niche game in a niche series made by a niche developer in a niche genre released on a niche title by a niche publisher.

I really hope the XSEEDs incompetence in handling the series has not killed any chances of us getting further titles, but each decision they made regarding the series so far has not given me much confidence.

Yeah its Niche.
And maybe their mishandling of TitS SC and the announcement of Cold Steel NOT for PC (last I checked) killed the series on PC :/

gelf

Certainly a game I've been keeping an eye on a sale to try out. It just seems like one of those games most people hate that I'll end up liking.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I dislike the premise of mystery giveaways.

I can't enter them because I don't know if I already have the game, thereby stealing it from someone who deserves it, or it might be a game I wouldn't like, thereby stealing it from someone who appreciates it more.

while true, you also don't need to worry about this possibility; the giver didn't, after all.

because TitS is on PC? The Port should take less time than the translation.
TitS isn't Cold Steel. TitS already had a PC port to work with, it doesn't apply to Cold Steel.

because why not

Because there isn't a PC version for them to work on except the Chinese one by Joyoland, which would involve in more deals and probably isn't feasible for XSEED. Unless Falcom gives them the permission, they can't make one afaik

Deitus

dang afterbirth is 12$! madness

No, this is Madness.

I sort of agree though. I paid $1 for the original Binding of Isaac, and 0.75 for the expansion years ago. I understand they added a bunch of content, and they deserve to get paid for that, but I can't justify paying $20 for the remake and new expansion. I'll probably buy them when they both go 75% off.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-31D206F89A2396F6 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 20 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-58E7C5944EA49C68 - Taken by madjoki. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-64FDAEF6FEF1CB86 - Taken by GERGiEV. 21 entrants total.

t1446412852z1.png

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FDABAEBB35EDDE04 - Taken by zkylon. 10 entrants total.

t1446410572z1.png

latest

FLD

Honestly, I used to feel bad for XSEED because of the way people give them shit all the time over every little thing. But even I have to admit that they really screwed up the release of SC. You'd think that after the way Ark of Napishtim bombed, they would've learned from their mistakes and put a little more thought into this one. But no, they announced it a mere week in advance and launched the same day a sale started as well as right on the heels of a much higher profile JRPG release.

It really makes you wonder whether they have any idea what the hell they're doing. Just dropping something on Steam and hoping for the best really isn't a viable launch strategy these days. At this point, I'm just going to assume we're never seeing 3rd, Zero and Ao. Looking at SteamSpy numbers for SC makes me lose all the optimism I had. I'm just glad we finally got SC and that Cold Steel is coming at all...

Hektor

Urgh these live action CoD trailers get worse every year

http://youtu.be/ejMqe1WBtEQ

Also you're slipping lashbot!

"Nah, its Kevin-Mode"

Somebody actually wrote that line, oh my.

I don't do mystery but you are different. You proved in the past of what quality material you are made. Thus I am certain you are "hiding" a nice surprise.

Feel the pressure yet?

The nice surprise comes soon™, you have to settle with something mediocre for now. :|

Deitus

Urgh these live action CoD trailers get worse every year

http://youtu.be/ejMqe1WBtEQ

Also you're slipping lashbot!

Still not the worst thing Michael B. Jordan has done this year.

But yeah, that trailer was bad. It was an interesting idea for a trailer like 5 years ago (ordinary-looking people on a battlefield set to a Rolling Stones song), but they just keep milking it for all it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom