• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
But CS:GO is prime example of the game with microtransactions (and some of them are not micro) and everybody is ok with it. TF2 is same. If they are only for bigger e-pen who cares let people spend their money on stupid things, you will have benefits from that too.
cant speka for csgo since i dont play that but i don't think tf2 is ok

gambling is bad

You should do like I'm doing: plan up your wedding and a Japan honeymoon and hope your friends and family won't be cheapass with cash gifts.

Unrelated: HOLY SHIT, I stopped reading Berserk like in 1980, and he already was on the fucking ship, I totally assumed he got off 20 years ago or something.

There are elves around or whatever the little fairy guy is?
The gal there is finally cured?
What about the white hair dude? Is he still around?
hope ppl spoilertag these answers, i'm still reading it -__-

also i'm never gonna marry ;_;

should i unload all my cards now in preparation for the sale, or save them and see if there is a minigame?

i guess a few hours won't make a difference

chronomac

I should make this point now, rather than later: If at 12 PM CST the deals don't automatically show up or if there are slight glitches in the prices and discounts do not freak out. It happens literally every time there's a sale. It's normal. Go get a cup of coffee or tea and relax. And spare us all the "Valve gonna Valve" stupid-ass posts too.

r3n4ud

I should make this point now, rather than later: If at 12 PM CST the deals don't automatically show up or if there are slight glitches in the prices and discounts do not freak out. It happens literally every time there's a sale. It's normal. Go get a cup of coffee or tea and relax. And spare us all the "Valve gonna Valve" stupid-ass posts too.
We're not the ones you need to remind, it's the 'casuals'.

fantomena

I assume people active in this threads know this already. It's those damn Steam peasants who don't know any better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So who's doing the sale thread?

And, more importantly, is this thread staying open during the sale (as is tradition)?

Also, the sale is going through next week, and I'll be putting up December's thread
my last :(
on Monday night.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's pretty ok. If you don't like gambling, don't do it? Not really that hard.

videogames are very good at tempting impulse buys through half rewards (you get a piece of a set, only 4 more to go! buy em each for 1.99$!) or through safes (here's all this crap you're dying to know what it is and for 3.99 we'll tell you!). things like that

the huge hype campaign built around hats only to then sell them or tie them to gambling mechanics like chests

like i said before, chests straight up make videogames worst because they create a need for you to know what it's in there. a lot of people are like no problem but these system preys on the impulsive and that's just just not nice, specially since videogames are reaaaaally good at manipulating you through positive reinforcement, rewards, goals, all that fun stuffs.

i don't like any of those things, i don't like that league is adding chests either and i don't think any of this manipulative shit is ok

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Almost 2 horus until w eknow wherever it's a shit sale or not. Can't wait!

Dusk alluded to the lack of featured deals not being the full story, so I assume there'll be something in their stead. Someone theorised that you may now get random coupons for unowned games based on your playing habits, which could be an improvement versus hoping something shows up as a featured deal.

Dr Dogg

Sale is going to be a disappointment for some regardless what's in store. Well unless Lightning Returns is a featured placement day one. No discount just the whole front page plastered with Lightning.

And, more importantly, is this thread staying open during the sale (as is tradition)?

Also, the sale is going through next week, and I'll be putting up December's thread
my last :(
on Monday night.

You need to go all out, balls to the wall, full on morningbus for the December thread. I'll shoot you my recommendation sometime Friday if that's ok?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Dusk alluded to the lack of featured deals not being the full story, so I assume there'll be something in their stead. Someone theorised that you may now get random coupons for unowned games based on your playing habits, which could be an improvement versus hoping something shows up as a featured deal.
Well that would feel bad, I buy games that I play much of for full price. The games I'm not used to playing is what I buy in sales. Makes it a lower bar to entry.

GaussTek

Halo: Spartan Strike for just 10 cents?? That's more like it, I can finally remove it from my Steam wishlist (I don't even like Halo -_-).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You need to go all out, balls to the wall, full on morningbus for the December thread. I'll shoot you my recommendation sometime Friday if that's ok?

You got it buddy

fantomena

I would greatly appreciate a few 60% coupons for my wishlist.

fertygo

if the coupon's not tradeable, then screw that

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I'm not sure the coupon system works well enough to leverage it for this purpose, but I definitely expect given that there aren't featured deals that they'll work on a system where more of what is shoved in your face is customized to you. I guess we'll see in a few hours. I'm kinda excited.

MUnited83

For you.
videogames are very good at tempting impulse buys through half rewards (you get a piece of a set, only 4 more to go! buy em each for 1.99$!) or through safes (here's all this crap you're dying to know what it is and for 3.99 we'll tell you!). things like that

the huge hype campaign built around hats only to then sell them or tie them to gambling mechanics like chests

like i said before, chests straight up make videogames worst because they create a need for you to know what it's in there. a lot of people are like no problem but these system preys on the impulsive and that's just just not nice, specially since videogames are reaaaaally good at manipulating you through positive reinforcement, rewards, goals, all that fun stuffs.

i don't like any of those things, i don't like that league is adding chests either and i don't think any of this manipulative shit is ok
But you don't need to gamble. Buy the shit you want from people selling on the market. Simple as that.

I'm not sure the coupon system works well enough to leverage it for this purpose, but I definitely expect given that there aren't featured deals that they'll work on a system where more of what is shoved in your face is customized to you. I guess we'll see in a few hours. I'm kinda excited.
Well, if that was the case then Valve would have asked for two different prices anyways, no? But they didn't. So if there's something like coupons it would mean that Valve was eating the loss from the coupon discount.

Jawmuncher

This thread will stay open since everyone is scared to lock it and interact with some new blood. Even if they ask some basic questions repeatedly.

fantomena

Downloading the Six Siege beta on Uplay now and UPlay download speeds is completely destroying Steam download speeds.

cause im the only one using uplay right now

Expect nothing and never be disappointed*

*my life motto.

Mr. Doop

Expect nothing and never be disappointed*

*my life motto.

fIqW4uI.gif

Grief.exe

Here's hoping Prince of Persia and Quake goes on sale.....

Brothers in Arms is another series to keep an eye on that never gets a discount from Ubi.

This thread will stay open since everyone is scared to lock it and interact with some new blood. Even if they ask some basic questions repeatedly.

Just close it fam, go interact with the rest of GAF and expand the community.

I don't see an argument for keeping this thread open, it's redundant at best.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, if that was the case then Valve would have asked for two different prices anyways, no? But they didn't. So if there's something like coupons it would mean that Valve was eating the loss from the coupon discount.

No, I'm thinking there won't be differential discounts and the front page will be used as a content spotlight rather than an enhanced deal percentage.

zkylon

zkylewd
But you don't need to gamble. Buy the shit you want from people selling on the market. Simple as that.
well i stopped playing before they added the market :p

but systems that give u chests and then sell u the keys, or parts of item sets, or have leveled/rarity quality to items that doesn't change shit, etc. gambling in general.

all that shit valve likes to add to their games, maybe it gets balanced off because they just take their cut from the marketplace and don't push more aggressively, but not all games are in valve's position to have a marketplace and whenever those things get added to a game i get really concerned

Jazz573

Heads up about the Amnesia: Memories deal on WinGameStore: Right now, the purchase button has been replaced with a backorder button so you might need to wait a while before you get a key.

Dr Dogg

If this thread gets closed very few of the regulars will post in the sale thread and few of those new to Steam will post in here afterwards for possibly a couple of reasons. If this thread stays open few of the regulars will post in the sales thread but post in here about how awful the sales thread is and how the same questions are being asked that are answered in the OP scaring off anyone new wanting to join in here. Face it we're a bunch of miserable bastards that don't like company or change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom