• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Killer is Dead NE worthy $3.99?

edit: Just read PC port is pretty much broken, hm

Not at all.

Brothers in Arms is another series to keep an eye on that never gets a discount from Ubi.

Just close it fam, go interact with the rest of GAF and expand the community.

I don't see an argument for keeping this thread open, it's redundant at best.

Closing this thread isn't helpful, fam.

There are a good number of people in the "community" that don't really want to answer the same question 337 times while trying to carry a discussion with others.
Make a thread on gaming side for discussing anything to do with the sale and leave this around until Jshackles puts up the December edition.

not much of a point without dailies

The point of those threads was largely to have people asking "Is this game worth it?" every time the sales changed. But instead of that, if something like 2,000+ games get discounts simultaneously on day 1, you're still going to have people asking -- it just won't be staggered over the course of a couple days.

Plus it raises awareness of the sale starting/how long it runs/allows the neophytes to ask questions about how things work/provides a place to discuss anything sale related. And most importantly, it keeps the really annoying/stupid/useless "dicussion" out of here.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Not sure if any of you are interested but we're going to be bringing another Laughing Jackal game to Steam. Cubixx HD

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/cubixx-hd-coming-to-steam

Hi everyone. Last week I mentioned that in addition to an as-yet-unnamed Japanese action game, we would be bringing another Laughing Jackal game to Steam. So, I’m pleased to be able to tell you we’ll be releasing Laughing Jackal’s compulsive action puzzler, Cubixx HD on Steam before the end of 2015.

Cubixx HD was Laughing Jackal’s first non-mini and is a particular favourite of mine, with compulsive score chasing in single player and the local multiplayer being incredibly good fun both in co-op and versus. While I might be a bit biased it wasn’t just me who thought so, with Official PlayStation Magazine UK calling it: “One of the most gloriously addictive, knuckle-bitingly frustrating experiences you can have on PSN.” Eurogamer also gave it an 8/10, calling it: “Murderously addictive.” The Sixthaxis also awarded Cubixx HD with an 8/10, saying it: “Hovers on the cusp of absolute, delightful joy.”

There are some screenshots at the above link and the games trailer can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRrHznZtWs

Monooboe

Whoa, I experienced something really weird for the first time, I'm playing AC Unity walking around and admiring the graphics and walk on the street and see Notre-dame and think "wow thanks an impressive building" and then realize how I thought the opposite when seeing it in real life. My mind is blown that I can think a game can be more impressive than the real life, and slightly disturbing.o_O Has to be a combination of field of view and scale being so different that did it.

guys should I buy Civilization V: The Complete Edition from humble store at $12.49 or do we expect it to be cheaper in the sale?

The deal ends right before the Steam sale .

Kyougar

the-book-of-unwritten-tales-B-1442503335.jpg

price glitch over, it is now 13.99

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
are you doing it?

really think its worth it?

Yeah. It's one of the few times of the year where people who generally don't use Steam actually use Steam, so even without featured deals there'll still be plenty of "What games do I buy?" and "Is Game X worth $Y?" discussions.

Indiegala Hump Day Bundle

http://www.indiegala.com

$1

Rumble
Lost in Paradise
Go to Bed Survive the Night

$2.49

BloodRayne
BloodRayne 2
BloodRayne Betrayal
Shadows on the Vatican Act 1 Greed
Advent Rising
Guardians of Victoria
Legena Union Tides
Armed with Wings Rearmed
Cold Dreams

Hektor

Bloodborne arrived, i'm so excited! #Hype

oops, i forgot, i can't play Bloodborne PVP without paying money. Thx sonni

Indiegala Hump Day Bundle

http://www.indiegala.com

$1

Rumble
Lost in Paradise
Go to Bed Survive the Night

$2.49

BloodRayne
BloodRayne 2
BloodRayne Betrayal
Shadows on the Vatican Act 1 Greed
Advent Rising
Guardians of Victoria
Legena Union Tides
Armed with Wings Rearmed
Cold Dreams

This is actually a good bundle.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Could we get a hint on what that game may be ;)

Can't really say too much until we've signed it I'm afraid. I have mentioned before that it's one a lot of people have requested we do. I've had more emails asking us to do it then I've received for any other game in the last couple of years.

Can't really say too much until we've signed it I'm afraid. I have mentioned before that it's one a lot of people have requested we do. I've had more emails asking us to do it then I've received for any other game in the last couple of years.

Oooh, now I'm intrigued.

Can't wait for the reveal!

Grief.exe

Closing this thread isn't helpful, fam.

There are a good number of people in the "community" that don't really want to answer the same question 337 times while trying to carry a discussion with others.
Make a thread on gaming side for discussing anything to do with the sale and leave this around until Jshackles puts up the December edition.

The point of those threads was largely to have people asking "Is this game worth it?" every time the sales changed. But instead of that, if something like 2,000+ games get discounts simultaneously on day 1, you're still going to have people asking -- it just won't be staggered over the course of a couple days.

Plus it raises awareness of the sale starting/how long it runs/allows the neophytes to ask questions about how things work/provides a place to discuss anything sale related. And most importantly, it keeps the really annoying/stupid/useless "dicussion" out of here.

Nah, that's arbitrary fam.

The entire forum structure is predicated on sustaining conversation while ignoring erroneous posts. Either ignoring pointless questions in here, or ignoring pointless talk in here. It's the same thing.

Might as well grow this community and help out new users at the same time, or ignore them entirely. It is arbitrary after all.

Asgaro

Holy shit, MS is getting more annoying by the minute!

Now they randomly opened up this window:
pK5CrIA.png

I thought the practice of pop-ups was killed off in the 90s. I guess MS doesn't give a shit.

edit: I clicked "Upgrade later" and the fuckers started the download anyway.
WGgyvn2.png

Deitus

I uh, I literally know nothing about the gameplay. I don't dislike anime, I like comedic games, I like fourth-wall stuff, but I don't know if the actual gameplay is worthwhile.

The battle system is pretty cool, but it can get a bit grindy (not too bad for the main quest, but there are a few difficult spikes that encourage a bit if grinding). The reused dungeons put a bit of a damper in exploration though. I think it's worth playing if you get it on sale, but its hard to recommend unqualified.

I do enjoy the characters and humor though, and the fanservice, while definitely present is not nearly as over the top as I was led to believe.

Grief.exe

http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/brands/god-of-war/kratos-statue.html

$500 for a pretty dope Kratos statue. If I didn't have a feeling I will be getting laid off in January I would pull the trigger.

It's a good thing we are avoiding that sales thread!

500? Throw it in your IRA man, you will get a better return.

Anyone know of a sale on Steam cards? I didn't see anything in the Black Friday thread.

I'm always on the lookout for one of those.

Fry's has them on sale fairly consistently, but you have to live in selected locations for that. Otherwise, I rarely see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom