• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the authenticity. To be fair the first time I heard Castlevania's Vampire Killer at the speed it was meant to be played it sounded really odd. Sonic is even more soul destroying. My childhood was a lie, a slow pace lie!

Well maybe not my Speccy memories but there's only so much 8 colours can convey

Orrrr we embrace physical copies still in 2015 and pay £29.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IS6S81G/

It's 99.99% cert to be Steamworks.

The .01% is what worries me.

Arthea

Arkham Knight 60 euros for me too on GMG.. are they really gonna make this the standard now.. fuck that.

we don't need to tolerate that, I'm for one not buying any game priced this way, even with discount, I buy it only when base price is dropped, voting with my wallet and all that.

derExperte

You can easily cancel Amazon orders even when they're being prepared to ship so the risk is 0% since we'll know until then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only worry is the WB Play rumors on the horizon. Still don't have enough information on that particular subject to lean either way though.

WB Play is just WBID rebranded. Shadow of Mordor "uses" it.

Join WBPlay to gain access to exclusive bonus content in different games by WB Games. If you have a WBID (Warner Bros. ID), you're already a member!

Vuze

WB Play is just WBID rebranded. Shadow of Mordor "uses" it.

Yeah, I was surprised to see it in the menu. However it asked me for my age when I selected it and was told 20 is not enough to access WBPlay so I didn't bother lol

Kiru

Finished Half Life 2, Episode 1 as well as Episode 2. Now I'm waiting like all of you. 7 years already, still good games I gotta say. (Half Life 2 is even 10 years old....)

MadGear

Finished Half Life 2, Episode 1 as well as Episode 2. Now I'm waiting like all of you. 7 years already, still good games I gotta say.

Did you play it with the cinematic mod or without? Wanted to play HL2 a few days ago with that mod but sadly it requires both episodes ... which i still don't own even after all these years :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp, I figured today was as good a day as any to put in a few pre-orders:

kyHWu8W.png

Sorry SteamGAF and NintendoGAF, I've failed you.
I don't even own a PS4.

Something tells me that my youngest son will probably have small kids of his own by the time Kingdom Hearts III is actually released. So that'll be a good excuse for a grown ass man to be playing a game with Disney characters.

madjoki

Yeah, I was surprised to see it in the menu. However it asked me for my age when I selected it and was told 20 is not enough to access WBPlay so I didn't bother lol

It seems to be buggy and not always take input, so you might have inputted only 2.

Ozium

What's this poo about AMD not releasing codes until after release? I havent received any emails from them... I am about to riot.

Happy birthday SHACKLEZ

Happy deathday AMD

thus lyfe can never be changed

Kiru

Did you play it with the cinematic mod or without? Wanted to play HL2 a few days ago with that mod but sadly it requires both episodes ... which i still don't own even after all these years :D

Without. I wanted the original experience, like everybody else had when they played it for the first time. Also did you see the Alyx model in the Cinematic Mod. So oversexualized :D You can play without that model I know, just sayin...^^

Too much Adriana Lima influence, lol, dunno how the model of the mod looks now:

What's this poo about AMD not releasing codes until after release? I havent received any emails from them... I am about to riot.

Happy birthday SHACKLEZ

Happy deathday AMD

Yeah, I got one for Star Citizen keys being delayed, but nothing about Alien. Shit sucks. I guess it gives me time to finish Outlast.

Miguel81

Happy birthday SHACKLEZ

Happy deathday AMD

Not until they fix the damn GPU scaling....

Anteater

yea i did the same with paper mario and majora's mask back in the n64 days. prices were pretty steep too and i always felt so guilty deleting someone else's save for my own lol

confession time

i've never played paper mario, majora's mask, ocarina of time (i have it on gamecube for preordering wind waker) and mario rpg :D

zkylon

zkylewd
whelps didn't know i was so close to the end, finished super metroid then

wouldn't say it was perfect (boss fights were pretty shit i'd say) but yeah, no wonder this game's a classic, it's the joy of exploration at its finest.

guess it's fusion next?

confession time

i've never played paper mario, majora's mask, ocarina of time (i have it on gamecube for preordering wind waker) and mario rpg :D
that's pretty depressing, you should find the time to fix that

at least you played mario 64
you totally didn't did you lol

Anteater

ok played a bit of bioshock it's not bad so far, surprisingly more enemies than i thought which makes it easier to ease me into it

Dr Dogg

Finally!

So First there was this guy.
Who interogating didn't quite do the trick and finish him off properly as he's back now. Though I did meet his bigger twin brother this guy.
That because he was a story mission target didn't let chose how to finish him.

Then I ran into this guy.
Who rather shadily killed me by stabbing me repeatedly in the back.

So on the quest for revenge I ran into this guy.
And after taking the advice of tmarg and Locust won't be coming back anytime soon!

I'll say one thing for Mordor, never have I built up a grudge with an AI opponent outside of a fighting game. Can see me getting a fair bit of mileage out of the Challenge Mode.

That doesn't work for Ubisoft games, unless you're also ready to embrace Uplay to the fullest.

A pox on Uplay and their hideously outdated content delivery servers!

Saty

Who's up for a SteamGAF money pool to rent Amazon servers to run our own 'Steam Gauge' sales calculations like Ars did that once and doesn't seem to be doing any more? Stump or Shackles could write the script.

MadGear

Without. I wanted the original experience, like everybody else had when they played it for the first time. Also did you see the Alyx model in the Cinematic Mod. So oversexualized :D You can play without that model I know, just sayin...^^

Wow, didn't even know about that. I actually was really impressed with the environments i saw in a video but if Alyx looks like that then vanilla is probably the way to go which is sad because the other models really seem to look like proper high res versions of the old ones.

Grief.exe

Who's up for a SteamGAF money pool to rent Amazon servers to run our own 'Steam Gauge' sales calculations like Ars did that once and doesn't seem to be doing any more? Stump or Shackles could write the script.

It takes them several months to compile data. Unless they have said something specifically, I would assume they are still grinding away.

zkylon

zkylewd

holy moly that's hideous

Anteater

that's pretty depressing, you should find the time to fix that

at least you played mario 64
you totally didn't lol

oh I did! I liked it, it's the last 3d mario I liked (I played mario sunshine and didn't like it), I didn't play the super mario galaxy games though. It kind of sucks the nintendo games I played rubbed me the wrong way after snes because I skipped most of the n64 games and I didn't like the GC games that much :(

Saty

It takes them several months to compile data. Unless they have said something specifically, I would assume they are still grinding away.

They are silent about it and didn't say one thing or the other. I tweeted Kyle Orland twice asking him about it but got no response. The original article was in April. Enough time has passed and data collected to have another.

oipic

Well GAF, today's my birthday and I'm a whole year older now.

Happy Birthday, jshack. :)

I greatly admire how you've continued to contribute so positively and cheerily to SteamGAF, and of course the broader Steam community, throughout what has been a year of challenges for you. You're an asset to this place, and I dearly enjoy your presence and company here and on Steam, and wish you a great year ahead.

(enjoy Mordor!)

FloatOn

Probably not, to be honest. Personally, my "minimum" bar of quality is that of console quality. If I can't match it, or beat it, then I'll just play it on console.

yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

I'm kind of leaning towards PS4 for these new batch of games and keeping this ~3 year old pc for mid-tier and indies.

The Evil Within will probably be fine, there was quite a bit of hysteria over Mordor left unresolved until just before release and that turned out fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where did this evil within 30fps stuff come from all of a sudden?

Grief.exe

Seriously? 30fps?

That's just based off the console framerate...right?

The console version has been confirmed to be running at 30 FPS on a modified version of ID5.

Bethesda has never responded to questions on the PC framerate, hoping to alleviate that by sending out some Tweets to key developers and community managers within Bethesda

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132993878&postcount=1452

where did this evil within 30fps stuff come from all of a sudden?

The evasiveness on the issue is worrisome to say the least.

Wonder when AMD plans to release those Alien Isolation keys...

Sega/Creative Assembly are sending them out to AMD after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom