• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It is.
It gets even more depressing when you realise he's averaged about two chapters per year for the last 10 years =p
i guess, but i don't wanna read so much anyways

wish they just made a second season to the anime

or wish i had something else to watch, i'm depressed now

need to get into little witch academia mode

when is my next izombie fix god damn it

Momentary

Banned
Well, his art is amazing. Maybe that has an effect on his release schedule or like you said working for something for that long made him loose interest in it. Who knows?

He just simply probably needed a long break from the story. He wrote a 6 part manga, Gigantomakhia, during his hiatus. The man just wanted some vacation time
with Idolmaster.

I really wonder why the Battlefront Beta impressions range from pretty boring to "best thing ever".

Playing it a bit it feels like a shallow Battlefront experience. It really feels like they try to reach the newer "CoD"/Battlefield audience than the old FPS (CS, , HL1-mod UT, RTCW, ET) audience, that BF1 and 2 were going for.

I was super hyped for it but having played the beta ya it looks pretty but I'll be passing on it. I got bored of it quickly. Feels so shallow and simple. I'm sure that formula appeals to some but not me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Terra_Ex, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Terra_Ex, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-10940201B333BD54 - Taken by texhnolyze. 35 entrants total.

t1444704551z1.png

maty

He just simply probably needed a long break from the story. He wrote a 6 part manga, Gigantomakhia, during his hiatus. The man just wanted some vacation time
with Idolmaster.

Yeah haha, read it sometime ago but short stories don't grab me as much.

What's worse than waiting for Berserk to finish or at least move at a quicker pace is also reading HunterxHunter and A Song of Ice and Fire. xD
T_T

Momentary

Banned
Japanese week 1 sales numbers

[PS3] Tales of Zestiria (Bandai Namco, 01/22/15) – 340,891 (New)

There is no way it's going to get these numbers on STEAM unless it stays in the number 1 spot from now until release and thems ome.

Momentary

Banned
Neptunia Rebirth 3 Coming October 30th

SILICONERA

Here are the minimum and recommended requirements for the game.

MINIMUM:
Processor: Core2Duo 2.66 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.x or OpenGL 3.3 or better graphics card with 1 GB RAM and support for v4 shaders
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Caution: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx, 1GB VRAM 5000 series may not work properly with this game.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 3GHz Intel i3 or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.x or OpenGL 3.3 or better graphics card with 1 GB RAM and support for v4 shaders
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Caution: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx, 1GB VRAM 5000 series may not work properly with this game.

Game is going to put a hurtin' on people's toasters.

FLD

This might be a silly question but are there any risks/potential issues related to using Enhanced Steam's quick sell button?

I've been running Idle Master all week-end, so I'll have a reasonably large amount of cards to sell soon. It would be nice to skip the tedious process of listing them all but I remember hearing that Valve don't really like stuff that interacts with the marketplace, so I'm kind of hesitant here.

There is no way it's going to get these numbers on STEAM unless it stays in the number 1 spot from now until release and thems ome.

You have to consider that pretty much the only marketing they've done is the pre-order bonus.

Yeah, but MGSV day 1 sales numbers were 200k only on steamspy back then.
However, I heard that steamspy is not really accurate at day 1.

Kuroyume

Banned

We need Master Chief Collection on PC. Why on earth MS is porting Killer Instinct instead I'll never know. Who the hell asked for that.

Yeah, shit like that and Fable. And I know KI was well received, but still... The best they could do is a bunch of mobile ports? Halo is still popular and all but it isn't 2004 anymore. I don't think it has that draw anymore where they have to keep it exclusive to console. At the very least where's the harm in porting MCC? It's been a year or more. Just port the titles after the hubub has died down.

Khilandros

Now that Symphonia is unlocked, I just bought Tales of Zestiria.

Watching that bar move was something else, that slow crawl for a few months..wow. I'm surprised at how fast the sales picked up, was worried it wouldn't make it at all.

This might be a silly question but are there any risks/potential issues related to using Enhanced Steam's quick sell button?

I've been running Idle Master all week-end, so I'll have a reasonably large amount of cards to sell soon. It would be nice to skip the tedious process of listing them all but I remember hearing that Valve don't really like stuff that interacts with the marketplace, so I'm kind of hesitant here.

There should be no risk at all.

saw the halo 5 launch trailer, wish it was coming to pc :(

Halo sucks.

Why? It looks terrible. Last good Halo game was the third one.

Halo sucks.

The best Halo games are already on Steam.

This guy.

And this guy. No way I was going to buy an X1 and a fight stick and XBLG to play that game. Now all I had to buy was KI. And hopefully, with some practice, I can destroy some X1 players and laugh about it. :3

KI isn't going to be on Steam though right?

Who cares at this point?
It's coming to PC, which is better than it being stuck on X1.
That alone has already saved me more than $450, so I can deal with just adding it to Steam as a non-Steam game when it releases.

nah fuck that just give us Lost Odyssey you can keep the rest microsoft

Lost Odyssey... well, I was going to go with sucks, but it's really more... mediocre.

Honestly I'm glad since I'll actually buy KI.

Already bought when it was 50% for everything over the Summer after the PC version was announced. Since it's crossbuy and all...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Got a problem if someone's willing to help. Can someone tell me of the games I own, which ones can be played one handed/aren't that taxing? I've got free time but I hurt my hand. I've been eyeing Gemini Rue because it's point and click, so it should be doable with one hand.

The only hangups I see is the one with Valve sending you a confirmation email for items > $3 trying to be listed on the market. Also the whole meta problem of if enough Steam users use quick sell, it'd drive prices further down due to constant undercutting, and therefore make the items worthless. I don't think there's enough Enhanced Steam users to do that though, but it's why I keep matching the lowest price anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Got a problem if someone's willing to help. Can someone tell me of the games I own, which ones can be played one handed/aren't that taxing? I've got free time but I hurt my hand. I've been eyeing Gemini Rue because it's point and click, so it should be doable with one hand.
little inferno and xcom and spacechem are very good games that can be played with one hand

Been trying to get to City of Gold but it's tough and leaves waaaaay less room for error than an ironman run. This is a real challenge.

Anywho, after several fruitless runs I gave Lost and Damned another whirl - as compensation for all the skill-based gaming.
Not gonna lie, the characters are so far the best in all of GTA4 content. They make me even hopeful of some actual good story. Even the sarcastic ones are miles better. Gave me a couple giggles.
In terms of visuals, BoGT felt a bit more snazzy but it's still as fun as ever to go into free-cam and search for good motives. Forgot to enable MFAA in Nvidia settings, so there are probably a few jaggies here and there.
Driving under the rails and seeing the beautiful light-shafts wander over the gorgeous metallic paint of my car is still an incredible eye-candy. (WebM ~13secs/15MB @bullet-time)

All in all I'm enjoying Lost&Damned a lot more than BoGT so far, even though later had more variety and the awesome Buzz chopper.

Adnor

Banned

I think Legend of Grimrock can be played with just one hand. Also XCOM Enemy Unknown.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
little inferno and xcom and spacechem are very good games that can be played with one hand

I think Legend of Grimrock can be played with just one hand. Also XCOM Enemy Unknown.

That was quick. Thanks guys! I think I'll start with Little Inferno because it looks quick, and then maybe do XCOM.

If you want something meaty, KOTOR should work for you.
A RPG is pretty tempting. After I go through Little Inferno I'll see whether I feel more up for XCOM or this.

FLD

There should be no risk at all.

Alright, thanks.

The only hangups I see is the one with Valve sending you a confirmation email for items > $3 trying to be listed on the market. Also the whole meta problem of if enough Steam users use quick sell, it'd drive prices further down due to constant undercutting, and therefore make the items worthless. I don't think there's enough Enhanced Steam users to do that though, but it's why I keep matching the lowest price anyway.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of causing whatever problems for my account specifically, which it sounds like it shouldn't. I mean, I kinda figured that if it was causing serious issues for people jshackles would've removed it by now, but I just wanted to make sure.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
SpaceChem
Shadowgate
Little Inferno
Long Live The Queen
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite

Not 100% on Ballpoint, I'm pretty sure I was only using the mouse when I tried it out. Shadowgate I'm assuming is a point and click game.

impact

Banned
Apparently a lot of people asked for KI then. At least you guys can get a Steam refund after you realize what a mistake you made :p

Woohooo I won Wasteland 2! Perfect timing, just before Zesty. Thanks Terra_Ex.

So, the director's cut is to be released today, right? Should I wait until then or just download the game right now and update it later? I'm afraid the update will be a big one.

Anteater

halo is pretty fun, halo 3 clicked with me and I enjoyed the semi open map, it's a lot more different than most of the corridor stuff you get in this gen even though it's not exactly an open world game, and there are vehicles and stuff, it gives you some freedom on how to approach the mission, there are some pretty bad levels tho like the ones related to the flood.

I want to replay it on coop since I never got the chance to, was too cheap to pay for xblive back then, both my friend and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom