• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Just this second finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

What the fuck was that ending?

Officially? The second part of an ambitious trilogy with an interesting cliffhanger ending! In reality (/in my opinion)? They ran out of time/money and this is what they had ready for release date.

Drayco21

Officially? The second part of an ambitious trilogy with an interesting cliffhanger ending! In reality (/in my opinion)? They ran out of time/money and this is what they had ready for release date.

According to Jim Sterling, the game was supposed to have a way more complete, self-standing plot, and Square Enix forced them to cut the game in half and pad both halves out to sell as standalone products with microtransactions bolted on, which sounds like a real bummer if true.

Don't know if any other reporter ever reached out and corroborated with their own sources, though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Like it even has an after credits scene lol

fair play, I didn't see that twist coming, but pure sequel bait :(

data

I put my commons folder on a seperate partition on the same hard drive, reinstalled windows, put my commons folder back into the steam folder, and steam won't detect my games. what do?

if I download them manually, it'll say it's detecting existing files. But this is a tedious task.

BorntoPlay

take it..

Note: Third code is Two Worlds II

ModBot said:
Instructions for BorntoPlay:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spacechem -- MB-F3AA94A05B840D85 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-9139FCD1D20EC5D6 - Taken by spacellama
LQDMR-HINNI-TN46T -- MB-077F8A87B41B75AC - Taken by bulletbill10

Nzyme32

Just this second finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

What the fuck was that ending?

Quite abrupt - but I was prepared since the mobile app and one of those triangles spoiled that this was the final map.

The only way that ending makes sense is if

- you understand and believe while playing that the game was cut in half by Sqenix in order to make a sequel that wasn't necessary.
- You played the OG Deus Ex and read through a ton of the emails,
particularly those found if you did the bank heist but also pillaged each of the corporate bank vaults to understand what was going on
, as well as finishing a few of rather important side quests
true Eliza side quest, one of the ones pertaining to everet as well as Picus etc

Only with those does some of the exposition at the end seem necessary and the extra scene in the credits has some slight extra meaning.

BUT - even with all of that, it is a shit ending that is abrupt and quite blatantly slapped together due to cut content

Plasma

Banned
Just cancelled my Mafia 3 pre-order because I found out it was releasing at 6pm UK time on the day of release. Publishers stop doing this, I don't take a day off work to play games just to have to wait all day for the game to unlock.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just cancelled my Mafia 3 pre-order because I found out it was releasing at 6pm UK time on the day of release. Publishers stop doing this, I don't take a day off work to play games just to have to wait all day for the game to unlock.

vpn to new zealand, it'll be out tomorrow night

The Mafia III Twitter account said the game unlocks at 9 PM Pacific/Midnight Eastern tomorrow night for US players...but the Steam Store page has it unlocking at the normal 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern time Friday.

hopefully their Twitter account is the right one

Plasma

Banned
vpn to new zealand, it'll be out tomorrow night

It looks like they're releasing at the same time across all regions otherwise I would be fine it it unlocked at midnight on the 6th UK time.

The Mafia III Twitter account said the game unlocks at 9 PM Pacific/Midnight Eastern tomorrow night for US players...but the Steam Store page has it unlocking at the normal 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern time Friday.

hopefully their Twitter account is the right one

Yeah I just saw that, if it is up by then I'll just buy it from Steam again, if not I'll just have to go into town and pick up the PS4 version.

Tizoc

New Transformers/Hasbro comics bundle-
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-revolution-comic-book-bundle

Contains the following:
Transformers Infiltration: The first story arc from 10ish years ago when IDW got the rights to make TF comics. Written by Simon Furman and is an overall good book.

Transformers More than meets the eye: The best comic series you're not reading right now. The bundle is missing a few books though-
Last Stand of the Wreckers, before reading MTMTE, you should read this as the series will references this story as it progress.

Transformers: Chaos Theory- Has a 2 parter that is also referenced in later stories

Transformers Dark Prelude- Collection of stand alone stories but with a few that take place between Volume 3 and 4, and thus has to be read to clear something up that comes up in Dark Cybertron story arc.

tl;dr- If you get this bundle follow this reading order for (current) TF comics-
1- Last Stand of the Wreckers (Optional: Read the Spotlight Kup one-shot)
2- TF: Chaos Theory
3- More than meets the eye Vol. 1-3
4- TF Dark Prelude
5- MTMTE Vol. 4-5
6- Dark Cybertron
7- MTMTE Vol. 6 onwards

Tellaerin

Thanks everyone! Great to see the love of gaming and giveaways spreading in here, that's honestly all I could have hoped for for my birthday. Keep being awesome everyone. Wish I had more time for gaming today, but I have an important job interview to get to so I won't be around when that timer on my giveaway kicks off - so congrats in advance to the winners!

Happy birthday, man! Good luck on that interview - getting a nice position somewhere sounds like it'd make a sweet birthday present.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Contains the following:
Transformers Infiltration: The first story arc from 10ish years ago when IDW got the rights to make TF comics. Written by Simon Furman and is an overall good book.

Transformers More than meets the eye: The best comic series you're not reading right now. The bundle is missing a few books though-
Last Stand of the Wreckers, before reading MTMTE, you should read this as the series will references this story as it progress.

Transformers: Chaos Theory- Has a 2 parter that is also referenced in later stories

Transformers Dark Prelude- Collection of stand alone stories but with a few that take place between Volume 3 and 4, and thus has to be read to clear something up that comes up in Dark Cybertron story arc.

tl;dr- If you get this bundle follow this reading order for (current) TF comics-
4- TF Dark Prelude
5- MTMTE Vol. 4-5
6- Dark Cybertron
7- MTMTE Vol. 6 onwards

damn that $8 tier is a steal

Drayco21

Contains the following:

4- TF Dark Prelude
5- MTMTE Vol. 4-5
6- Dark Cybertron
7- MTMTE Vol. 6 onwards

This is a great bundle- MTMTE is a must-read, it's so much fun. IDW Transformers is best Transformers.

Contains the following:

4- TF Dark Prelude
5- MTMTE Vol. 4-5
6- Dark Cybertron
7- MTMTE Vol. 6 onwards

This looks cool...did Larry Hama write any of those Joe books?

Vic_Viper

Anyone here playing Smash+Grab?

Is there a thread for it yet? I've searched and only found the announcement thread.

Cyanide/Focus posted this brief Styx 2 gif to the Styx Facebook page a couple of days ago. Still no release date, but no delay, either, so I assume it's still on track for 2016.

Been waiting forever for some sort of news about this. Any idea for a launch window or price yet lol? You'd think they would want to get the word out alil more than they did with the first one atleast. Really hope 2 does well for them, I'll be buying it day one for sure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Been waiting forever for some sort of news about this. Any idea for a launch window or price yet lol? You'd think they would want to get the word out alil more than they did with the first one atleast. Really hope 2 does well for them, I'll be buying it day one for sure.

Nothing whatsoever other than it was announced as a 2016 title and has yet to slip.

Edit: In today's joint episode of "I Feel Old" and "Half-Life 3 is Never Coming Out":
It occurred to me last night that more time has passed between Episode Two and "now" than Half-Life and Episode Two (3,283 days versus 3,258).

kagamin

Happy Birthday to me!
bfa41e340fdc049be1882719380866b8f9c8ddd5_hq.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total.

t1475783008z1.png

Teppic

It turns out I already had Tomb Raider from jshackles giveaway. Here's a chance to get it again. Be sure to thank jshackles
ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Tomb Raider failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1475698146z1.png

Edit: Hmm. I nuked the key, it didn't work?

kagamin

Yea actually the giveaway code is MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total., notnMegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total., I made a mistake.

Kiru

Yea actually the giveaway code is MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total., notnMegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total., I made a mistake.

As long as the key was the same the code will still also be the same :)

Patison

In the past months, were there any Humble Monthly leaks?

I'm still holding on, but Grim Dawn looks soooo tempting

In other news, I hate South Park with all my heart, but Stick of Truth is outstanding.

Main quest is fucking hype and I even laughed two or three times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom