• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
The Silver Case is out. £14.99, no discount on Steam, Playism have it for $13.49 ($14.99 -10% discount running for a week).

I would say, it's a bargain if you can buy the dollar price from Playism using UK pounds, but fuck Brexit and its tanking of the exchange-rate.

AHA-Lambda

The Silver Case is out. £14.99, no discount on Steam, Playism have it for $13.49 ($14.99 -10% discount running for a week).

I would say, it's a bargain if you can buy the dollar price from Playism using UK pounds, but fuck Brexit and its tanking of the exchange-rate.

10% off discount is now live on Steam at £13.49 vs $18 on Playism, so it's actually cheaper on Steam.

Pixieking

Banned
10% off discount is now live on Steam at £13.49 vs $18 on Playism, so it's actually cheaper on Steam.

Cool... I thought it weird that there was no discount on Steam. Good to know I was just early with my post.:p

It seems 13.49 dollars is for the extra content, not the game !!!

Oh, holy fuck? How did I miss that? And what the hell? That's not right. :D Yeah, game is 18 bucks, as AHA-Lambda notes above. :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well my steam friends God has finally come for Florida-man, may he rest in RIP. Farewell to Steam it was nice. i got like 12 hours left.

I've just spent the past 2 hours trying to get Viva Pinata to work with Steam. It kept crashing when I tried to start it up: it worked fine if I accessed the exe from the folder though. The reason I wanted to run it through Steam was to take advantage of my Steam Controller, make a config etc. I did a lot of random things trying to find out what the problem was and now that I know, it's ridiculous... The game will crash if the Steam Controller is on before it is launched. If I launch it then turn the controller on, it's completely fine. What the fuck.

Games from the Joystick thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Club Manager 2015 -- MB-73911C386369F311 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-86A88092066238ED - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.

t1475767946z1.png

Well my steam friends God has finally come for Florida-man, may he rest in RIP. Farewell to Steam it was nice. i got like 12 hours left.

Are you in an evac zone? Most of the eastern coast is and I'm waiting to hear from friends if they're crossing the state to stay with us.

This one looks gnarly.

Vlad

I really want Shenzen! I haven't beaten a Zachtronics game yet but I sure do love starting them lol.

One of these days I'll beat SpaceChem, I swear.

It's not that I find the puzzles to be completely insurmountable, it's just a matter of finding the hours to bang my head against the wall trying to solve them.

In that way, Infinifactory almost felt too easy for a Zachtronics game. It wasn't until the last couple sets of levels that I was really feeling the pressure as far as working space goes. Otherwise most of the early levels ended up being "make the thing, then transport it the other 2/3 of the level using one long conveyor belt".

One of these days I'll beat SpaceChem, I swear.

It's not that I find the puzzles to be completely insurmountable, it's just a matter of finding the hours to bang my head against the wall trying to solve them.

In that way, Infinifactory almost felt too easy for a Zachtronics game. It wasn't until the last couple sets of levels that I was really feeling the pressure as far as working space goes. Otherwise most of the early levels ended up being "make the thing, then transport it the other 2/3 of the level using one long conveyor belt".
Ive prob spent the least time with intimidatory for some reason. Maybe I should go back to that first 🤔

Eternia

Were the Giant bomb guys not liking the PSVR?
They seemed to like the quality of the headset in general. Visually looks good and comfortable. What caused problems was the tracking which varied anywhere from mostly fine to really disorienting. The latter could be a hardware issue since it felt like it was happening more often with one particular headset (they had two on their stream) and most other reviews don't mention it. What they described it as was the world "pulsing" or moving in and out even if they were remaining still. Tracking the controller had similar issues but it didn't bother them while playing as much.

rtcn63

EDIT: Too late

I'm really interested in seeing how RE7's core game turns out. I don't want Outlast 2.0 (especially since there's already an Outlast 2).

gjKxgJC.png

FMhRDBB.png

And that's a wrap. Accomplished all my goals I had with Spelunky. Suddenly the urge to have just one more run faded away. That's a good thing though. Had plenty of fun. Time for something new.

Vlad

Ive prob spent the least time with Infinifactory for some reason. Maybe I should go back to that first 🤔

The difficulty curve is a lot gentler than the other Zachtronics games. While SpaceChem goes from "Oh, this is a tutorial level" to "Hm, that's interesting" to "oh my god, I'm never going to solve this" fairly quickly, Infinifactory eases you into things a lot slower. I could see someone who's used to a usual Zachtronics difficulty wall thinking that Infinifactory is just kind of dull in comparison, but it isn't until the second half of the game that they start throwing some more interesting tweaks on the design at you. For example, there's a set of levels where you have to
Feed the completed object through a teleporter that breaks it down into its indivudal blocks, but then reassemble it on the other end of the teleporter. This way, you have to make sure that you're putting it into the teleporter in a way that will make it easier for you to reassemble it on the other end, since the blocks pop out in the same order they went in

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-E5628F2778EB28CD - Taken by Catshade. 13 entrants total.

t1475773577z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Memories of A Vagabond -- MB-5CAE9B1DEAF617D2 - Taken by illusionary

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Gravity Badgers failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Post Apocalyptic Mayhem failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Miner Wars Arena failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for BlackSoul Extended Edition failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Millennium New Hope failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Battlepaths (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Darkout failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for SOL: Exodus failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Soulbringer failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Rush Bros failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Sch1sm

Huh, oh well. Here for all the ones that are red. My bad. I don't remember entering them. Or winning them here, for that matter.

Millennium New Hope -- 2XGG2-LQ34D-V5IKE
Battlepaths (Desura) -- 1242P-Z6YPQ-0OJCN-ZHEHF-BPFKU
Darkout -- J5LAL-2RT3F-HW24R
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- EK0DX-M9P22-XRGM7
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- 6YC52-C9W88-RJD7H
SOL: Exodus -- YQ5AF-6B5VP-43YDP
Gravity Badgers -- 4F7TH-WGP9N-AJH4W
Soulbringer -- PQH4Q-AGC7Q-J5NZ5
Rush Bros -- HRPXT-E739I-5XDFW
Miner Wars Arena -- CNXNG-6VFN9-FVBEE

E: No one wants this trash, maybe lurkers do, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
alex navarro just said he heard rumors that the pc release of mafia 3 is locked at 30fps

dave navarro just responded to rumors that he was going to rejoin red hot chili peppers saying he's locked to jane's addiction

Vlad

So I did it. I finally caved and bought a controller (Xbox One) for use with my PC. After being initially confused by all the games that had what I thought were bizarrely incorrect input prompts (so many times I was wondering why all these PC developers kept saying that things were bound to the Y key, and the less said about my futile attempts to hit L and T together at the same time to make something happen, the better), then being annoyed by games that were downright clunky without the controller, I figured it's best to give up and just deal with the fact that I'm not going to be able to use m/kb for everything.

Primarily, it was Dark Souls that pushed me over the edge. I picked it up a long while ago, but couldn't even make it through the tutorial, since all of the button prompts are for the controller. On top of that, the unanimous opinion of SteamGAF seemed to be that a controller is very necessary for the game anyway, so here we are.

Of course, now I'm on the other end of the spectrum, with problems arising from my attempts at a controller-only Steam:

- Is there any way to force the mouse cursor to go away? While most games are pretty good at making it disappear, there's still a few that don't.

- I'm assuming that Valve doesn't actually verify that a developer's claim of "Controller Support", right? While most of the games that say they support the controller do it seamlessly, there are some that either don't work at all (Pac Man Championship Edition DX), or some that are just broken (Super Hexagon seems to think I'm constantly holding to one side or the other). On top of that, there are some games which DO support the controller, but don't have it listed, like Chime.

- What's the go-to software to use with a controller on a PC these days? I've seen people mention Joy2Key in various threads. Is that still the one to use? Is there anything else that ends up being unusually useful?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- What's the go-to software to use with a controller on a PC these days? I've seen people mention Joy2Key in various threads. Is that still the one to use? Is there anything else that ends up being unusually useful?

Pinnacle, which is 70% off at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom