• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

I wanted to try finishing Tales of Symphonia before the free weekend ends. I looked up how long it is and it's 50 hours long, damn.

Today is the day of Shenzhen I/O. Anyone willing to buy the early access, or are you rather waiting for the release planned in December?

Zachtronics Early Access is not like others. He releases games near complete, and Early Access is mainly for community feedback and smaller fixes

I have an image of a key. I didn't mark it as used but that's not a guarantee. I have no idea where this key is from probably some freebie that I collected along the road. Please don'ty curse me if this doesn't work.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Savant - Ascent -- MB-8C3319B2B393F184 - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1475774981z1.png

Op musou 3 runs fine for some but the port quality leaves much to be desired

Bruning blood should run fine i guess.

Hmm, it's too bad that the port is no good. I've been watching new episodes of One Piece lately with my gf because she's an old fan, but I don't have time to go back and watch all bajillion episodes to catch up on all the characters. I was hoping that playing the musou games could give me a kind of small fresher course. Are *any* of the overall musou games on Steam good ports...?

fantomena

Mafia 3 having a shitty PC-version saddens me. Didn't really have any expectations at all or excitements for it. However I did enjoy Mafia 2 so it's petty.

derExperte

Giantbomb thread, the technical problem thread, the PSVR exclusive thread.

Some were like, where some people said "PSVR is the worst" that they must be lying.
Some said it must be a MS conspiracy, being totally serious.
The exclusive thread was like "No games on PCVR." and when you showed great PCVR games like Assembly, Pollen, Subnautica, Tabletop Simulator, Climb etc. they disregarded that.

Stop using Trump-like tactics to bring down Sony's latest achievement thousands of people worked hard for. How toxic and unethical.

Just burn GAF down. It's dead.

Oh it's already burning, been for a while. And after the last couple of days I'd say SteamGAF is smoldering too.

Tizoc

Pre-order a game in 2016.
Ive prordered various games over the past months mainly 3ds games
I plan on preordering styx 2 too down the line

The preorder debate only comes up ith the one or two poor performing games and tende o fall apart when there are more games that people preorder and they run fine.

fantomena

Ive prordered various games over the past months mainly 3ds games
I plan on preordering styx 2 too down the line

The preorder debate only comes up ith the one or two poor performing games and tende o fall apart when there are more games that people preorder and they run fine.

But why pre-order at all?

Tizoc

Hmm, it's too bad that the port is no good. I've been watching new episodes of One Piece lately with my gf because she's an old fan, but I don't have time to go back and watch all bajillion episodes to catch up on all the characters. I was hoping that playing the musou games could give me a kind of small fresher course. Are *any* of the overall musou games on Steam good ports...?
Weeeeeell
There is a musou lite game if ur interesetd- yaiba: ninja gaiden z
Runs at 60 fps for one thing

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I want to interview the gaffer who hates crowd funding but preorders all their games.

Hektor

Shadow Warrior 2 – New PC details revealed

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/shado...feature-fov-slider-will-support-slicrossfire/

No Denuvo or any form of DRM
Uncapped FPS, Variable refresh rates available
21:9 Ultrawide support
Controller support
Uses DX11
Temporal AA support
SSAA support
Sli support
Customizable crosshair
Resolution scale slider
Full key mapping
FOV slider
Playing at 1080p ( at ultra settings ) FPS rates are = In a 660 – 40 fps / On a 970 – 60 fps
Texture quality = 2 gb – High textures / 4 gb – Ultra textures
You can turn off almost the entire HUD and Ui if you want, eg. Damage numbers and the enemy health bars.
You can disable and edit chromatic aberration / lens dirt / motion blur / DOF / lens flare
Steam Cloud support
Linux and Mac versions are upcoming. No support at launch.

OTHER GAME FEATURES

No regional censorship (eg Germany or Australia )
Crossplay with GOG players
Coop is 100% optional and campaing never forces you to buddy up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I know this question isn't directed at me, but there are a number of reasons someone might want to pre-order a game:

• They want to play it launch - this is especially true of physical game pre-orders. Digital pre-orders typically let you pre-load the game and play it immediately on release. Obviously if you plan on doing this, you don't (or shouldn't) care about framerates, resolution, etc.
  • Discounts - here in the US, Amazon provides a 20% discount for pre-ordering any physical title, but that discount goes away a few days after the game launches. Some sites like GMG offer similar deals for pre-orders on some titles.
  • Just don't care - this is where all of my pre-orders personally fall. Dragon Quest Builders is coming out next week - I've played (and loved) the demo, and I don't care if the game is a total technical mess at launch, I still want to own it. Same with Final Fantasy XV.

Probably other reasons people have, but these are mine.

Tizoc

I know this question isn't directed at me, but there are a number of reasons someone might want to pre-order a game:

• They want to play it launch - this is especially true of physical game pre-orders. Digital pre-orders typically let you pre-load the game and play it immediately on release. Obviously if you plan on doing this, you don't (or shouldn't) care about framerates, resolution, etc.
  • Discounts - here in the US, Amazon provides a 20% discount for pre-ordering any physical title, but that discount goes away a few days after the game launches. Some sites like GMG offer similar deals for pre-orders on some titles.
  • Just don't care - this is where all of my pre-orders personally fall. Dragon Quest Builders is coming out next week - I've played (and loved) the demo, and I don't care if the game is a total technical mess at launch, I still want to own it. Same with Final Fantasy XV.

Probably other reasons people have, but these are mine.
Uh dude
Dq builders isnt a good example mainly as
The game is already out in japan for Months now :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Uh dude
Dq builders isnt a good example mainly as
The game is already out in japan for Months now :p

It still fits in my "Just don't care" category - I will want to own it regardless of it's quality. Even though it's been out in Japan for months, maybe they removed a lot of features? Or maybe it's translated extremely poorly? There are lots of ways to fuck up a localization.

Tizoc

It still fits in my "Just don't care" category - I will want to own it regardless of it's quality. Even though it's been out in Japan for months, maybe they removed a lot of features? Or maybe it's translated extremely poorly? There are lots of ways to fuck up a localization.
Nah hen it comes to dragon quest expect good localization mainly as the game is filled with puns and is reflected in the game

There are very few games hat come to mind that at worst just have passable localization like some musou games

Uzzy

Preloads, actually legitimate goodies for pre-ordering, early highly positive reviews and impressions. There's also a few developers that I'd buy any game from no matter what, like Supergiant, CD Projekt, Obsidian and Paradox.

fantomena

What a weekend planned. Mafia, Gears, Paper Mario.

So.many.games. <3

I barely have time to games these days. :( Only played Quantum Break since it's Steam release and I just reached act 3.
Preloads, actually legitimate goodies for pre-ordering, early highly positive reviews and impressions. There's also a few developers that I'd buy any game from no matter what, like Supergiant, CD Projekt, Obsidian and Paradox.

I don't pre-loads games anymore cause unpacking takes more time than downloading. 95% of pre-order goodies are useless to me (don't care about cosmetics, maps, OSTs etc.)

Even games Im pretty sure will be super good I don't pre-order. Just waiting till release day and buy it then. That's just me. There's always a chance I don't either have time or the game is messed up somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom