• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2021 |OT| Let me tell you a story... [24th of June - 8th of July]

Mrw GIF

Hopefully a decent sale. Feels like it's been forever since I've been excited for a Steam sale.

amigastar

For now i want
Dusk
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD Edition
everything else we'll see.
I returned a game on steam, does someone know when i get the refund? Steam email says 7 days. I thought it would be quicker. Does it really take 7 days?

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Between Epic's sale & coupons and previous Steam sales, there honestly isn't much I want. My PC backlog is full of high quality titles like Valhalla, Cyberpunk (yeah, yeah), XCom 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Original Sin 2, every strategy game outside of Blizzard... the list is pretty huge. That's not even including entire series, like Resident Evil. Most of the other great titles I've beaten.

Still, maybe some games I've wishlisted from years past will be really cheap.

Last edited:

TheMan

Vaguely interested. I'm also considering picking up scarlet nexus though so if i pick that up I might have to pass on the sale entirely

Rickyiez

Hopefully RE8 got some nice discounts. Wanted to pick up Scarlet Nexus as well but don't think there will be any reduction

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's that time of year again

Steam Sale GIF by Swaps4

There isn't much I'm really after though. I hope that Lodess War game gets a good discount. I'm also planning on picking up the new Elder Scrolls Online expansion, but since it's only a few weeks old I'm not holding my breath it'll even be discounted.

NeilH1982

Banned
Awesome, can't wait to not see all these great sales they have on because the storefront is an incomprehensible mess.

At least key sellers usually adjust for Steam sales. Probably check those out this weekend

Dr.D00p

I struggle to see how these are relevant any more, in an age of copious amounts of giveaway free games and the fact that just about every month of the year there is a big discount sale on at least one of the digital store fronts.

Kenpachii

I struggle to see how these are relevant any more, in an age of copious amounts of giveaway free games and the fact that just about every month of the year there is a big discount sale on at least one of the digital store fronts.

Exactly every week or month there is a huge sale somewhere, keysites basically have games on permanent sales, free games on a lot of shops. Kinda gets a bit useless. I feel like every single client i boot up at any given time has a "huge sale" going on.

amigastar

Exactly every week or month there is a huge sale somewhere, keysites basically have games on permanent sales, free games on a lot of shops. Kinda gets a bit useless. I feel like every single client i boot up at any given time has a "huge sale" going on.
The problem with keysites is that the Dev doesn't earn any money from it.

Rikkori

Between Epic's sale & coupons and previous Steam sales, there honestly isn't much I want. My PC backlog is full of high quality titles like Valhalla, Cyberpunk (yeah, yeah), XCom 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Original Sin 2, every strategy game outside of Blizzard... the list is pretty huge. That's not even including entire series, like Resident Evil. Most of the other great titles I've beaten.

Still, maybe some games I've wishlisted from years past will be really cheap.
Pretty much. If I really want it (that's rare) - I just buy it. Rest are whatever, it's more a lack of time & interest nowadays than a lack of money.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'll be checking the front page, see games 30 percent off, and then close it to never see it again.

Since they removed daily deals and had deals on rotation on front page, I never get offered games I never knew about which looks interesting.

Thanks for saving me money Gaben.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For now i want
Dusk
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD Edition
everything else we'll see.
I returned a game on steam, does someone know when i get the refund? Steam email says 7 days. I thought it would be quicker. Does it really take 7 days?
Have you tried HoMM3 Complete Edition? It has two expansion packs, which also includes another faction and random map generator. It is not HD graphics.

The vanilla game doesn't have it, nor does the HD pack. The HD Edition is just the vanilla game. There arent any expansion HD packs since UBI lost the source code 20 years ago!

Last edited:

Larxia

If they put horizon at 20 euros i'm ready for a third run.
Since it's already been on sale for a few days at -40%, I doubt it... It's really what sucks with Steam sales now. In the past the sales were a long event with daily changes in the sales, but it's not the case anymore since refund is a thing and people would just refund if there was a new better deal.
It's not as fun as it used to be.

I only buy stuff that's on deep discount during steam sales for the most part. I'm always throwing semi-interesting and obscure stuff on the wishlist, and I usually find a few things that are 80-90% off that are at least worth giving a shot.

amigastar

Have you tried HoMM3 Complete Edition? It has two expansion packs, which also includes another faction and random map generator. It is not HD graphics.

The vanilla game doesn't have it, nor does the HD pack. The HD Edition is just the vanilla game. There arent any expansion HD packs since UBI lost the source code 20 years ago!
No, but i have thought about getting the Complete Edition. I will decide if the HD Edition will cost not too much.

Pejo

Here's the top of my list, hoping for discounts on everything but Mana remaster (obviously).
w5L9DXv.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here's the top of my list, hoping for discounts on everything but Mana remaster (obviously).
I like your optimism!

I guess we'll find out in about 10 minutes

Phase

w5L9DXv.png
Sales right now:

Ys: Memories of Celceta is 14.99 on GOG.
Legend of Mana is 23.99 on Green Man Gaming.
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is 17.81 on Gamersgate.
Maneater is 23.99 on Fanatical.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition is 11.23 on IndieGala.

Use gg.deals and you can see all game store prices.

Pejo

I like your optimism!

I guess we'll find out in about 10 minutes
Hoping != Expecting, lol.

I'd really like to pick up Omori and Ender Lillies, I've been hearing great things about both and they're different from what I usually buy/play.

Falcom games never seem to go on sale for much, but I'm hoping someday. I have most of the Trails of ____ games in my 11-20 wishlist slots.

Pejo

Sakuna is already pretty much worth it at that price. I absolutely loved that game!
Yea it went on sale a day or two ago, but with the Sale coming today I figured I'd just wait and see. It looks fun.

Sales right now:

Ys: Memories of Celceta is 14.99 on GOG.
Legend of Mana is 23.99 on Green Man Gaming.
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is 17.81 on Gamersgate.
Maneater is 23.99 on Fanatical.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition is 11.23 on IndieGala.

Use gg.deals and you can see all game store prices.
Thanks for this. I use isthereanydeal.com and only a few of those are actually showing up, weird. Anyways, appreciate it!

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Story of Seasons is now $30. Don't know why I expected it to go for 20.

Should I buy, or should I wait at least another year because I'm cheap and greedy? 🤔

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I decided to add in Way of the Samurai 3 + all DLC, all WotS 4 DLC, Train Valley 2 DLC, and Dorfromantik. Gabe's got me for another $24.54.

Top Bottom