• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2021 |OT| Let me tell you a story... [24th of June - 8th of July]

Pejo

That new-ish Ghostbusters Remaster is $6~

It doesn't seem vastly different from the original, but if you don't have it and are a Ghostbusters fan (not the 2016 abortion), it's a fun game.

VN1X

Banned
Had some Steam credit left from selling a CS:GO skin so got myself:
  • ICEY
  • CROSSBOW: Bloodnight
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
And that's that! See you next year folks.

wolywood

Awesome, can't wait to not see all these great sales they have on because the storefront is an incomprehensible mess.

At least key sellers usually adjust for Steam sales. Probably check those out this weekend
It feels like they're still using the exact same UI from 2005.

Just got FFXV, Avengers and Jedi Fallen Order for pretty darn cheap. Reckon Avengers is worth a playthrough at that price, especially as the updates are free. I love a good Steam sale.

Hypno285

Banned
mhm, I think it's worth it.

5ad4d8342c.png

Another steam sale, another sale where Granblue fantasy versus isn't discounted; I should remove it from my wishlist, cygames are too greedy and out of touch.

Pejo

Another steam sale, another sale where Granblue fantasy versus isn't discounted; I should remove it from my wishlist, cygames are too greedy and out of touch.
Shame too, it's my favorite fighting game since BlazBlue CF. I like it way more than Strive for the accessibility features not screwing up the core game. But it's deader than dead on PC, can't speak for consoles.

Denton

Terminator Resistance is awesome and every T fan should get it asap

I will likely finally get ME Legendary, The Council, Hong Kong Massacre and Greedfall.

Vagswarm

A lot of games on my wishlist are 60-80% off (or $5 - 10). They always are during these (any) sales; they just weren't in the pecking order before. Think I'm gonna finally get Persona 4 Golden for $13. Surprised Forza Horizon 4 is 50% off. Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers seems like a good deal at $16.

Glad to see Gears 5 for 60% off. I enjoyed playing it on Game Pass, then it kept giving me errors. Supposedly when this happens -- and it's common -- you can only play it on Steam.
Otherwise I'm looking at Nioh Complete Edition for $15.

Nothing I'm interested in is higher than $15 which is pretty cool.

Picked up Dusk and SOMA. Honestly, not much on sale that catches my eye as a MUST BUY. May pick up some more Total War: Warhammer II DLC as there are a few packs I have yet to pick up and would like to have them all for when III comes out.

Pejo

A lot of games on my wishlist are 60-80% off (or $5 - 10). They always are during these (any) sales; they just weren't in the pecking order before. Think I'm gonna finally get Persona 4 Golden for $13. Surprised Forza Horizon 4 is 50% off. Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers seems like a good deal at $16.

Glad to see Gears 5 for 60% off. I enjoyed playing it on Game Pass, then it kept giving me errors. Supposedly when this happens -- and it's common -- you can only play it on Steam.
Otherwise I'm looking at Nioh Complete Edition for $15.

Nothing I'm interested in is higher than $15 which is pretty cool.
Highly recommend both Nioh games if you like the idea of "souls" mixed with ninja gaiden + a stance system.

Vagswarm

Highly recommend both Nioh games if you like the idea of "souls" mixed with ninja gaiden + a stance system.
I get destroyed by Souls these days (did pretty well with Demon's and Dark when they first released) and am not the biggest fan. Ninja Gaiden was a lot of fun though... despite being very difficult.

From the reviews I've read on Nioh, it does sound pretty good. Pretty much as you described. $15 isn't that bad for a quality title.

I think I'm just getting worse at games with age. lol

Last edited:

Pejo

I get destroyed by Souls these days (did pretty well with Demon's and Dark when they first released) and am not the biggest fan. Ninja Gaiden was a lot of fun though... despite being very difficult.

From the reviews I've read on Nioh, it does sound pretty good. Pretty much as you described. $15 isn't that bad for a quality title.

I think I'm just getting worse at games with age. lol
Totally get it. Nioh is tough at the beginning but after you "click" with the mechanics and get some skill upgrades unlocked it becomes much more manageable and fun. I would say both Nioh games had a backwards difficulty curve, lol. Part of that is just you "gittin' gud" though.

junguler

Banned
i wish steam could have disabled refunds during the sales and for games bought on sales so we could have flash sales back, guess it's opens them up for potential lawsuits so we are stuck with these boring sales forever ...

GametimeUK

Fable
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Amid Evil
Indie Game The Movie

That's it for me. There's loads I would buy, but I just haven't stumbled across the games yet. I really need to add stuff to my wishlist as I see it so I don't forget.

ssringo

Been at it for so long that I already own everything I'm interested in that usually gets promoted on the front page and delving into the depths rarely turns up anything interesting.

I browse these threads to see what other's buy in case they discover something I've missed.

Edit: Doesn't help that a couple publishers that actually DO have stuff I'm interested in hardly ever have even mediocre sales (Koei Tecmo)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm on the fence about picking up the Nioh 1 Complete Collection. I have the base game on PS4, which kinda pisses me off since it's not eligible for the PS5 upgrade. I'm not sure I should be rewarding that kind of bad behavior with a purchase on a different platform.

FrozenFlame

Thinking of getting a smallish indie game to casually play after work (aka, I'm too tired to play something intensive), any feedback on any of these:

Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager
Deck of Ashes
DungeonTop
Banners of Ruin
Tainted Grail: Conquest

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thinking of getting a smallish indie game to casually play after work (aka, I'm too tired to play something intensive), any feedback on any of these:

Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager
Deck of Ashes
DungeonTop
Banners of Ruin
Tainted Grail: Conquest
You seem to like roguelike deckbuilding card games

Do you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior Jesus Monster Train?

GHG

Gold Member
Will probably just grab the Outer Worlds and some RFactor 2 DLC since a lot of that is on sale for once.

CitizenZ

Banned
Terminator Resistance is awesome and every T fan should get it asap

I will likely finally get ME Legendary, The Council, Hong Kong Massacre and Greedfall.

Agree with TR it maybe one of the best stories that didnt fck up the original in any way and made sense and felt like a story that was written by men who grew up in the era and not some woke fck. And with the license to the music and sound and exceptional art design made it better than expected.

Greedfall was my #1 get for this sale basically they had announced Elex 2 and there are some good mods. Lo and behold I get notification today that next week they are doing a Gold version AND new DLC out of no where. So i guess a win-win.

jshackles

236 hours and counting. :messenger_beaming:
excited hell yeah GIF

I'm assuming then that you've played the DLC? Also fantastic.

Sorry I can't help with any of those other games as I haven't played them. Hopefully someone can give you some direction there.

Holammer

To the chucklenuts complaining about the prices, (because there's doubtless going to be someone whining about it) they are set by the publishers. Literally nothing Valve can do about it.
If you want to blame someone for the more conservative pricing nowadays, that's because of Sergey Galyonkin's influence when he data-mined Steam and theorized that discounts went too far.

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

I'm assuming then that you've played the DLC? Also fantastic.
I did, when it was available for free (beta). Honestly didn't enjoy the new clan mechanic so I didn't bother. And for the price (not that I'm really complaining considering how much time I've spent with the vanilla game) I rather get a new/different game.

Top Bottom